Enforcer projectile drop.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by entity009, Sep 7, 2016.

1. entity009

I have spent a fair amount of time gunning all 3 variants of the long range anti vehicle weaponry. In VR testing yields that the weapons do similar damage. The one major difference is that the suaron and gatekeeper both feature rapid fire and no bullet drop where the enforcer fires a slower moving, slower firing projectile with substantial drop.

When my gf jumps in my gunner seat she nails almost every shot with the TR and VS weapons yet misses 3/5 shots with the enforcer. It is manageable at close range but against a moving target at more than midrange its almost impossible to consistently hit with.

Yeah you can say we just need to practice with it and get better but how is that balanced to have such a higher learning curve on just one empires long range weaponry. You cant count on a super pro player jumping into your gunners seat every time and as such the other empires have a huge advantage in this weaponry category.

The projectile drop needs to be removed from this weapon so that it has a similar learning curve (none) to the other 2 empire variants.
    • Up x 6
  2. LaughingDead

But but but, reload mechanic!.....
    Ok nvm. A lot of tank players agree that NC tanks simply don't have range extreme range or even speed to do well in field fights, a lot of the enforcer combat is just firing mini tank shells, predicting exactly where you can hit the tank right at x moment when he dives into cover. Gatekeeper has range, saron has burst, enforcer...has drop...
  3. entity009

The reload mechanic brings the overall dps up to compete with the other to. That dps is useless on a weapon that is 5x harder to reliably hit with. More like: Gate keeper has range, nodrop and fast projectiles. Sauron has range, nodrop and fast projectiles. Enforcer has terrible drop, slow projectile, low firerate and the same dps as both others.
  4. JobiWan

The GK does have bullet drop. Admittedly not too much but it was introduced because of all the 'nerf the OP GK' cry-babies.
    • Up x 1
  5. entity009

I don't mind the GK at all. It just frustrates me that the NC equivalent is so much harder to hit with. If they added that drop to "nerf" the GK it was a pretty pathetic attempt because the drop is barely noticeable inside 500m. I spent about an hour gunning the GK earlier today and every thing I fired at I hit with no adjustment or guessing. With the enforcer you have to guess the elevation needed for the first shot, wait for it to hit then say hmmmm I guess ill aim this much higher. Meanwhile, the prowler or magrider you are shooting at has had its secondary gunner landing every single shot on you.
    • Up x 1
  6. Lemposs

Aren't the Saron and Enforce both 300 m/s muzzle velocity?
    • Up x 1
  7. AZAN

The stats for the enforcer and saron seem to be tracking quite close to each other on the oracle of death.
  8. entity009

The enforcer has a steep learning curve due to its slow fire rate and drop. The fact that the NC have learned to use it anyway does not negate the fact that it is MUCH harder to use than either of the other empire variants.
    Why would only one of the three feature any significant drop when they all do around the same dps?

I was wrong about the saron it is 300m/s same as enf. GK is 450m/s
  9. rahte

As an devoted TR and VS player I have to say that Enforcer is completly perfectly balanced. It is perfectly safe for TR and VS that NC use that weapon.

I have to admit that it is not the bullet drop, low projectile velocity and lowest DPS that makes this weapon useless. It is supperior tactics of TR and VS and low NC aiming skill. If You havent noticed every player who swich to NC looses his aiming and tactical abilities. It is not the matter that the weapon is useless, it is foult of that player.

In Daybreake work wonderful people who work every day very hard so every single TR and VS player felt safe, secured and not oppressed by NC weaponry.....and because Planetside2 lost circa 50% of players within last year, they will soon do it for free. Aren't They wonderfull? I believe that there is a single one good soul in Daybrake, that will never let TR and VS unsecured.

I am sure that even if they will buff bullet drop in Enforcer, they will add spread so high, that this weapon will be still safe to use by NC.
  10. Eternaloptimist

Thread worth reading just to see confirmation that there is a faction equivalent to the GK after all.
  11. DarkPLanet

BTW the gatekeeper got recoil too (atleast when youre driving a harasser...
  12. Daigons

It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to adjust your play style to learn how to use the Enforcer. Definitely a L2P issue than a cry to the Devs.
  13. Lemposs

I also have to note that the Vanguard is the most resilient of the three MBTs, and having their top gun be at the same skill level as both VS and TR (VS still can't full auto the Saron at long range), would leave the Vanguard pretty much the top dog in both long and close range, only challenged by a pre lockdowned Prowler or a preemtive attack from behind.
    If Magriders pilots feel under powered right now, this would be even a harder kick in the balls, since they don't really have a upper hand anymore be it a standard push or roaming. Prowlers would still be able to compete, but it would be a far closer fight than it is right now.
  14. Pat22

Only a fool would think the GK and Saron are comparable.
    The GK has greater velocity and the capacity to apply its full DPS at any range, whereas the Saron's DPS are cut at least in half past a couple hundred meters.

The CoF is just as annoying to deal with on the Saron as the drop is to deal with on the Enforcer. Sure, if you take the time to let it reset, you'll probably be hitting a greater percentage of your shots than the Enforcer, but you'll be dealing less DPS anyways.
    • Up x 1
  15. guerrillaman

TR and VS harassers are ez mode.
    • Up x 4
  16. Jake the Dog

OoooOOOooohh a tank discussion... Where to start...
  17. Jake the Dog

No it really doesn't.

Enforcer DPS: 500 over the first 8s. FYI tank engagements will typically last 8s.
    GK dps: 453
    Saron dps <~100m: 460
    Saron dps >~100m: 276

Maybe you want to complain about how the magrider has a higher learning curve because it doesn't follow conventional tanking standards.

Have you ever: arced shots over obstacles to nail enemy armor that is otherwise unable to hit you with primary or secondary weapons? I have. The enforcer takes a bit of skill to use but it pays its user back with a very solid dps, and the ability to offer a quick finisher if the enemy's hurt in the middle of a reload.

Still most high skilled tankers and gunners prefer the halberd on all tanks. Its more reliable, and has a solid alpha as well as the ability to ohk infantry.

If you have any tank questions send them to me.
    • Up x 1
  18. rahte

Sorry to tell You but everything in Your post is missinformation.

Clearly You havent use Enforcer, and in my opinion You do not want it to be buffed to be equal to VS and TR counterparts.
    • Up x 1
  19. Jake the Dog

lol, tell me:
    ROF for the enforcer
    Damage for the enforcer
    Once again most tank engagements where everyone's is hitting eachother will last 8s. that is how much ammo the enforcer has.

Then calculate dps for the GK and the Saron.
    Saron keep in mind takes ~1.2s for a full mag dump @276dmg a shot. At greater ranges a mag dump is downright stupid, as you will more than likely hit only 1 or 2 shots. It is better to burst fire it or tap every second or so. Add reload speed to the 1.2s. take damage and multiply by 6. divide the damage by the time and you will have the dps.

The Gk has long sustained fire so you don't really need to factor in reload speed. So just figure it. I'm not going to tell you how to math, that was up to your country's educational system.

When all is said and done post the dps.

I have used the enforcer quite a lot and when I pull a vanguard you can bet thats on top.

I'm also willing to bet I've spent A HELL LOTTA more time in tanks than you.

And frankly I don't gaf if they buff the enforcer. Its already very viable and pinpoint accurate if you know what you're doing (no bloom or cof which the other two have).
  20. LaughingDead

I'd also have to note, prowler is the highest dps of all the tanks.
    A 5% more front armor and 5-10% more side armor does not justify a class of weapon being bad. There is absolutely no penalty to prowlers having high dps and are the fastest tank, maggys climb cliffs and walls like friggin spiderman, or at least a professional mountain hiker. A tank with mobility is not something to scoff at; yet a slightly heavier tank is a slow moving duck in this game. Trading mobility and speed for 1-2 rockets to the front is a terrible tradeoff. Vanguards simply die in an open field fight, tanks are better in an open area since infantry can easily gank a tank while using the high ground.
    How exactly do I defend myself from a tank that I can't hit? I don't be there, vanguard cannot just sit there and tank shots all day, the durability is moot when it comes to any damage is good enough.