Engineer improvements from a real life combat engineer.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Faelan Caimbeul, Feb 2, 2013.

1. GImofoJoe

Basically sums up.. buff mana turret, add AV and AA turret. 10m detection mines, high resource cost but unlimited mines. Add deploy-able shield to use as bunker.
    [IMG]
  2. ManneredSnake

Real- life combat engineer here as well. This class needs more cowbell. I can count the number of vehicles I have fixed in real life on zero hands- as far as blowing **** up- I've blown up more **** than I would care to count. I say I should be able to ditch the repair tool and the ammo and the turret if I see fit to carry more mines or whatever suits my fancy at the moment.
  3. EngiNC

Interesting topic: but i think that Mafiakocia is right on two points: the way the producers see the engineer (as support class instead of it real role) and the fact that they have to maintain the game balance (it would more easier to rename the entire class in "Support soldier").
    Mana turret: as NC I use it more for the shield (the lower part give good cover while repairing a Max or waiting for the shield to recharge), so having it replaced by a little force shield barricade sound very useful to me.
    Minefield and Tank obstacle: the idea is REALLY good, but I give it to any engineer in game would be a mess, since these "tools" should be use with wise. Instead i think that they should be given to outfit leaders, that will access to this "features" on the base of how many people of the outfit are on line in that moment (example: 10 people=tank obstacle, 20 people=minefield, 30 people=bunker and so on). The resources cost will be divide between all the outfit soldiers on line in that moment.
  4. wingspan

I thought the MANA turret WAS the tank obstacle. Stops a tank at 50 kph in its tracks. Once, anyway.
    • Up x 1
  5. Xocolatl

See my sig.

Mana turret is good for a lot of things, just not kills. I set up my nest once against an onslaught of incoming soldiers. Most of them just ignore me. I tried my best to aim and create suppressive fire for my own team, but alas..I did hit a lot of people..I just didn't cause enough damage for them to care.
    A little while into the fight, our heavy armor happened to drop by and mopped up in seconds...

The thing is, I don't care if Mana turret is unable to kill anything--I just want it to be enough threat to deter people from an area.