Esamir Hex

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Cab00se187

The players themselves were incapable of creating their own battles with the hex system. As soon as any resistance was met one side would turn and run. This is not the game style the devs wanted to create. They gave us the open world to tryout and it failed. You can whine and blame the devs for the direction they are going all you want but it's the players who are at fault for causing the hex system to fail.
  2. Jaeger TR player

I 100% buy into that.

And I am saying the counter to that is to give bases worth. If someone wants to fly an ESF and to do so, they need to control base X, then they will attack (and defend) base X. Someone else wants to drive his MBT, they need to control base Y. Those people are going to attack (and defend) base Y. Even against bad odds. They will fight, and plead with other outfits to help defend/attack. There would be a reason to defend and/or attack. There would be epic last stands and/or miraculous comebacks. Instead we have apathy.

The above idea alone would have gone a long way to make Hex work. It is still something that should be in Lattice even if Hex is going to be extinct soon. What I am saying is people blame Hex for OTHER underlying problems that continue to exist with Lattice.

Hex is dying. Fine. But FFS, lets start fixing what was really broken sooner than later, no?
  3. Roxputin

4. NC_agent00kevin

There are better ways to fix the problem; they just take more time and effort. The hex system is not without its flaws either, which is why a few months ago I proposed something that would appease both sides.

Thats my opinion, deal with it.
  5. NC_agent00kevin

What is to stop everyone from leaving now? Does the lattice not allow you to spawn somewhere else on the other side of the map? Is the Warpgate not availiable once you go down a line?

Answers: Nothing, it does, and it is.

The Outfit Im in has taken a turn for the worst in abandoning fights that start to drag out. It actually happens much more now that the Lettuce is in place. I typically roll with 3 or 5 guys in a private squad now and just go Certgrind. the game has lost a lot of its fun; though not all by far. Its still fun to jump in a tank or aircraft and go splatter people. Its still fun to go Infiltrator and sneak around with a silenced SMG and slaughter a half a squad of unaware enemies. But I can achieve this fun in a different upcoming game that wont run like dogschit on my PC: BF4. (theroretically - I know EA hasa bad rep and im not exactly a fan myself)
  6. Rift23

Lies, this game will go on forever.
  7. Chipay

With or without bots? :eek:
  8. Patrician

Well, actually, PS2 was, and is, marketed by SOE on there being massive battles on very large maps.
  9. Patrician

The problem is that the devs thought that battle lines would be formed across a continent, naturally, by the players as they would be defending territory. The trouble is that we didn't do this when the game went live; we fought at bases (both defense and offensively) so battlelines never formed. Hence the Hex system was a failure; it didn't work the way the devs thought it would and did not, generally, provide the "massive" battles that PS2 needs to provide. We, the players, did not behave as planned I'm afraid.