Enough is enough! annihilators from beyond render!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goodkat, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Goodkat

Enclave on TR right now is abusing this ******** exploit to completely lock down VS warpgate from clifftops. We have invisible and invincible infantry by the droves (enough to drive the render distance way down) just insta-gibbing any vehicle. Forget tanks. These things are unkillable. The are invincible! You cannot hurt what you cannot see. What happened to threat-based render?
    • Up x 18
  2. Richard [PG]

True.... rockets are too often invisible. I have no idea where one is coming from.....
    • Up x 4
  3. ShadWulf

In before badbadbadbadbad.
  4. warmachine1

Rockets need to be carried separately from player, so they render even when infantry dont!
    • Up x 2
  5. Goodkat

More that that. Infantry that lock vehicles need to have same render distance as vehicles.
    • Up x 4
  6. Tasogie

here we go, ramping up the doom an gloom posts, making them more an more extreme, lol called it.
  7. Goodkat

You cannot get more extreme than completely invisible and invincible.
    • Up x 4
  8. codad57

Use tactics, its balanced. I mean its just a continuous down hill fight out of that warpgate, ******* easy mode.
  9. QuantumMechanic

I agree that vehicles shouldn't render farther away than infantry do. There's too many situations where the only enemies you can see are tanks. So what else are you going to do but shoot at them?
    • Up x 3
  10. Tasogie

So you dont have the ability to take infs out an kill them ?
  11. xMihr

The person may be dramatic but they're not exactly being outlandish, it is fairly common to be locked on and hit by infantry that you cannot see or damage with no telltale sign of where they are other than the poor in game hit radar.

I'm all for infantry being able to protect themselves but I would classify it as bad design to ever be invisible from the target you're damaging.
    • Up x 6
  12. Goodkat

They are perched on the cliff sides. How is that downhill?
  13. Goodkat

They have superior numbers and our force multipliers are the turrets and vehicles that get instantly shot by 8-12 (no exaggeration at all) invincible rocket infantry.
    • Up x 2
  14. MurderBunneh

The Eunuchs got tired of getting smashed by the NC and decided to find some easier game. Not surprising.
  15. Bubb

Completely agree. This was happening to me from the Crown and half the time I get "hidden", they are still pummelling(sp?) me with those damn things even after Lock is broken.

Bub
    • Up x 2
  16. DJPenguin

the broken lock on indicators don't help
    • Up x 1
  17. Cinnaboog

Why can't an infiltrator fire while cloaked? If they intended infantry to be able to fire while invisible due to render distance, then why can't infiltrators fire while cloaked? It is basically the same concept on a larger scale.

If I don't have a great gaming computer, I should be able to turn down some "eye candy" to be able to set my render distance far enough to see any enemy within my field of view.

What we basically have now is a graphics engine creating a situation, that already is blocked by game mechanics. Cloakers can't fire cloaked, but if you are far enough away, you can shoot people while invisible to them. A simple solution would be to lock the max range of the lock on weapons, to that allowed by the current render distance.
    • Up x 2
  18. Ripshaft

Maybe orbital strikes ignore render, and are a method to deal with these? Just a thought I had when reading this.

Well actually initially I had this picture of a coder reading this and extreme face to desk/monitor.... but after that.
  19. Goodkat

I do not know if that would be simple code wise, but it makes excellent logical sense.
  20. VSDerp

good strategy for the enclave but i dont see how it's a exploit.learn to fight back making a topic won't help any.get back on the battlefield soldier!!!!!!