Enough is Enough! How much $ have you dumped into this "F2P" game that isn't playable?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fed up, Jan 24, 2013.

1. crissHill

To me, it seems that you're more upset than I am
  2. PsyStorm

Thanks for that but I was afraid to lose all shadows as you can see planes overhead and people sneaking around sometimes. Is this worth giving up in your opinion?
  3. PsyStorm

I fly alot so was wondeing how this setting works for longer distance scanning?
  4. raw

I can attest to that. Is there a specific reason the C2D are so slow?
  5. Deschain

I've never seen a shadow correctly emulate the vehicle yet in Planetside2, or a player for that matter.
  6. -Crotalus-

I love this game, I've been playing it (not counting beta) for about a week now, I've spent around $200 in that week, and I regret it immensely .....

The client crashes all the time, for no apparant reason, while doing pretty much ANYTHING

(And I agree with what someone else said, I dont know how Veratu has only had 2 crashes, .........can I get your computer that's only ever had 2 crashes that were your fault plz? I feel like I've put around $200 down towards it indirectly through wasting it on SC that I can't really use/enjoy because the damn thing crashes all the time)
  7. BenYeeHua

I think this don't affect for flying much, as it don't show high quality model for building and player.
    But you can set as 2000 as you are flying.

And nope, it only affect how big the world you can see, but not the player/aircraft/tanks.
  8. powerz

dangle a carrot..... there's always enough ********* trying to take a bite for a few weeks...... regardless of how terrible the end result is.

It took me about $100 with the game to realize no matter how much money i dump into it wont fix the serious core issues of this piss poor game......cash grab is the new way to develop games......you better get used to it because it's only getting worse.

FYI......I havent played a game since December 21st
  9. mindbomb

i played this on multiple computers for several hours on end and never crashed. If you're assuming this game just naturally crashes, you gotta reconsider. I used to have that problem where like your whole squad would crash, but then they fixed that with a patch awhile back.

I think veratu is understating the performance problems though. With a core i7 or i5, you can get ~40 fps min, but is that really good? Most ppl consider 60 fps to be the standard for really smooth gameplay in a multiplayer fps game. I don't think that is really possible with any processor on the market today without some heavy overclocking. I don't even think Luperza's 5ghz 3770k can actually manage a solid 60 fps.

I think the jan 30 patch might fix that, but i dont think you can say performance is good atm.
  10. GunghoBoda

"cuz im one of those people who use skill, not cash to win my battles"
    LMAO, ummm thats not skill it called patience, when was the last time you heard of someone grinding out a couple of weeks to get a weapon skill?? To me that would be time and patience, dont you think...
  11. BenYeeHua

Ya, we need performance and stable, as you are killing people, the whole world is flashing and it freeze, it also crash in the middle of the fight etc...
    And I always crash when I facing the world flashing.
  12. pucwyczes

I'm waiting for 30th patch, if they do something else because someone cried on forums I'll just play other games.
  13. Inzababa

did you try with an AMD graphics card? ;)

no, seriously, did you?
  14. -Crotalus-

Its not just AMD cards, I'm using an Nvidia card and it happens to me also.

And thats the part that annoys me is there are so many people saying "its not the game" - yet there are so many people with such a wide range of systems saying the game crashes for no apparant reason.

WAY before I blamed something with PS2, I updated every single driver I could, I switched from Steam version to Standalone thinking Steam could be causing an issue, I switched out my router/modem , I turned off firewall and antivirus, I've gone above and beyond trying to troubleshoot this as a "my hardware issue" but this still remains to be the only MMO (or game frankly) that I'm playing on this system that crashes all the time.....

And in beta I never once had this happen to me. So don't start pointing the finger at the players where you can go on Google and search "Planetside 2 crashing for no reason" or some other variant of that phrase and find PLEEEENTY of people and posts that are having the client crash and can't fix it from happening no matter what they try........

I'm not "angry" at Veratu or any other Dev, I am mad that he acts like this is some crazy new issue and is so mystified he wants the OP's system specs so they can look into this sudden new experience, because there are literally hundreds of people having this problem, most of whom I'm guessing have probably gotten to the point I'm nearing where it just gets too frustrating to reboot PS2 every half hour / hour or so.
  15. -Crotalus-

And to the Devs..........DUST 514 is in open beta now, I've always been an Xbox guy, but I've already blown the price of a PS3 on station cash in this game, and DUST supports Keyboard and Mouse........

While DUST wont be Planetside, nor the nostalgia effect as I played PS1 for years, I have no doubt it will be more stable as CCP's reputation for quality of product and post launch bug hunting ----> TO ME <----- has always been very solid.

So while I appreciate you Devs saying "we know there are issues, we are on it" you might want to start thinking about how many people are going to stop waiting for you in the near future.
  16. Inzababa

well I'm not having crashing problems or glitch or flickering problems at all.

I disconnect from time to time for no apparent reason but appart from that, my only problem (and it's a game breaking one for me) is FPS.

I can't fght in large battles because my FPS gets so low it's really unplayable, from 10-20 usually...

and I got I7 as well (860 @2.6GHz), and AMD 5800 which isn't brand new but was one of the better cards not so long ago.
  17. Atum

I think more than anything PS2 is a investment, you pay for something you enjoy, eventually you will gain the time and enjoyment from what you have paid, patience is a virtue.
  18. The King

I poured $9000 into it.
  19. Primarkka

I bought SOE.
    • Up x 2
  20. The King

Only crashed 2x in 1 month.
    Both times due to the flickering, but that was around the 8th and the 14th of this month.

Slowness, not feeling it.

Bought a laptop that I was going to buy. Able to play with no problems at all, hours at a time. By hours, I mean many hours.

So how much did I spend? I bought $30 worth of SC. And gave away $30 worth.
    Very playable and very fun for me.

Windows 8
    i7
    AMD video card.
    16 gig RAM
    Projector
    7200 RPM HDD
    Shadows enabled (cuz seriously, how can you spend so much and have shadows off? lol)
    Ultra on graphics and textures.

no problemo here

If you could comprehend what he stated, he said his PC was well capable of running this game because since he is a computer gamer, he keeps his rig updated. Does it mean all computer gamers do that? No. He's stating a fact, since he is one, he likes to keep his rig up on par on running pretty much all games he wants to play.