Extra ammo or Extra health?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mordrag, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Mordrag

I'm torn right now, trying to figure out what I would be better off with more. I find myself running out of ammo far more than I do getting into firefights because I like to stay back away from things but with it maxed out you only get another 20 bullets. What do you guys think is more worth it?
  2. PeterLawford

I like extra health myself. I get into a lot of close range fights, and I never seem to be that far from an equipment terminal or an engineer. I intend to eventually have nanoweave and extra ammo fully certed eventually and have them on different loadouts so I can switch based on the situation, but I'm finding myself needing the extra health a lot more and I can only afford the cert points for one at the moment.
  3. Mordrag

Hmm, good point. Im kind of leaning towards your point more but like I said I keep running out of ammo >.< and I like to go behind enemy lines a lot so my teams nowhere near me.
  4. Benevon

What Peter said basically. I have the ammo belt for my sniper loadout, which is the one I personally use the most. For long range sniping you want all the ammo you can carry. Then I have my infiltrating loadout with more health and a scout rifle for CQC.
  5. Flaeb

Extra Health for close quarters. I would get Advanced Shield Regen if I can get shield back while cloaked.
  6. ed_anger

Extra health, hack terminals for more ammo.
  7. Krytical

Extra ammo, if you position yourself properly then you shouldn't be taking damage. Time spent running back and forth for ammo is time spent not killing people.
    • Up x 2
  8. sharknice

This is what I usually do. I just wish you could hack enemy sunderer terminals. ;)
  9. TriumphOfMan

Ideally you should be working with a squad that contains an engineer, so extra ammo is a pretty pointless upgrade.
  10. m44v

Nanoweave is kind of useless for the infiltrator. Get the extra ammo or the faster shield recharge.
  11. Apina

Extra health, it really helps against snipers.
  12. Noctover

Extra Ammo, without a doubt!

A: As an Infiltrator your job isnt to get hit, if you get spotted your better off running and engaging them on your terms not theirs.

B: Even with max certs spent in 5/5 health, you can take 2 extra bullets on a class that isnt supposed to be getting hit.

C: If your playing your Inf well, you'll run out of bullets before you die.
  13. Noctover

D: If your playing your Inf properly, the only terminals you'll have access to during an assault, is the enemy ones that you hack, and they are often restricted to spawn rooms that you can't enter.
  14. Helwyr

How does it help vs Snipers?

There's no great choice in the suit mods for Infiltrator. I initially went the Ammo Belt route until I realized SOE had nerfed it from beta, and I only got 5 more rounds for 150 certs. Maxed out Ammo Belt is probably a worthwhile option compared to the current alternatives, but I didn't want to sink that many certs into that. Nanoweave imo does nothing for being hit by a sniper, but it does help with those 1vs1 fight you end up in when you bump into an enemy at close range... Now only if I didn't have to use the Beamer and a knife that doesn't seem to register a third of it's hits...

For value 1 cert in Nanoweave and invest certs in something other than Infiltrator Suit Mods, is probably the best path.
  15. Phenox

Since the extra health is a % and infiltrators have the lowest health of all classes, nanoweave isn't really useful
    As for using extra ammo it depends on the gun your using and where you are in the game world, some guns can be real ammo hogs (auto scout rifles) and ammo becomes essential or you have to resupply every few mins, if your sniping ammo probably would be most beneficial if you don't expose yourself and die before you run out

Overall tho it depends on your play style, as I like a close combat infiltrator, i take grenade capacity for clearing out masses who clump up during base assault/defense - but that doesn't really answer your question

In the end you just have to pick something which you think will benefit you most, depending on the situation you find yourself in the most

Personally tho, i would never take nanoweave on a infiltrator as the benefit is negligible in comparison to other enhancements
  16. PanzerGoddess

if your playing infiltrator right you will know the difference between maple syrup and the real thing....really I swear. Play how you want to play, there is no right way of doing it, heanyone to tell you otrwise has a one sided opinion on what you should use. I use extra ammo and the cloak, Im usually up close and personal, the extra health doesnt help much for me, when facing an HA...that extra health doesnt do poo lol.
  17. Timeraider

E; If your an sniping infiltrator you shouldnt be in an enemy base. Sadly aside from sniping there is not that much an infil can do atm as long as knifing stays this sucky and the short-range stuff is not very usefull
  18. PanzerGoddess

....hacking, close range combat, scouting.....there is plenty of things to do???
  19. Timeraider

ever tried short range combat with an infil.. if your up against non-idiots it doesnt work that well 50% of the time
  20. Haku_Sama

+1 Grenade slot! Nothing is going to save you from a light or heavy that gets to jump on you. You already take bonus damage just BEING an infiltrator. You'd have to dump 711 certs into nanoweave armor just to counter that.

Get decent at bouncing nades off walls and pre-emptive explosive(BB, claymore, proxi) placement to save you. This class is not designed for CQC.