Extended Magazine for Assault Rifles+Carbines+More(Read)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeonSonic, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Luicanus

yeah, the ARs wouldn't be objectively better for a LA because the Carbine's bonus would keep them competative.
  2. NeonSonic

3. NeonSonic

Example here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1334573415
    That, + Nanoweave or Flak Armor would balance the game out more, instead of leaving people 1 trick ponies when this is a battlefield on a massive scale, soldiers that can only sport armor or ammo doesnt make sense - you should be able to sport both armor and ammo that would make more sense! Devs U may not agree with everything your community has to say but i seriously think you should consider redoing the inventory system of this game, maybe more designed like PlanetSide 1 if you cant at the very least incorporate Ammo and Armor in soldiers loadouts at the same time. :)

Thank you for your time.
  4. LordKrelas

You know, In PS1, every single solider was specialized to absurdity.
    Every single implant ran off of stamina - so you couldn't use them if running constantly or jumping.
    You had to cert into Tanks, into Sunderers, into Aircraft to ever spawn one.
    You had to pack every bullet, every missile, every weapon, every grenade, and ammo for your tools into one backpack in PS1.

There was no generalized one-size-fits all class.
    There was no LMG, Sidearm, Rocket-Launcher, Energy-Shield button - No add-on slots to boost this.
    No ability to pack extra grenades, or health kits while still packing all of the above.

1-trick pony was PS1.

MMORPG since... Equipment isn't skinned clones? Every class right now is a generalized platform.
    You even know the game? Equipment, isn't "You got the Amulet of Azura" specifically.
    You picked an CQC Carbine, Long-range? Did you pick an SMG? Did you know these guns function differently?
    How about grenades? You know, a skilled shot kills at least 1 per throw, and in rooms, that's easily a group kill.
    You can do this from the other of a base nearly.

How about the purpose of Nanoweave?
    Who the **** carries Ammo-belt? We have ammo-printer, Engineers, and more ammo than sane.

Right now, you pick up 4+ grenades, throw, and re-supply till your nanites drop - and that'll end a room.
    Anyone not dead, is easily pickings if you can aim with any gun - from the first wave.

I get it, I get it.
    You can't grasp complexity - Or how effective a tool is.
    You hear "Gear", "Equipment", you think "MRPH", not FPS.
    Ever played an FPS properly? Your "stuff", your "Gun" choice, that's Equipment.
    It matters - Since, in every game, You aren't firing pistols that are identical in capabilities to knives & Assault Rifles.
    You don't pick up, or get consumables that are identical in every way but icon - That's also equipment.

Extra Ammo for what? To miss?
    You see "I CAN GET MY AMMO BELT, AND SACRIFICE NOTHING"
    While ignoring what the intelligent would do: Which is stack bonus on bonus.
    This is a team-game: These things stack hard.

The ability of the devs to do it, isn't what is it in question.
    Its the sanity.
    We could make Knives one-shot at 500 meters - Should we? Are you insane?

Always-on Extra ammo belt, kinda defeats the point of the intended ammo pools for weapons.
    And of course, the number using it to stack nanite weapons, or AV weapon ammo to the high heavens would be extreme.
    Which makes it even more of a waste of time.

Same with reading a post inside a post.
    Or reading that "Equipment, is only in MRPHS not FPS", when every single FPS that has options of any kind, has equipment..
    And that unless all is identical; It's stacked with whatever is given, for the best advantages.
    If they could spam grenades, while granting higher effective health against all standard-weapons - they'd jump on it.

What they wouldn't jump onto, is taking extra Ammo while having an infinite ammo supply guy in their squad.
    When they can pack 4+ free kills over walls - if not room cleaner devices.
    It's akin to asking an LA for a "teleport pack & 2 C-4" or "teleport pack & 2 C-4 & 25% additional health" instead.
    The Bright one goes "option 2"

Teleport pack is a reference to the new jump jets, with Lag.
    IE Ambusher Jets.
    When you equip it - it's pretty devastating if used correctly.
  5. FateJH

That's (unfortunately) a bit of an exaggeration. While it wasn't until after BR40 out of 40 that you automatically had everything but the "earned vehicles" unlocked, after a certain battle rank, you had more than enough certs to unlock all of the tools you would need and that lead to a mild player-driven mid-game standardization in loadouts. Certain combinations would give you everything you might need and all stuffed into a sufficient 9x6 or 12x9 and simply carrying around a REK with an advanced level of Hacking skill let you swap and restock easily. Lower-rank players were more common to find as specialized, but that is only because they had to juggle and compromise.
    And stamina also drained as you got shot (except when using Personal Shield, I think).
    If you can not figure out how to pack enough of something for one or two engagements in PlanetSide Classic, you have failed the Tetris gods. You have failed Alexey Pajitnov. In any case, since most players carried a medical utility, medkits, or a BANK, it was easy to loot player backpacks (pastry, whatever you saw it as) for your recovery items in between engagements, if you really were alone and had no one else to help you. The looting aspect was important for keeping well-stocked and well-healed during engagements.

I'm not going to argue that the game didn't have a limited number of weapons. As far as I am aware, that was an intentional design decision.
    • Up x 1
  6. NeonSonic

PS1 was not a 1 trick pony as u had to specialize for everything for a long time during the game before they added more battle ranks above 25 which eventually allowed you to get everything if u got the max battlerank.

in this game u can get anything you want but your loadout is limited, which is my complaint. Being able to carry armor and ammo at the same time would balance the game better.
  7. LordKrelas

If the load-out wasn't limited - and you can stack Buffs on buffs.. it would be horrid.
    (Which it was in PS1 as well, refer to the guy quoting me ahead of you, but by inventory rather than class)

You want to gain extra ammo, without losing the entire effective-health-boost of Armor enhancement.
    Which means you basically want the effective ammo pool capacity to be increased, while packing the extra health personally.
    Everyone else, would use this for far more effective results:
    Extra explosives to kill everyone using nanoweave - Or to soften them, for their primary weapons.
    Extra Rockets & Flak, to further extend solo AV options

You'd basically have Armor on-constantly, as slot-1 - as if built-into-every-class, and everything else that remains, being used as the "actual" Slot.
    Increased Ammo is one the least useful thing of the suit slots, for most people..
    We have these things called Engineers - Even Snipers operating away from allies, rarely run low on ammo to warrant it.

As, unlike you, everyone packing Nanoweave right now, wouldn't pick Ammo to go along with.
    They'd pick the more practical things..
    - And even in your case, you're essentially building in an Ammo-pool buff into every class.
    Or you're buffing the effective health of all classes against weapons, or explosives.

That's just by adding a second slot.
    That's the cost of suit slots other than Nanoweave or Flak-armor: The other slot choices.
    And you know what wins? Nanoweave, or Flak.
    By effectively making a Slot nearly built just for them, You buff every class but Maxes to always have it.
  8. NeonSonic

Not necessarily Ammo is for offensive purposes, those 2 are for defense. if you like specializing in defense, thats your choice, i prefer offense, unless im using a VS heat weapon my slot usually goes for ammo so i can take more enemies out and not have to rely on an engineer as much, see what im getting at? if the devs put both in that eliminates the choice as people could take both nanoweavea and ammo if they arent VS especially with the heat weapon, and thus, have more versatility and flexibility in the field and more options to go with, thats a BUFF which is what I want. the Devs need to revamp the suit slot like how they did the implant slot if you catch my drift.

You are looking at it as if it would be detrimental to the game like a NERF - you think people would pack more grenades over ammo which if they do all you have to do is switch to Flak Armor if it bothers you enough otherwise just stick with your kit and pack more ammo to mow more people down with nanoweave i would say ;)
  9. LordKrelas

What do you think, is the point of having to pick between increased ammo supplies, and increased effective health?

You want to eliminate the choice, or need, to pick between higher effective health IE Defense, and higher effective offensive capability.
    IE Ammo, Grenades, etc.
    For less reliance on allies for extended engagement.

In a team game, remove the need to pick between Offense or defense augmentations..
    "More versatility" goes out the window, when there is Best-in-slot-items, that are picked over all others..
    And you wish to make those very said items, easier to pick & not suffer at all for picking anything.

It buffs the effective health of everyone in the game - By not having to pick between Nano\Flak & extra grenades\ammo
    If they switch to flak to attempt survival from 4+ grenades per person, which are to soften them up..
    The Grenade thrower is wearing nanoweave.... so their effective health against their non-explosive return-fire is higher.

Most people, let alone the non-sololists, don't pick ammo-belt.
    As that's literally one of the most useless things if you aren't fighting at empty bases.
    And you give them the Option of Extra Grenades...

While building in the enhanced resistances to damage, since they are best-in-slot items.
    How about making the others competitive, rather than basically building them in, so You can have Your Cake & eat it too?
  10. NeonSonic

11. NeonSonic

Any chance I can get a developer response on this? What would they think of improving the suit slot atleast or redoing it to be an inventory system? They redid the implants I was wondering if they could do the same here.
  12. Corezer

all non-LMG/BASRs should get a magazine increase of 50%, while having their reserve ammo reduced to 4 spares, combined with free nanoweave for everyone, then reduce headshot damage multiplier to 1.5+no nanoweave protection and reduce BA drop-off to maintain consistency.