[BUG] Enough with the friggen rollercoaster ride already

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by StayFrostyGents, Dec 17, 2013.

1. StayFrostyGents

Literally this never ending roller coaster of buffs and nerf's has me and a majority of those in my outfit furious and discussing moving on from the never ending ride that this game is. What exactly is the thought process behind some of these knee jerk changes.

This game has one of the highest TTK's in regards to gun play already, why nerf damage/range more?

Are we going to finally have it revealed that all along we we were shooting paintball guns?

[IMG]
    BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT FEELS LIKE.

How about HALVING PROWLER LOCKDOWN. A nice kick in the nuts to anyone who certed that one out.

RIP Harasser! Suckers who got on that train late are going to be in for a treat.!!!

As for the range nerfs............. This is supposed TO BE THE FUTURE. It's bad enough that you have to MAKE EVERY SINGLE thing in the game so role specific it makes you cringe. HOWEVER with some of the new ranges on damage & modifiers it will literally be like BUMPER CARS just trying to get the most damage out of the guns
    (I'M LOOKING AT YOU BATTLE BUMPER BUS)

Why is the answer always nerfs? Whats next The new knife?

[IMG]

Yes, this is a BUG. Something is seriously broken on the end of these patches. Please just stop the roller coaster ride already. I'd love to keep playing and enjoying the game. With each up and down you make it so much harder.
    • Up x 9
  2. Strateuo

Every Weapon I have purchased has been nurfed...Tell me SOE how should I feel about that?
    • Up x 3
  3. Kedyn

The rollercoaster never stops bro. If all you want perfect balance, go play checkers.
  4. Kaktwox

Or just any other video game, no other game is this drastic with its balancing.

SOE has absolutely proven one of two things. They either are incapable of balancing this game or they simply refuse to in an effort to make the most money off new OP weapons.

With every GU this game becomes something different, and not in a good progressive way.
    • Up x 4
  5. Nephera

start purchasing weapons that are garbage to begin with, be pleasantly surprised.
    • Up x 8
  6. Nephera

you shouldnt play mmos, this is very common industry wide.
    • Up x 3
  7. Poorform

dude black pieces are totally OP because stealth at night
    • Up x 12
  8. Astriania

Like Enforcer ModifiedC85 Canister.
  9. Kanil

Checkers buffed the Flashlight into a Table Lamp, making it viable and preventing black from being OP at night.
    • Up x 1
  10. Zombekas

On the other hand, this brightens up gameplay from monotony. Which is definitely a thing in PS2 to be honest.
  11. HadesR

Maybe if they didn't release OP **** it wouldn't need nerfing at a later date :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  12. Villanuk

I think we all agree there were things that needed changing, IE, Eng mana Turret but the volume of nerfs they have done this time I think is unwarranted, pathetic and will do nothing for the game or any faction. Apart from a few major gripes, most things were quite well balanced, well as your going to get but nerfing a whole host aspects of the game is just mind blowing, more so when people spend money getting these items and putting certs into them.

They look at stats and base nerfs on that and of course the nerfside2 forum, who crys the most, wins the nerf.

If the game plays as bad as it may appear with this nerf update then I will cancel my membership and move on from ps2 as its moved away from the game it once was and which I enjoyed and this could make the game less enjoyable.
  13. Kedyn

These changes are big, but they're not as big as some MMO game changes in the past. You can't blame it all on SOE.

However, it IS their fault that they didn't make these changes over the past three months. They should have kept making balance changes while working on performance.
    • Up x 3
  14. PurpleOtter

I have come to the conclusion that the common pool NS weapons are the least #$@&%! with when it comes to SOE's buff/nerf cycles.
  15. WTSherman

Lockdown still reduces a Prowler's reload speed to less than 1 second, you just have to lead your target a bit more. Since the Prowler already has the highest damage per mag of any tank, that gives you ludicrous DPS potential.

Though honestly I wouldn't mind tank projectile speeds being buffed across the board, even Vanguard AP is ludicrously slow. Hovering lolpodders would complain even more if the Vanguard and Magrider started sniping them too though.

Seriously, the Vanguard only has 25 degrees of vertical elevation and the Prowler/Magrider have 30... if you don't want to get popped by tanks just fly higher. >_>

The vast majority of the nerfs in the previous patch seem to be aimed at reducing the range of both vehicle and anti-vehicle weapons across the board. The Prowler just happened to get hit hard on that front, because lockdown gave it the longest range potential out of any of the tanks (regardless of what they might have said about its AA capability).

I wouldn't be surprised if in the near future, we see a reduction in vehicle render distance for "performance".
  16. Inex

That chasing FOTM is bad for your bank account?
    • Up x 4
  17. Squibo

My favorite flavor was Jokehammer.
    LOOK AT ME NOW, I AM A GOD.
  18. MasonSTL

That's why I always pick red and play color blind people ;)
  19. KodiakX

I hate to be one of those tin-foil hat dudes but all their nerfs/buffs follow a very simple cycle.

If it's used, it gets nerfed.
    If it doesn't, it get buffed.

They've repeated this process numerous times. For example prior to ZOE being released, VS MAXes were the least pulled but already the top performing MAX unit in the game. They release ZOE, despite everyone in the test at that time saying how wildly over the top it was, and we see everyone start pulling one. All I could think of was how many VS MAX weapons they sold via SC.

Worse, it follows no statistical sense. Jaguar for example had one of the worst SPM with it (only 60 where others were topping out over 100) despite it being so widely used and it took a dive. Now all those people who were using it, regardless of FOTM, now have to get a new weapon. A certain % of those will buy it with Station Cash.

While not strictly a clear case of pay-2-win it's more a muddier case of nerfing what's popular to drive people into other options knowing a percentage of people will switch using RL money. Developing this way is very easy to muddy the picture further by stating the popular things are too popular and making the other options ineffective even if that's not the real intent behind it.

Now here we have a whole slew of balance changes affecting almost every single weapon type.

Did they mention there's a sale coming up?
    • Up x 3
  20. Nephera

Ok maybe not always.