faction "empires"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by santuckcasper, Dec 4, 2012.

1. santuckcasper

ok, so by the rate that i have it downloading i will be playing sometime tomarrow and i want to know, should i join the TR or the NC im not joining the alien-worshiping freaks but i cant decide whether to help the oppressive government or join the terrorists who want freedom, from some descriptions NC seems like the good guys and some make the TR seem good, so which is the lesser of the evils is what i guess im trying to say?
  2. Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Alien-Worshipping freaks?

I ought to kill you where you stand. The Vanu will have their revenge.

No, but seriously, I recommend the TR. I like them, and the NC seem to be over-populated.
  3. KoSGunny

Honestly: Ignore the backstory.

Play each until about Battle Rank 5 (this won't take long at all) and then just stick with the one that's most fun for you.

Otherwise you may end up bored quickly, or frustrated at certain mechanics of a faction: And not want to change factions because you've invested too much time.

Backstory is fine and all.. But it pales in comparison to gameplay when considering fun and longevity of the game.
    • Up x 1
  4. Tobax

Well TR are the government force but are trying to keep order, NC want freedom but are causing chaos so not that easy to say who's "good" lol.
  5. xpsyclosarinx

Yup, agreed with Gunny,

Play each faction to about BR5 and check out all the classes and see which empire you like the feel of most.

Vanu = Accurate/Agile
    Terran = LowRecoil/Fast
    N-Con = High Damage/Slow

That's making it reallly brief but try them all out first.
  6. Sento

You should pick a faction more on their weapon and vehicle playstyles instead of their background but i'll try to explain what I know of the factions.

TR: Basically a totalitarian militaristic government. While very oppressive and controlling, in the end they want to unite the factions and stop the fighting.
    NC: Freedom fighters and mercenaries who want to break way from the oppressiveness of the TR. They are backed by commercial corporations that want resources from the planet or something? Not to clear on that part.

Gameplay differences:
    TR: Guns focused on RoF and large magazines. Low dmg per bullet but they can put a ton of bullets down range. Their vehicles are focused on speed.
    NC: Opposite of TR, slow RoF with hard hitting rounds. Vehicles focused on being more durable then the other factions with thicker armor.
  7. KoSGunny

To extend upon my own post:

I thought lasers were way over-hyped and would be ridiculously cheesy. As well, the 'fanatical' take on the Vanu had me not wanting to play them.

But turns out, mowing the grass is epic fun (MagMowers FTW!) and I just enjoy the game more as a sexy purple man going pew pew than I would've ever expected.
  8. Nehlis

Most of the Backstory is grey on grey morality.
    The TR are the remnants of a governing body for a Utopian society, but since they were cut off from earth they have become more oppressive. They are trying to re-instill order at any cost.
    The NC are rebels who want to break free of the now oppressive TR force, and have some shady corporate backing, who's goals we don't know. They are trying to break free at any cost.
    The VS are trans-humanists who believe that the left-over technology from the Vanu are the key to evolving humans into their next stage, but they may be sacrificing what makes them human in the process.

I just play the NC because I like having high power, accuracy and armor. Fire rate doesn't suit me, and I REALLY hate the Vanu for multiple reasons NOT related to gameplay (Ever hear of Sins of a solar empire?). Just go with whatever is more fun.
  9. Selentic

Terran Republic is basically a bunch of Orwellian Fascists, and the New Conglomerate is more or less the Tea Party in space. IE: both awful groups, so it really doesn't matter which you choose if you're unwilling to play Vanu.
    • Up x 2
  10. Ky3217

You cant join those dirty blues!
  11. lordprinceps

sacrficing humanty is best sacrifice.
    Also, advent are best :p
    • Up x 2
  12. PoopMaster

Except it's hardly living when you have to surrender all your rights and freedom to live safely.
  13. Ky3217

Also, we Terrans have a lot of good chocolate. It's hidden in a secret room under The Crown!
  14. Tobax

I know don't worry I'm NC :)
  15. Luft

All of the factions are equally detestable.

The NC are terrorist corporate pigs, the TR are authoritatian tyrants, and the VS are transhuman self-hating fanatics.

However, all factions are also equally good.

The NC want freedom for all, the TR want harmony and order, and the VS want to advance humanity through science.
  16. xpsyclosarinx

The freedom to terrorize and exploit the civilians for your own corporate masters so only those fighting can live safely, sure, sounds great...

Don't forget the NC and VS betrayed Terra because of pure greed. Totalitarian or not, the TR are the the only hope of reuniting humanity and getting everyone home. The VS couldn't care less about humanity and NC only wish to serve their own selfish goals.
  17. santuckcasper

ok, i like the way the NC stuff sounds, kill em with one shot and you dont need all those extras, and i like the heavier armour, and i dident know i could switch factions....... ill probably end up in the NC but maybe in the TR i dont know, ill try both for a little bit and see, i dont like the way the vanu stuff sounds though but i MAY try them but thats a BIG may, and by all means please continue to leave posts, i wanna see what yall have to say about the faction differences in both weapons/vehicles and morals!
  18. Ky3217

If you join the blues then....

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. Shahnaz

Go with the smurfs, I'll happily kill you every time we meet.
  20. santuckcasper

well i said i may join the TR, i havent decided yet