EU Miller, SoE Y u NO foster it and EU (and others)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dotz0r, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Dotz0r

Hi guys, was not sure where to put this / say this - i had a wall of text but i lost connection. So ill try to summarise, and yes it will be full of grammar errors. First thread, be gentle. Apologies if this wrong place / already been asked.

(Sorry for the hash few words)

Basically, what are SoE's plans for the EU in regards to events? are we supposed to look to prosibien for content and wait out for something to happen? Because atm all we in the EU see is "empire showdown" which seems one-sided to the NA playerbase - my question is, are there plans in the pipeline for the EU (and even the AUS servers)

For those who don't play on EU miller - we have a great thing going, a strong community - dating back to ps1 and if SoE does not foster it, and the other EU servers then they could pretty much alienate half if not most of their playerbase. (No monies for you Soe :( )

Basically to me, and a few others in the semi-community of Miller, the land of the wernerites and the "second class citizens" of the EU planetside playerbase, even though miller is the biggest server. *imho on miller we don't play planetside - we play queside 2, at least on a saturday night.*

Miller has brought-about many "events" if had they been supported they would have over-shadowed anything this empire showdown could have produced. For those on miller im talking about such events as the saturday 12th jan mass-tr outfit "alliance" against the vanu alliance on miller" and more. (When you have 50+ outfits fighting over quartz ridge, you know you have the "Massive battles" planetside 2 so openly boasts as its main selling point.)

400+ alatum drop pod assaults that crash the server unintentionally - SoE help us achieve more without us crashing! (Use your devhacks! :) j/k) - these epic things are happening but its like the game slaps you in the face saying "no!"

EU is waiting. We are not a minority, please help us help you.

(or atleast i am)

:)

P.S Many thanks to EU miller for sending me down memory lane everyday and killing the same people i used to kill "back in the day".

P.S.S Yes i know its an american developer, time zones, and so forth - but it would be nice to know the EU/AUS and the likes have not be left to stew.

Many thanks, have a nice day.
    • Up x 6
  2. Kapernum

3. MarkAntony

SoE don't give a **** about Europe.
  4. LordMondando

To be honest the reasoning probably comes down to the fact that being the highest pop server and having the most former PS1 outfits on it, they deem miller needs the least attention.

There could be something interesting this weekend, from the whole 'make our own fun' perspective.
  5. ClickMe

So... what's the problem?

95% of the playerbase couldn't give a snake about some youtube attention wh@#1 PR/RP event. I'd rather have actual game improvements, thanks.
  6. Locke

Don't hold your breath for anything much. Almost every MMO that releases from US developers looks for "partners" to run their game over seas and as a result weak customer service, marketing and game support is the result.

That said they (SOE) did do a Friday Night Ops spotlight on an outfit on Ceres so maybe they will do something in the future.
  7. Selerox

It does seem as if SOE doesn't really care about engaging non-US players, which I would guess make up at least half of the playerbase.

We don't want much, but something, anything but would good.
  8. JohnnyMaverik

EU Miller server is the best server, always people on, hell, the couple of times I've been playing at 4am it's never been hard to find a fight, you won't necessarily find it on all conts (usually Esamir) but if you go to the populated cont you'll find it.

Give Miller some love SOE, it's a great example of how PS2 should be. Also merg the low pop servers, high pop = funner game (when you aren't getting podded and libbed of course, but on Miller I can just move server and still find a fight I'll enjoy). I feel sorry for people who have invested in your game and have gotten burned because they happened to pick the wrong server.

Admittedly I care more about getting new features and tightening up design than faction leaders, but it'd be kind of fun to see EU get the same kind of treatment.
  9. Dotz0r

I cannot agree with you more, but what im trying to get at is the apparent (as of so far) lack of planetside 2 promotions in the EU. We all love big battles and so forth, but when most of the servers have low pop some things need to happen to counter it, whether that be a promotional effort or server merges (but thats a whole thread on itself)

You cannot please everyone, fair enough - but i am not sure how it is in the states in regards to how SoE advertise planetside 2, but all i see is the odd website-add which resembles your generic browser-game advert and except for release day adverts on major game sites etc (reviews and so forth) I doubt many people would know about planetside 2. (But im sure thats like that for all games i suppose) -

We all want improvements.
    But we all want a player base to play with.

I suppose in the long-run everyone no matter what server will get the same content etc etc, improvements and bugs this that and the other. But surely SoE engaging the EU/AUS or whoever surely cannot harm? Events should be shared across the servers so everyone gets the love (think ps1 meteorite style things).

I suppose i could sum up everything im trying to get at like this :

instead of :

THIS EPIC THING IS HAPPENING ON THIS SERVER ONLY AT THIS TIME AND DATE!

could be :

Planetside 2 - EPIC EVENT EMPIRE SHOWDOWN(<insert faction based on multi server land-held is winner here>) DOWNLOAD NOW!

Just an example.

*Basically people need to be made aware that epic things / events will happen on other servers - for all you know we could end up with everyone de-populating current servers and going too, for example connery because it has organised events*

:)

ps @lordmondando - but so is connery, who knows had it gone to a low pop server - it could have helped it in the long run
  10. IMTasty

Because liberty and freedom hates Europe.

But /signed, once in a while it would be nice to have some SoE events here just to spice up the competition even more. It's always more fun competing knowing that people are watching, it makes kicking the VS and NC in the crotch all the more enjoyable imo, and I am sure the other sides feel the same about each others, not TR ofc.

I wont lose any sleep over it not happening though, wont change much, would just be a nice surprise. :p
  11. Juggernaut

Personally I would like to see more Server events and so on. we have yet to see SOE/proseven events in Europe, which means SOE are doing nothing as usual in Europe. This is SOE doing nothing as usual as they did in planetside 1 for several years.
  12. Germanius_GER

Don't you know? If you want events you have to migrate to the states.

;)
  13. MrEclectic

Oh, I remember that PR's response...

The irony is, that you can. Download PS2 through Steam, and you can have a SOE instead of a PSG account.

Not a solution for players who have invested in their accounts time and/or money, but for newer players...
  14. MrEclectic

Unfortunately, such events are up to ProSieben to organise. Up to now, they've held a couple of screenshot competitions with a first prize of 1500 SC (woo-hoo! - by the way, that is SevenCash, not StationCash). I don't think that they have the organisation to pull off something bigger. It is up to the community I guess, like the outfit gathering you guys did a week ago (had a blast at Quartz Ridge and Hvar).

On the other hand, perhaps this is a blessing in disguise. From what I've gathered from threads in these forums, the Empire Showdown has destabilised the population balance of the servers where the "leaders" are playing.

We have a good thing going on in Miller.
  15. SarahM

ProSieben has PS2 in Europe? That explains a lot.
  16. Sworaven

I fully agree. SOE is neglecting their playerbase outside of NA.
  17. QuantumMechanic

You guys on Miller are LUCKY to have these problems.

SOE doesn't care about their NA servers either. Of the 3 US West coast servers, one is at LOW *all weekend* and the other two get to MEDIUM at most.
  18. Egonieser

If you wanted FULL and REAL attention to EU players, you should've registered and played with the actual EU side of the game which is THIS (all hosted in Germany and all are EU exclusive).
  19. Sworaven

This might be a bit off topic. I don't follow FNO, so I really have no idea, but how many EU outfits have been showed on there?
  20. Dotz0r

Perhaps, but i know everyone who played beta (like myself and probably the majority of the eu playerbase) will still have SoE accounts and not prosibian or w/e its called. I am EU but i buy and use station cash. - for those who are new players since release you are now with proseibien (sp) but most are still clinging on.

but ill admit - i did not know of this planetside.eu even existed.
    • Up x 1