Error 4-503, Tech support fail, need player advice

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MadmanMSU, Mar 11, 2016.

1. MadmanMSU

Long story short, after spending days talking to Daybreak Tech Support and my local ISP tech support, I have discovered that the reason I am getting a 4-503 error every time I run the launchpad (and also why I cannot connect to any daybreak or planetside websites) is that there is a bad "node" between my connection and their servers. Specifically, a node in a Supernap data server, located at :

be771.las-agg7s3-1.supernap.com

Daybreak support (message seen below) has basically stated "the problem isn't big enough for us to care about" and my local ISP has stated "your hardware is fine, we don't know what else to do". The only option I have left that I can think of is to call Supernap.com myself. I was hoping someone else out there might have had a similar problem and would be able to offer advice.

Thanks.

Based on the information you have provided it is indeed very likely that the issue is related to Supernap. The problem, however, is that we don't have any wide spread reports about the issue so it is likely a conflict between your ISP and Supernap/Switchnap itself. The only advice we would be able to give you from this point would be to see if your ISP can determine the exact node at which your connection is failing to authenticate and have your ISP follow up with the node's host in order to determine why a block is occurring. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Regards,

*NAME REDACTED*
    Senior Technical Support Representative
    Daybreak Game Company
  2. PasitheeVS

I had the same Error recently - I was in a loading screen, the game crashed at ~60% and I was logged out.
    After that I could neither log in to the game, nor to the Daybrake web services.
    Then, after a while I could log in, the problem solved itself...
  3. Sepholophoid

"the problem isn't big enough for us to care about" ...
    ?
    !
    !?!
    daybreak wtf, a small issue ignored becomes a larger one, and yes I am currently having the same issue.
  4. Nalothisal

I have the same issue, just barely loaded the patch today too... *sigh* I guess back to warthunder...
  5. Lord_Mogul

Yup happens to mie right now.
    The launcher wont connect....
    Next thing to do before reinstalling would be a complete system restart.
  6. Nalothisal

Let me know how that goes.
  7. ZDarkShadowsZ

Not sure if any of this is related but earlier I received a G29 error. I've not had one of those in a very long time though thought maybe it was my PC until my overseas friend who plays with a much better computer than I had it much worse. First a G29 error, then they had a launchpad error, then the game got to the character screen which then crashed to desktop, then another launchpad error, then the game reached around 60% loading into the game when it once again crashed until about 6-7 tries later they finally got to play.

Not sure what happened but nothing like this happened a couple of days ago when we'd played.
  8. Lord_Mogul

Okay after I checked here in the forums if others have the same issues, I was able to log in without ptoblems so it seems the issue only persisted a few minutes.
  9. ObsidianRus

Same issue happening with me for 2 days. Cannot connect to planetside with launchpad with 4-503 error. It went away for some time and i mamaged to play yesterday and right now i can see this thing happening again.
    Update: Two minutes after this post launchpad succecfully connected. I guess it was afraid of the consequenses. Though the issue is aanoying never the less.
  10. Nate1