Enough is enough! annihilators from beyond render!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goodkat, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Shotgunjoe

You are either being purposely daft or just dont play enough. Ask anyone from any faction on Mattherson , where we regularly have well over 500 people in one hex, about Infantry not being rendered until they are almost on top of you. It happens to me every single night, with last night being no exception.

Again though, this issue needs to be fixed but effects EVERYONE (thats all factions), so how would it be an exploit when it is merely a symptom of having too many people in the same area? Am I exploiting by fighting in big battles now, is that your angle or logic?
  2. Naturaliensammler

You are producing an unbalancing effect of the engine on purpose. Don't tell me that you did load so many infantry onto those rocks by accident. You went there knowing that you can shoot further than anybody could ever see you. And with 15+ HA with annihilators that means instakill on anything without it having any chance of survival.
    You went there with the clear intention to abuse that shortcoming of the engine.

And infantry still cannot shoot infantry until each can see the other. So stop that.
  3. Shotgunjoe

You must like making assumptions and speaking from your posterior, but The Enclave has been going to enemy warpgates and blockading them for awhile, as in several months. We run ops every night during the week with an average of 100 or so people. Last night, we were bouncing all over the SE region and wound up at several points around the VS warpgate. It called *drum rolls* PLAYING THE GAME!

You are also very wrong , Infantry can shoot without seeing each other. Watch the Enclave stream tonight and see for yourself, and stop calling people exploiters when they are just playing the game the way it is designed to be played.
  4. Naturaliensammler

Infantry has the same threat level to each other. So the rendering range is the same.

I would like to see some proof that this is possible.
  5. TriumphOfMan

We're outside the Vanu warpgate, where an entire faction is going to muster their counter attack. What do you think we're supposed to do? Defend each base with no more than 1 Platoon so you may easily break through our lines?

Cry more. Either take the South road away from our position or get the **** out of your tanks and fight on foot. Use some mass Galaxy drops, if you're even capable of using a Galaxy.

Considering the Vanu have never tried attacking us like that I think it's a legitimate point to raise.
  6. orthus2

I am not gonna argue against using the terrain to gain advantage over the warpgate, but deliberately grouping together in a big mass to force the render distance down is exploiting.
  7. Draxo

Hey guys, stop complaining about Liberators. Counter with air!
  8. myzzo

Right here you are saying that TE is not exploiting. Because we (belive it or not) DO NOT gather up in big masses to force the render distance down. We acknowledge the fact that the render distance may work in our advantage, but we do not rely on it or deliberately use it in combat.
    Now, of course the omniscient beings that are the forum dwellers claim and will keep on claiming otherwise. Proof is hard to come by in this matter, but please feel free to check out buzz's channel at twitch.tv/buzzcutpsycho during prime time and see if he orders us to group up to force the render distance down.

On a further notice, we usually have max. 1-2 squads on top of each cliff. Considering the distance between the warpgate and the cliffs, I'd say the non-rendering of infantry is largely due to the distance, not the size of the force. Naturally there have been special cases where we have focused our strength on a single cliff, like the galaxy crash fest the other day. What I'm going at here is: wouldn't it be more logical for us to always have 1-2 platoons on a single cliff, if we wanted to force the rendering down? Use your brains people!

Lastly, we should all think about the cause of this problem in the first place. If we were able to kick Vanu off the continent, there would be no need to keep them warpgated like that.

Draxo, son, it seems like you are lost. Go away with your almost funny jokes that doesn't even try to make a reasonable point.
  9. orthus2

I don't know what happened or how TE plays out side of their gal drops, so i'm not gonna assume they were abusing the system to get an advantage. now the placement of the SE warpgate, in relation to the terrain is not a very good one, and that discussion has most likely been had before.