Extra ammo or Extra health?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mordrag, Dec 2, 2012.

1. vampwood

Not true you can survive a headshot from bolt actions with the first rank at certain ranges.

Personally I use advanced shield regen because it lets me get some EHP back when dueling multiple targets midrange by breaking LOS quickly behind a hill or something.
  2. vampwood

Just because you cannot do it, doesn't mean others cannot. I use the TSAR 42 to great effect at close range, as long as I don't get surprised at point blank I will generally win my engagements.
  3. m44v

********. I have never seen any class survive a headshot at any range. If is the heavy, maybe I can believe, but the infiltrator? ********.
  4. PanzerGoddess

...lol I do close range all the time and do quite well thank you....there is a thing called skill level x_X
  5. vampwood

You don't snipe very often then... It happens less with the high powered long range variants because the range of when that happens is quite far, but with the scout rifles it can happen at quite a short range. Nanoweave WILL save you from headshots at level 1 at certain ranges depending on the bolt action used.
  6. m44v

Why do you assume I don't? I snipe with bolt actions a lot, and I never saw anyone survive a headshot from any range, and I'm sure there's many players running around with nanoweave rank 1. But lets not talk with baseless arguments, lets get some information and do the math, shall we?

PS2 Weapon Data Sheets

Infiltrators have 900 hitpoints (400 shields and 500 health, 100 points less than other classes)
    nanoweave rank 1 gives you 400 + 500 * 1.1 = 950 hitpoints
    the headshot damage bonus is generally agreed to be x2
    Vanu's semiautomatic sniper rifle deals a minimum damage of 250 (at 200m) other semiautos deal more, 334.

So, without nanoweave, you die after 2 headshots. You need more than 1000 hitpoints for survive two headshots, you don't get that many hitpoints as infiltrator until you get nanoweave rank 5. And that's only against Vanu's default sniper rifle, against TR you will still die after 2 headshots. There's still no data about the minimum damage of bolt actions, but it should fall below 562 for let you survive a headshot with nanoweave rank 5. So I doubt it.

So you need nanoweave rank FIVE for survive 2 headshots when fighting ONLY against Vanu's semiautomatic sniper rifle. And at close range for survive ONE extra bullet from any weapon you also need nanoweave rank 5. The first rank isn't of help.

Conclusion, nanoweave is useless for the infiltrator.
  7. Timeraider

Skilllevel of the idiots you have as enemies then yeah
  8. PanzerGoddess

you realize that most people that say it cant be done are the ones that cant do it. Their complaints and problems against whatever it may be is their justification for something they cant do well. There will always be people you cannot do things others cant, so for them to justify it, they will talk anyone or anything down to make them feel better lol. Which is fine, we will keep doing what we love to do and what others cannot :D