Fact is K/D Ratio + Kill Per Minute show how good of a player you are in PS2 most of the time!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by G.O.A.T, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gustavo M

I was about to bite the bait, when I saw your post.
    Thank you, my good sir. You saved me some minutes of mindlessly attempts to enlighten this unfortunate.
    • Up x 1
  2. ZEPLN

Stats show player versus player performance. Doesn't mean you're a good Planetside 2 player. This game is about adaptability and teamwork. I'd recruit a team player before a kill ***** any day, even if the K/D and SPM were worse for for it.

For example, a player with most time played as medic and a terrible K/D tells me they run around like idiots with the res tool out trying to heal and res everything in sight. Now, recruit them into a competent squad and get some skilled and conservative HAs in front, and you've got the makings of good squad composition and synergy on the battlefield.

Having good stats is not mutually exclusive with being a good PS2 player, but it sure as hell isn't a priority stat outfits concerned with the live server gameplay hunt for when they recruit. Those stats only matter when considering competitive gameplay (CC, MLG, #YOLOxXx420xXxSn1p3r).
    • Up x 3
  3. Copasetic

I guess this is a good place to complain about KDR discrimination against LA and infiltrators. These brave men and women usually operate away from any friendly medics and as a result they rarely get their deaths erased in the "official" stats that are shown in game and on the players page. This kind of classism is unacceptable in modern society and I urge everyone at SOE to take some seminars on tolerance and equal rights.
    • Up x 1
  4. ABATTLEDONKEY

The very core of this ENTIRE discussion right here. There are 2 types of people: those that play the game, and those that take a peek sideways at the urinals.

Criminy people, just stop caring about your silly little stats, and enjoy the game. This could really use used to almost every time of real life scenario as well. If you stop comparing yourself to others, you suddenly enjoy life.
    • Up x 1
  5. Haquim

Bah, i've long ago decided to not give a damn and do whats necessary.
    Going for Sundys or that sieging bastard tank thats shelling our tower from afar doesn't help my K/D. Neither does medic and engineer duty.
    Moreover, before you go for SPM as metric for a "good" player: Remember that members and boosts increase those numbers.
    • Up x 1
  6. Rift23

Fact is KDR shows how good your rig is and nothing else.:)
  7. G.O.A.T

Actually I do very well without medics.

What are you talking about Length?.....Sorry Im not some little kid who believes in the myth that length matters.

The difference is that K/D ratio and KPM are effected by what you do as a FPS gamer.....The way you are, is just genetic.

So please stop these stupid 10 year old comparisons, thnx.
  8. G.O.A.T

So your telling me that killing the enemy doesn't help in real wars where the objective is usually to take over territory?

[IMG]
  9. Tommyp2006

My biggest issue with K/D and KPM is that they are lifetime stats. They give NO indication of current player skill, the longer you play the game, the less accurate those stats become. For example, my lifetime KD is around 1.5 right now. My actual KD in sessions is around 2.5-3 as pure infantry, and goes significantly higher in vehicles. It will take me FOREVER to ever actually bring my overall KD up to it's actual amount. For example, right now, I have about 28,000 kills, and about 18,000 deaths. That's a disparity between them of 10,000 kills. If I maintain at least a K/D of 2.0, and were to knock off 50 kills from that difference every day, it would still take me 200 days to make up for that disparity. Considering that I don't actually play that much a day, it will actually take me probably a year and a half to bring that KD up to where it actually is.

Another big issue I have with using K/D and KPM as a metric, is the massive amounts of downtime this game has. There can be very little, or a lot of downtime between fights, depending on what your squad is doing, or if you are soloing. Not to mention, time AFK or alt-tabbed out. I would bet at least a full day of my game time has been spent alt tabbed out or AFK, maybe even longer. Quite often, the auto disconnect for inactivity does not work or happen.

I will say that the stats do give you SOME amount of indication of player skill, but it will never be an accurate measure. The only real way to know is to play with the person.
    • Up x 2
  10. ABATTLEDONKEY

*whoosh!!!!!!* right over your head huh?

The ENTIRE point, was that comparing your "size" is a stupid, silly, and otherwise useless endevour. We are comparing the stat counters, to the SAME crowd, as the "peekers". you care about something as useless, worthless, and misleading as K/D, and SPM, in the same way that an adolescent cares about his manhood. Both things dont matter, and in the end, the more you care about them, the more they distract you from what really matters.
    • Up x 5
  11. G.O.A.T

Please stop associating length with manhood, you need to take your head out of that little dark place your in....So just the fact you are using it as an example to show it doesn't matter, makes you look bad.

Like I said K/D Ratio and KPM do matter and they are influenced by how well you do in killing people in the game...Guess what you control that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Genetics is nothing you control, so horrible example like I said.
  12. ABATTLEDONKEY

*facepalm*

Nevermind GOAT. Just forget it. Your obviously one of those people who will just argue for the sake of arguing. Your not even TRYING to understand the premise here. The point of a comparison is NOT to make an identical likeness, its to draw a few parallels despite some indifferences. The sooner you learn to open up your mind to other peoples thoughts, the sooner youll find clarity. good luck, and keep that K/D stacked!
    • Up x 3
  13. yeHHH1g

That's why there are stat sites that allow you to sort your k/d on a monthly basis. Pulling from the DA site, you've been hovering around 2.5 the past 4 months so I would say you've learned to play smarter compared to your prior months' k/d. Also, looking at KPH for individual weapons shows a fairly accurate picture of skill with that class/weapon combo
  14. Wizz

They are
    They aren't life time stats on the da stats page.
  15. Chubzdoomer

If the KDR stat were removed from this game entirely, it would be the best thing ever. I would be ecstatic.
    • Up x 2
  16. SOE-MOD-03

Hey y'all. This has gotten very non-constructive and I'll be shutting it down.

Thank you,
    ♥03
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.