[BUG] Enough with the friggen rollercoaster ride already

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by StayFrostyGents, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Filatov

Trying to balance everything at once is futile. We need smaller balance updates more often.

There's no way SOE can predict how some of their changes will affect the way other aspects of the game will need to be balance when this many changes are made at once.
    • Up x 2
  2. Inex

You'd rather they put on a big seasonal sale and *then* do a balance pass on everything?

You're right in that the stuff that gets used more tends to get nerfed more. But keep in mind that the stuff that's OP gets used more; whether it's over the top lolpodding, or just a subtle bump in k/d, people will gravitate to the items which they can see themselves performing better with.

That leads to big piles of stats showing that weapon X with options Y is doing Z much better than something else, and needs to be adjusted to ensure things stay as sidegrades instead of overall upgrades.
  3. Hibiki54

I don't want perfect balance. I want Asymmetrical balance were all factions are completely different in terms of everything, but at the same time have the same functionality as what the other factions can do but built around their faction traits and backgrounds.

Planetside 2 is a long way from that. I personally felt that PS2 pre-PU2 was 90% where it should have been with the final 10 percent broken up to a Harasser Balance (nerf), NC Infantry Weapon Balance (Buff, that is) and ZOE nerf.

Instead, we seen a DRASTIC change over the entirety of the game. Harasser's are pretty much useless unless you are TR, a fact I found out when face off against another Harasser team running Vulcans. Infantry play is currently broken with C-4 and mines not working half the time, NC weapons not properly registering hits (problem we had on PTS, which involves ALL NC weapons. NS weapons work fine), and the array of server problems that see people warping, lag spikes and drops in FPS.

This all needs to be addressed.
    • Up x 1
  4. Sebastien

They nerf OP ones, which means you were buying OP weapons.
  5. Spoprockel

Remember that annoying wall of text pop up you didn't even read when you signed up for PS2, but still hit "Agree" to get into the game?

If you'd spent even a few minutes to skim it you'd have found this:

https://www.planetside2.com/eula

TLDR: Stop crying and adapt to the changes.
  6. hansgrosse

Thank you. Somebody gets it.
  7. CNR4806

The Balance Pass 1 thread was posted on 31 Oct and the patch only went live on 17 Dec. That's a whole month and a half, you have no excuse to cert into the Harraser and not be prepared for a nerf.
  8. Unclematos7

I agree. Yes, .75 carbines gave TR an advantage in LA and .75 LMGs gave VS an advantage in HA. But they didn't need to make .75 stuff unADSable. Why not make all carbines .75, all LMGs slow, and all AR somewhere in between? Some of us like forward grips, you know.
    This isn't the first time the weapon balance team has done asinine things. Remember GU08?

They have no idea what the're doing and are just wildly swinging around the nerf bat in an effort to convince us otherwise.

I'm not spending anymore money until we go 5 GUs without a single nerf, then perhaps the game will be stable.
  9. Chipay

You forgot the 2 0.75 NC weapons :p
  10. Unclematos7

VS has the HV-45 and TR has the TAR for .75 ARs NC has 2, but we don't have exclusive access to .75 ARs like TR with carbines and VS with LMGs.:p
  11. Iridar51

Ahh, farmers' tears. Sweet as honey.
  12. Kunavi

And when I say that PS2 feels like it's still in Beta, people laugh at me. No hard feelings, we're not all as perceptive :p
  13. KodiakX

Except in many cases when they show the data, such as with the Jaguar, you can clearly see it is not much better than many other things despite it's usage. Again, only 60 SPM compared to 100+ of many other gun types. If anything that backs up what you say about about a perception of power in an item even if the item isn't powerful. Yet it's still nerfed.

The only logical reason here is that data/stats on actual performance matter less than usage stats. Usage means people aren't using other guns. If they aren't using other guns, then a % of people aren't buying new guns, meaning no revenue.
  14. Jalek

Since the last one was months ago, you would think they would adjust more often. In other SOE games, they do the same, making one class FOTM and another useless until the severe changes are dialed back over 2-3 game updates. That could be a year at the pace here though.