Enough is Enough! How much $ have you dumped into this "F2P" game that isn't playable?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fed up, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Fed up

You know, I've about had it with SOE. I've been there since day 1 of Everquest, 13+ years ago, have dumped 1,000 of thousands of dollars into multiple accounts and who knows how much time... I'm sure I could have gotten a few doctor degrees.. at any rate, I'm curious of how much you have spent into this latest endeavor of this "free to play" game. I personally have spent $700 for a new i7, motherboard, 16gb ram and a 2gb gpu, purchased the 6 month membership for what, 71.94? $290.00+ in Station Cash (stopped adding it up after i puked thinking about it), or should it be called Smedley Cash... so I've been fooled by a company that offers this free to play game, for at least $1,061.94, one that i still can't play because of lag, twitching, flickering, crashing, overrun by hackers, aimbotters and a few 100 other problems that you are also experiencing... it makes me sick, is it time for a lawsuit? Let me know how much you have spent, and in a few days we'll add the numbers up.
    • Up x 1
  2. sagolsun

[IMG]

Yes, PS2 is an unpolished turd of a game, a buggy and incomplete beta shamelessly shoved right out the door at the very second it was ready to be monetized.

Still, I'll take that over EA or Activision/Blizzard any day of the week.

As per your lolsuit I'm sure the EULA has "absolutely no warranty" plastered right over it. You wouldn't get anywhere and neither should you.
    • Up x 6
  3. Fed up

The question is how much have you dumped into this game? Unpolished or not, they offer memberships, cash "sidegrades" for a game that doesn't work and are fooling, myself included, 1,000's of people. Shame on them...
  4. sagolsun

The release was obviously rushed, but it will get better in time. Ever heard of kickstarter? It's kind of like that with PS2. It'll be a long while before the game turns a profit though, it still needs a LOAD of work.
  5. cannibalfood

dude, i got a 25 dollar SC card for myself and an NX card for my wife {she tears it up on Combat Arms} after christmas and i do damn fine, yeah after the hotfix on the 12th of january i get a butt-load less FPS, but this game runs half way decent on my rig
  6. TribbleFluffer

How much?
    hmm....

howabout..............

NOTHING! OH YEAH!!! :cool:

cuz im one of those people who use skill, not cash to win my battles.
    • Up x 6
  7. Kookamunga

This game is a freakin blast. Just relax and try and enjoy the ride.
    • Up x 2
  8. Gadamlu

hmm...about 40$ so far, will put another 20$ into it by the 30th or the 1st of Feb, depending on the patch

the weapons do not win the battle, it is always skill.

just look at Vietnam.

the US military got their **** handed to them by the guerrilla fighters who had very little in comparison.
  9. Juanfro

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  10. ohmikkie

Why on earth did you feel it necessary to spend all that money (excluding the rig cost - you would have got it anyway) on a game in the first place?
  11. LittleMercian

I dumped loads of money into it, mostly for camo, helmets, silly logos, some weapons, etc etc. I think in total it may well be within the region of £50 since release ($78 or 59 Euros).

Personal skill does not win a game involving thousands of players in an overall campaign, nor does it matter, it may help you in a skirmish, or increase your survival time in a battle, but in the long run in means FA. This isn't a KDR game. And given how stupidly long it takes to get a decent amount of certs without being a cheater, just makes 'skill' pointless. Just need to be at a successful base capture or literally throwing yourself Red army style at the enemy (which lets be fair, in my case, TR does anyway) spraying bullets everywhere hoping you get a few kills and hey presto - a few measly certs for a ridiculously cert priced gun that will be bloody limited in its uses anyway.

Ironically for these against the monetization of this game, if we didn't have people like me spending money on it PS2 would not exist! No money, means staff aren't getting paid to maintain the game, i.e no staff, and there will also be no expansions, no add-ons etc. So you owe the very continuation of this game to the 10% willing to open their wallets.
    • Up x 3
  12. RWJP

Ehh no...

Your argument is invalid... You haven't spent over $1000 on this game, because the $700 you spent on a new PC will be used for many other things as well. That cost does NOT count towards your expenditure on PlanetSide 2... I mean hey, you used your new PC to post this, so there's at least one more use for your PC already!

And no one forced you to spend any money on this game. You didn't have to buy station cash, or the premium membership. You wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court, because SOE's lawyers would just say "Hey, the microtransactions are entirely optional, no one is forced to pay anything to play this game"
    • Up x 3
  13. Machine Spirit

my new PC cost me 4k euro's.. **** YOU SOE GIMME MAH MONEH lol I kid.
    • Up x 2
  14. Curse_Gamerkin

I gave them my money so they can make the game better >_> i like it now.. but i want it to get better and now that they have made money im sure it will.
  15. TomaHawk

lol @ pic

and...

wait a second, don't discourage this guy from litigation. According to this post, he's spent at least $1,000,000 on games, probably more given his writing, and I'd like to see him take SOE to court! Anyone with THAT much money lying around DESERVES TO SUE EVERYONE.
    • Up x 2
  16. TheAppl3

So you've spent like $360 directly on the game. Sorry to hear that. Wish you would have realized how much you hated it earlier and maybe paid for my A+ certification exams instead :p

I've spent $65 on the game. $40 for Alpha Squad, $25 when they did the triple SC thing. I find it beyond hilarious when the people rage about having spent so much money on F2P games.

All I see is "I have far too much disposable income and fling it everywhere then rage when the game is not perfect for me." If you lag with an i7, 16GB RAM and a non-terrible 2GB video card, you've clearly done something wrong as OH HEY that's what I have and I don't lag. Not enough to care anyway.
  17. SnakeTheFroski

So you put $1,000,000+ into a video game? I imagine your second 1000 was redundant, but still. Makes you look sorta exaggerating.

For $1,000,000? Yeah, sure. For $1000? Yeah right. You have no idea how expensive that is. Again, exaggeration isn't doing you any good.
  18. SnakeTheFroski

For the record, the US didn't lose a single land engagement of the Vietnam war and the casualties were disproportionately among the VC. The war was lost because of politics and the flawed idea that you could bring freedom to other countries through high caliber weaponry.
  19. ChampagneDragon

I put ZERO into this game. I was in beta, felt it wasn't near ready for release, and decided until I felt it was stable and had enough metagame to keep my interest it wasn't worth putting money into.

This last "patch" proves it even more. I can't see ****. Rendering is almost nil. I MAY see the enemy if they're 5 ft from me, but more often than not I see them when they start shooting.

I'll keep playing... although less and less lately. IF the game ever achieves the stability one would expect from a game that has bought about a dozen awards then I'll drop some money. Until then. NO.
  20. Thornton14

Hahahha you spent 290 dollars on station cash aha hahahhaa. Sounds like you have a problem with spending. But hey at least your wasting
    Your cash on planetside and not like crystal meth or something.