[Emerald] Why does SSGO, DA and AC tk so much?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ajma, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Cyanstorm

This thread made me laugh aloud a few times, I am still chuckling as I write this, it's got all the right elements for a very entertaining thread; whining aplenty, very enlarged egos mashing down on the poor bastards they consider their inferiors in the game, accusations back and forth, holier than thou attitude sprinkled liberally, and my favorite! The fellas who write ps2 dissertations on why they are right , and the other guy is wrong lol... It's all good stuff though, until we get the thin skinned fella who resents being made fun of in some forum.

As for tking I don't give nor expect apologies, **** happens in the game, you can either let it go or be a whiny retaliating ***** about it.
    • Up x 2
  2. Cyanstorm

Lol
  3. Crowne

I'd be very skeptical of anyone telling you this. It sounds like saying Windows is always secure right after patch Tuesday. Would be nice!

Disclaimer: I don't have a degree in Computer Science. However, I did have a cat scan recently so you can rest assured, brain still present and attached.

I'd be willing to wager social status being a pretty powerful motivator too. I can really only afford to wager certs though.
    • Up x 1
  4. Yuukikun

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about and it's quite hilarious. You also seem to have no idea how virus are different from hacks. That is quite sad and i think there was a mistake in your scan because you clearly have less than half a brain if you mean what you just wrote.
  5. Crowne

I think what some would find unreasonable is
    1) The dataset you're using to quantify experience needed is too... linear? Constrained? Something of the sort.

2) Too readily dismissive of those outside the dataset. Nevermind the rudeness of it on a public forum, the part that gets me is the number of people who have made phenomenal contributions despite not being a "recognized" member of the field.

Requiring accolades before being heard just smacks of fuddy duddies in their ivory tower preferring to dismiss what threatens their position not based on the merit of what is said, but rather on social acceptance of their "important" position.

There's always those in the ivory tower who would rather scoff "pfft, the dude's just a plumber," when their main issue is what they perceived as a "lowly" plumber just solved their bloody equation.
    • Up x 1
  6. Crowne

so aggressive...
    Sorry I've been so upsetting for you, nothing in what I said was meant as an insult so you'll forgive me if I just let your aggression roll right on by.

In any case, enlighten me then. Their patches are non-specific and break all hacks in existence every time said patches are deployed?
    oh whatever. You guys are just going to get all upset without actually looking at what I'm saying.
    • Up x 1
  7. hawken is better

Claiming that someone's using a 3rd-party program or flat-out "hacking" does beg the question, "how good at the game is the player that's hackusating?"

Since all you've brought to the table is anecdote, I'll do the same. I used to genuinely believe that Sulphur was a hacker. I used to genuinely believe that NivX was a hacker. Once I got better at the game, I realized that what they do/can do is entirely possible, and that I've been severely underestimating the capabilities of the human body. For my old 1.XX K/D self to jump up and say, "Man, Sulphur is hacking, I can just feel it in my bones!" is laughable, to say the least. What's worse is that I actually used to believe that.

Now, for the current situation. You've accused people of hacking (although you haven't specifically stated who), and you're genuinely afraid of revealing your in-game identity (on top of the myriad of excuses that you've cooked up to cover your perceived poor performance, should your IGN be discovered).

What can we do to reach a decisive conclusion regarding your hackusations?
    • Up x 4
  8. Crowne

goes both ways. So you thought someone was hacking and it turns out they weren't.
    Others, including myself, have pointed to situations where we were sure someone wasn't hacking but was just that much better.,, only to find out they were hacking.

I really don't need a decisive conclusion. I agreed to disagree quite happily and politely in my very first post. True story.

People want to jump on my head for that, don't get upset just because my head isn't all that fragile.
  9. hawken is better

While the fragility of your opinion is in question, what we're really looking for is evidence/proof of your claims. That's why I specifically brought up my own personal anecdote and just how unreliable it was/is. Hell, even posting your stats wouldn't mean much, considering the fact that BigIron's been wrong on numerous occasions. In this particular situation, saying that you "agree to disagree" after making a bunch of unsubstantiated claims is just a weak little cop out, and you know it.

Come on now, this is the internet. You started it, now step up.
    • Up x 1
  10. illithic

I think we can all admit that when it comes to forumside hawken is better. HAHA! See what I did there?
  11. Mustarde

My thoughts exactly. This thread delivered!
  12. Yuukikun

HUEHUEHUEHUEHEUHEUEHUEHUE
  13. Yuukikun

And here comes the biggest hacker of all :rolleyes:
  14. Mustarde

Oh youuuuu

HEY IF I MAKE YOUTUBES IT MEANS I NO HACKING RIGHT?
  15. PEETREE

can't spike me bruh.
  16. BilboBagshot

I've been teamkilled by DA and AC so ******* much... Oh wait, I don't play their faction. ****!

That being said, both DA and AC seem to play aggressively to win, and a 1% tk rate is pretty ******* amazing for that kind of team. My own (TR and NC) outfits have like 6.5 - 7% rates of teamkilling. Hey, it happens (especially when you have a lot of new players).

Most of the major emerald outfits have friendly leadership. If you are having an issue with a specific player or players from those outfits, perhaps send the outfit leader a message in-game (or maybe through their message boards if possible). If there is an actual issue, they may help take care of it.

I'm speaking as someone who's got about about 2 years on this game, mostly as cannon-fodder. I've seen my outfit leaders step up and issue warnings or boot people who are griefing like this. And yeah, I only run with outfits that have a "no-tking" policy. I don't appreciate that ***-for-tat ********.

Lovingly yours,
    -A Pacifist-Emeraldian
    • Up x 2
  17. Jonesing25

If this incident happened in the middle of a fight it, what you said would actually be relevant.

"Also, seeing how this OP needs to make a thread about how he got TK'd by the popular outfit, we can easily conclude that he's bad (if he had any skill or interesting discussion subjects, he wouldn't need to leech on DA/AC in the title of his threads to get attention), which I could also conclude that in the time my dear outfit mate would've sent a sorry tell, he probably did more for the team than what the OP would've done for the rest of his ''life''."

In your previous post, you didn't mention anything about the heat of battle. You only said that your outfit member would do more for the team in the agreed amount of a second maybe two, for slow typists, than the OP could in his PS2 current life. If the point you are arguing is true, why did you even mention your outfit mate doing more in a given amount of time?
  18. dstock

Can't stop laughing.

Also, as someone who's spent a lot of time driving Sundies lately, if you got run over by a friendly Sundy, you almost definitely deserved it. Look both ways before going, well, anywhere...

I used to laugh at Grey's TK ratio, but having spent a few months in his shoes, I'm sure he doesn't do it on purpose, lol.

I actually have been checking the planetside.tk site since before and during I've started this driving spree, and my TK ratio has been going up steadily. There are two reasons for this, IMO:
    1) I'm scoring way less overall kills as a dedicated driver instead of gunning, so my percentage of TKs is skyrocketing, because I have less enemy kills to dilute the TK stat.
    2) In a Harasser, when I run over a friendly, I usually accept the blame. I've got superior mobility, and the few times I run over friendlies are usually do to lag/weird hit-box crap/etc. In a Sundy, most of the time I simply can't stop before I run into them, and most infantry players seem to run around like vehicles will just drive through them without harming them.

/Shrugs.

EDIT: Oh yeah, this reminds me, if you play Emerald TR, save yourself some trouble and shoot this guy on sight:
    http://planetside.tk/#benchowMK5
    I know that's not really kosher, but if you can find one other player with a TK percentage that high, I'll return the favor.
  19. z1967

Apparently this thread is still a thing. I thought it would have ended after it was definitive that DA had a TK rate around 1%, AC had a TK rate of around 1.25%, and SSGO took the cake with a TK rate of 6.5%. For comparison, BWC has a TK rate of 4%, AOD clocks in at 6%, 666 makes it in at 5%, CIK matches BWC at around 4%, and finally FCRW with 1.5%.

Point is, there are worse offenders, either the elite outfits offset their TK rates by killing lots of enemies or they just plain old don't TK as much.

I guess I might as well chime in that there is a K/D inflation problem (also affects K+A/D) which really does not help with how valid the stat is. Logically, bad players are usually new players and often new players get confused and quit when they don't do very good. Since in order for K/D to exist someone must die so someone else can kill. Because there are many ways to remove a death but few ways to remove a kill, kills become worth less and less making deaths a more valid stat than kills.

I know it sounds silly, but higher K/D players probably do not quit as much as lower K/D players. Thus, a higher K/D does not actually mean a better player. There are also other modifiers not related to kill inflation that affect performance such as most played class (ex: MAX players will have a better K/D than medics) and weapons used (LMGs are universally doing better than any other sanctioned infantry weapon for example) also affect stats.

Now, I'm not gonna say remove K/D, but if you are going to base your opinion of someone's post of their K/D than I hate to say it but you need to re-evaluate how you judge people's posts. If we went purely off of K/D for this discussion on who TKs more, we might as well have just used ponies per square kilometer. I think the actual content of the post should be judged more than the actual poster of the content.
  20. ATRA_Wampa-One

Myth busted since everyone knows you only joined VS to get access to goku.exe.
    • Up x 1