Game Error [G29] 6% > 94% > CTD > G29

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Nate1, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Nate1

I have tried it with and without my VPN.
    I have flushed all DNS caches I can find.
    I have reinstalled the game on steam and independent from steam.
    I have followed every troubleshooting guide I can get my hands on.
    Every other daybreak service seems to work.
    Sometimes the launcher won't connect, but it works with a few tries.

Help!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/4accgk/game_error_g29_6_94_ctd_g29/

Edit: G29 is cannot authenticate with login server.
  2. user101

I am going to guess here that you have a PROXY VIRUS (trojan) that some times starts in the back ground and you don't see it and PS2 does and stops you from logging in.

PS2 does not like proxy's of any kind running. Truly PS2 is one of the best virus detectors on line I have ever seen, I am not kidding. This game is so picky about the PC working correct anything running in the back ground kills PS2.

ADWARE will do this also. !

You need a CLEAN PC for PS2 to work correct.
  3. Nate1

FIXED!!! I successfully logged in from a SSH Tunnel via a desktop application, and ever since I have been able to connect WITHOUT the VPN. I don't think the IP address was resolving correctly.
  4. user101

I am glad you fixed it ... I had to look up what an SSH Tunnel was... did not know anything about those, but I realized your on a WAN college system... not good... ! Hope it works out for you.

Don't fell bad if DGB closes the "tunnel"...so to speak... Has happen to several schools over the last 3 years...Don't hack - if you do the tunnel will be closed and for good. Once closed they do not reopen the IP address for any reason. Just remember that.