Exploit or Legit Tactic???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MurgNC, Mar 12, 2016.

1. thingymajigy

OK...what about kicking most of the squad before placing the beacon, place the beacon, then invite them back? Then only a few will have the placement cooldown.
  2. Nalothisal

I'll admit that it is not really a strat that will get you much in the way of collective respect, but... *tips his ranger hat* I have to give props to the really well organized squad/platoon for doing it, and having players able to do it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Iridar51

True, but we can circumvent this. When a new player joins a squad, if any other squad members have a placement cooldown, the new player will automatically inherit their placement cooldown. Priority given to longer cooldowns.
  4. Stigma

It's a problem in the game that never got addressed... it is obviously not INTENDED that we swap squad-leader around like that, but everyone worth their salt does it. Heck, it is basically a defacto mechanic at this point.

But obviously it's broken ... and the devs need to sit down and decide if they just want to make it is that everyone in the squad can use beacons (still 1 pr squad) and maintain the system like it is now minus the horrendously annoying squad-leader swapping. OR put some sort of real system in place. Putting in a real limit of only squadleaders being able to put down only 1 beacon seems almost too restrictive in practice now just based on how normal it has become with virtually unlimited beacons.

-Stigma
    • Up x 1
  5. Azawarau

^I already mentioned that earlier. Squad Cd for placement is a quick fix
  6. Azawarau

Joining a squad sets it into CD

This is why we need these things

People exploit anything they can

EX: Warframe
  7. Reclaimer77

Okay then I'm calling everyone who's ever killed infantry with an AV weapon "exploiters". Do you agree with that?

Why not? After all, the game heavily IMPLIES that AV weapons are only meant to be used against vehicles and hard targets.

Feel dumb yet?
  8. Azawarau

A case can be made to a point. Mostly with Mountain camping but the issue there is mountain camping more than the explosion radius of more damaging AV focused weapons
  9. Cynosure

Never seen this happen, personally, but it makes sense and I'm in favour of adding a squad-wide cool down. The purpose of the 'squad lead' position is not to simply place beacons--it's to lead the squad. Sounds to me like they were abusing that position to exploit an oversight in development.
  10. Crayv

Reminds of when vehicle cooldowns were based on the player and not the vehicle. You could swap seats and take turns using Fire Suppression to repair your vehicle very quickly.
  11. Reclaimer77

Nice avoidance. Mountain camping? Shut the hell up with that and actual address the points I made.

You can't because your argument fails in the face of rational questioning. Basing what is and isn't cheating based on your SUBJECTION view on what the game "implies" just isn't good enough.
  12. DeadlyOmen

You guys are always crying for metagame.

What the OP describes is metagame.

Shame on the creative! SHAME!
  13. Azawarau

I answered your question directly

Youre proving yourself wrong by coming here to give your opinion which is no less subjective than mine

I dont think you understand how this works honestly....
  14. Reclaimer77

It's not an opinion, it's a fact. If the game allows for something, it is not an exploit until the Developers come out and SAY it is. Afterwards, THEN you can accuse people who still abuse it of exploiting. At which point they should be reported and punished until such time the developers patch the exploit from the game.

I'm using facts and logic. You are sublimating your opinion and feelings as facts. Yet again.
  15. Azawarau

Thats not true and you know it

If the Devs were to say after that its an exploit then that means it was an exploit all along

They also tend to leave issues untouched, unsolved, or unanswered for long periods of time, not at their own fault of course
  16. Reclaimer77

It absolutely IS true. Holy crap, didn't you learn anything from this:

I think you've told me that English isn't your first language. So maybe there's some cultural barrier that's happening that is harming your comprehension? I don't get it. This is EXACTLY the same as the Sunderer thing you so adamantly called an "exploit". If the game allows it, and the Developers have not called it an exploit, then it is fair game to use it.
  17. Azawarau

Lets take the grenade bug for example

Before it was called a bug did that make it ok to use?

I know two languages and am learning a third

English is my first and i understand it much better than you do

Something doesnt become something else afte they say it. It was a bug all along

Also if you look its phrased in a way thats an admission that it was unintentional

"generally allowed in-game"

Calling it out is perfectly fine and not liking it is perfectly fine as well

Civil disagreements dont seem to be a thing with Facists though
  18. Reclaimer77

First off you can barely type proper English, I would say that no your comprehension of the language is not better than mine. But that's irrelevant here, so moving on:

Secondly, there is absolutely ZERO indication in Exerge's post that reveals an admission that there is something unintended going on here. Why do you keep trying to impose your opinion on reality?

The grenade bug is a bug. It is NOT working as intended. The Devs have stated as much. But here, the Devs are telling you it's a valid tactic and has always been.
  19. Azawarau

[IMG]

You really love these dont you

When it first began, before the devs commented on it, was it fair?

After wouldnt it mean that it was an exploit even before they called it one?

Do we have to agree with the devs on every decision they make?
  20. Movoza

Unless they changed it, the spawn cooldown is still active even if a new leader places a beacon. So it will only increase availability of the beacon. More availability means that people generally have less wasted time waiting on the spawn beacon/have to spawn from elsewhere.
    I think it is legitimate. The tactic does involve an enormous amount of communication, a leader that doesn't do anything for a second, the new leader having to place a new beacon on a good location and the loss of any squad markers. All that for circumventing a CD that is barely longer than the spawn CD on a beacon if fully certed.
    If they make the cost/benefits worthwhile, they deserve it in my book.

Edit: also with the EMP grenade that just destroys it if it is thrown within 20m of the beacon it is hard to have beacons working for some time.