EU Server Availability

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Marlino

Is it an issue with the actual servers or something affecting the servers (switches/routers, layer 2 stuff)?
    Just curious, odd that all servers are affected unless it was discovered with a recent OS patch or driver update.

**Edit: didn't see last few posts =X
  2. IamDH

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  3. nallar

If you have any characters on US servers, you could log into one of them and buy it there? Skyguard should be account wide.
    • Up x 3
  4. janeTEXAS

My double exp! :(

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  5. Gozzah

Seems like i have completely missed the double xp... When, where, why?
  6. HAXTIME

Minigun. Leaves no rebel or vanu scum intact.
    • Up x 1
  7. Hibbe

When the servers didn't work, the client froze, I thought it was an issue with my game so I uninstalled it, I created a US character on my ****** laptop, but when I try to log in the game CTD's.

I am downloading the game again, which is really quick so hopefully il get back in before the deal ends :)

Thanks for the help!
    Also thanks to the other two guys who said what the members deal was.
  8. Syniix

I have buy a boost while i have after this downtime the same time reamaing or not to play with it and how long while this update take ? becuase i have 3 days holidays and i want to play ps2 -.-
  9. Pootisman

Servers down for 2h now :(
    Why do EU servers always have problems during double XP events? Last time, during the anniversary double XP event, EU servers had massive lag and some crashes too (and we got no compensation for it).
  10. Exonis

Infiltrator got to the server rack, someone send in a MAX, try not to make too much of a mess of things.
    • Up x 1
  11. RyanGUK

aaaaaaaaand we're back!

Just a word to people who are asking for compensation, because there will be a few, if PS2 decide to compensate us for lost time on the game, how do you think us users should compensate the PS2 & SOE staff for taking their New Years Day to bring the servers back up on their day off?

Something to think on. Cheers guys.
  12. Bindlestiff

I just have one thing to say. Petty at a time like this, but infuriating. Please, PLEASE, do not bucket your server issues as "potential" problems. Even if you changed the word "potential" to "reported" or something, that would be an improvement. Mull it over.
  13. Serafine

This reminds me of that mass event on the test server when all the people created their accounts half an hour before the event started and then the test server broke down because it couldn't handle all the tutorial instances.

Wouldn't it be a simple and possible solution to REMOVE the tutorial from character creation, to actually spawn the player at the warpgate and give him the OPTION (via notification or a simple overlay) to absolve the tutorial.
    It is pretty awful anyway that after completing the tutorial (which is a bad joke, regarding the complexity and scale of this game) you are instantly thrown into the biggest fight on the server without any idea what's going on - most people are completely disoriented, get killed after 10 seconds and do not even know how to get back to the warpgate.
  14. BigBooty

This has nothing to do with tutorials whatsoever. Read the above posts.
  15. noMnoM

they are employed because we play their games. smh.
  16. RyanGUK

You've missed my point completely. I aimed that to people asking for compensation. We don't deserve it, because it was out of their control and quite frankly I'd hate to come into work on NYD to sort stuff out and then have users feel they're deserving of compensation.
    • Up x 1
  17. RyanGUK

Given most of them are probably salaried, I doubt they even get overtime pay. It'll be considered as holiday pay, which they'd be getting whether they were there or not.

But I don't work for SOE nor do I have any idea of their payroll. Please feel obligated to correct me on such matters, as you seem to know this.
  18. noMnoM

i can agree with that. that said, the game means a lot to some people. i can understand them asking for something. thats why soe has reps i suppose...
  19. Ix Forres

If you're somebody as big as SOE you have runbooks, plans, people employed 24/7 even across holiday periods to maintain infrastructure.

If it were a network borne attack it would have taken 30 minutes of a competent network ops engineer's time to sort it out.

If it were a hardware issue is should have taken 30 minutes of a competent game server engineer familiar with their systems and failover mechanisms to swap out the spare. That said, I find it hard to believe it was a hardware failure - hardware dies all the time, and there will be mechanisms in place to deal with that rapidly.

One thing is clear - speculation is bad but SOE can expect nothing but speculation unless they post some actual information with detail.
    • Up x 2
  20. RyanGUK

Yeah I get that, sorry for being a bit mardy. Just bugs me when people feel they should get something for nothing, real pet peeve.