Event proposal: Pumpkin Warfare

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Kristan

People say that current event directives are a bit too grindy and some don't have the time or commitment to grind said directives.

But what if we pick a date and time, gather all three factions at certain base, roll sunderers so they can spawn there and cause the clash using only Halloween weapons and knives? No firearms, no rockets, no tanks. Only pumpkin grenades, candy cannons and knives. I think it's going to be fun and everyone would have a chance to farm directives without putting themselves in disadvantage against players who use conventional weapons. We might also do Flash Clash for those who wish to complete Horseman directive.
  2. Jac70

Yeah sounds like a laugh but doubt it could actually be organised. Getting everyone to know would be one thing. Then dealing with the people who know but don't care.
    • Up x 1
  3. Halkesh

We already had this kind of event in the past, so why not ?

Goal : NC are normal guys and fight VS
    VS can only use knife
    When a NC guy die, he create a new VS character with "zombie" before his name.

Edit : nevermind, all zombiguy will be stuck in VR.
  4. stalkish

Yes, this is a game, so as long as people are following the rules, they dont have to listen to player organised events, so i agree the problem would be people who dont care.

I remember in PS1 when some TR player died IRL and his outfit had an in-game funeral. Most people let it lie and ignored it or took part in it.
    A couple of players decided they would take advantage of the entire TR empire being lined up for a 3 volley salute and bombed them with a lib.
    Not agaisnt the rules of the game (although i think they did receive a ban off the admins for it) but a bit below the belt.
    Point is some people will do anything for their meaningless 'stat points'.
    PS2 has directives giving meaning to those pointless stats, so instead of 1 or 2 spoiling it, there would be 10s.
  5. Kristan

Of course there would be players who ignore the rules. That's why we need a remote base, not linked to the frontline. Get people in platoons, drop them from galaxies, set squad beacons, hack terminal and roll cloaked sundies, so random players won't spot them from distance and destroy them. I think if there would be violators they would be outnumbered or teamkilled.
  6. Halkesh

Open kolty to everyone for the day of the event.
    Add a message on log ON : that say that koltyr is open for the event and that whoever doesn't respect the event rules will be kicked out of koltyr.
    Guys that use forbidden weapon while on kolyr are instantly redeployed to warpgate.