(Emerald) Brain Drain in favor of VS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, May 26, 2019.

1. xMeserionx

This is not new, been going on long before DX11, we just have better leaders. And those leaders could easily jump ship with a balance patch buffing TR or NC further...

Might as well change the title to "VANU OP EMERALD, PLZ NERF" because that is all this is saying. I invite you to pick out 1 thing op about the faction other than leadership skills, and bet you won't find anything that hasn't already been dumpster-ed already.
  2. Liewec123

Firstly, you're pacster, so we all know that your VS bias is only matched by your spite towards the other factions, (notably NC)
    So anything you say is already mute.

Secondly, how is 114 not a decent sample size? It's the max that PS2 Fisu can show,
    and it's not like I was cherry picking a specific time to show the results I wanted,
    I literally went there and added up all of the recent wins, yes i already knew VS would be well ahead,
    because it's been this way for YEARS, and lo and behold, TR and NC are evenly matched at mid 30s,
    while the underpop VS are in a different league at mid 40s.
    They're winning 30% more alerts with far less players, this is as indefensible as your nc max hate, but hey, pacster gotta pacster...

Curious though, how much epeen does it require to see results that over all of the servers, the underpop faction is winning the most alerts, and rather than going to the obvious imbalance conclusion, you go to "well we're obviously just so super awesome and the thousands of players on the other factions on every server just suck!"
    Years and years go by, different outfits come and go but VS always remain on top,
    That's all because those different outfits are always better on VS right? seriously...
  3. LodeTria

It's intresting that the answer is "dumb VS down to our level" rather "We should improve ourselves to their level"
    Shows why you loose all the time.
  4. Skraggz

Well to be fair no one wants to fight us (vs), tr plays the regular against 2 factions, and nc has to worry about 3 factions because everyone is your enemy even friendlies.
  5. Ares8

Anytime competent groups are working together during primetime hours, TR usually do well alert wise even if we don't win. It's not hard to figure out why they win. It's simple, they work together as a faction and look at the map, respond quickly and individuals can hold their own with their respective guns.

The main problem with TR is all the new and non outfit players get auto invited into aodr/69ar/btyr/1tmi, so it's hard to get a good group going. Those outfits don't teach their players anything and don't train/discuss tactics or employ tactics honestly. Emerald ain't the server for casual outfits if you want to win alerts and cap stuff. We don't need elite outfits, just competent one's.
  6. JibbaJabba

I didn't say that. If you want to argue with a straw man, knock yourself out.

I also remain unconvinced that VS actually *IS* dominating. It's just the classic "everything about MY experience is unfair" whining.

I do not find this evidence compelling. For all I know from that data VS racked up all the off hours wins when nobody was really on the server.
  7. Zizoubaba

I'm not saying you're right, or that you're wrong, just pointing something out that is really obvious and that it doesn't seem you have taken into account :

you need to get the stats for all servers.

Also, there are things not related to game mechanics that may come into account, like certain player profiles will prefer one faction over the other because of the lore, because of the looks, the weapons and so on, sometimes even just the colour (revolutionaries (communists :p)) will tend to pick TR, French, who's unofficial colour is often blue, will often pick NC and so on.

On Cobalt, the VS kick a lot of ***, but that is also because it has attracted many players who are objective oriented while TR and NC seem to have a lot more players who couldn't care less about an Alert and just "want a figh".
  8. Liewec123

"yeah because VS winning more alerts across every server while generally being underpop is definitely a skill issue."

O'rly?

definately not implying L2P...
    definately not implying low skill...
    definitely not implying VS being better players...
    definitely not saying...exactly what you're saying. :rolleyes:

but nope you're absolutely not saying that its a L2P/skill issue.

a strawman would require me to be replying to something other than you pretty obviously saying that its a L2P/skill issue.
  9. Crash Bandicoot

10. JibbaJabba

/facepalm. It's a tactics issue. Your outfit leaders are using shatty tactics that don't work. God man. I can't read FOR you.
  11. Liewec123

K let's ignore that you mentioned KDR and 1v1 skill, it's a tactical issue.
    But do you really consider that to be a more likely answer than VS simply having better stuff?
    I mean, they've been winning the most alerts for YEARS, over every server
    different VS,TR and NC outfits have came and went, yet VS domination remains.
    And all of this with an underpop.

is it really more likely that all of these TR and NC outfits over the years and over every server are consistently bad,
    while the VS underpop are consistently masterminds?
    or is the real answer far simpler, VS stuff is simply better.
    More accurate weapons with less recoil, less downtime from no reloads on some guns, dark camo for night fights,
    An mbt that can strafe with stable aim, climb mountains, fire with zero recoil and dodge incoming shots,
    An esf with the smallest dogfighting profile, faction exclusivity to Infinite ammo, no reloads and no bulletdrop,

This isn't a QQ post, I don't want anything nerfed, my magrider is my favourite mbt,
    I'm just offering a far simpler and more likely reason why VS have been consistently dominating every server for years,
    even with an underpop.
    They're simply better.
  12. AlcyoneSerene

More RNG to fast firing VS weapons than TR fast firing weapons. This means less accurate.
    Recoil in itself says nothing. Is the recoil controllable, or is it heavily RNG dependent? Recoil in and of itself is meaningless except perhaps to new players who haven't yet learned how far to pull down on the weapon and how to match diagonal recoil.

Low recoil in general makes for noob-friendly guns with a lower skill ceiling since there's nothing you can do to reach their peak accuracy other than burst fire appropriately for range.

The other factions get 200 dmg LMG and SMGs with ridiculous ranges, large magazines, faster firing rates. It is only reasonable VS get something too besides borderline useless no bullet drop. Many of those heat-based are also auraxium guns.

Again, what do you propose the magrider do, then? Not only lose head on fights with Prowlers and Vanguards, but ranged fights too now?

See above. This nef-but-not-nerf call is getting tedious.

I can't believe these old point are being brought back up as if they help VS win somehow.
  13. JibbaJabba

I don't find the win stats to be compelling.

Do we have years of overseas players jumping on VS during late night to rack up wins? Are those "VS is better" stats consistent across all servers (which have the same VS equipment/guns as others)? Dunno.

I have not yet accepted the premise that VS wins alerts more than the other factions....At least not during primetime/full servers.

The big difference I've seen in play among the factions is what I mentioned earlier. Lots more cheese and BS seems to come out of TR/NC. VS is less likely to do airballs, Sundy balls, max crashes, A2G farming. These are techniques that can win fights but not alerts. That's purely subjective observation though.
  14. Atmospherocephalic

the three faction thing has always sucked in my opinion. get rid of vs or merge tr and nc.
  15. Generic Internetter

Emerald TR here.

I can agree and confirm that VS are extremely well-coordinated. They diversify their forces covering all aspects of infantry, vehicles, and air support. I don't see this level of teamplay in TR, and going against NC feels like they're not very coordinated either.

We TR only seem to beat VS (with equal numbers) when enough TR get frustrated enough to do mini-zergs through key choke points or into capture points, often when someone yells "We need to capture B" on in-game VOIP.
    Playing TR feels like being an army ant, and the unspoken strategy is "play whatever class you want and get ready to focus zerg". Nothing wrong with this strange type of teamplay. Lore-wise, as commies this makes perfect sense when likened to WW2 Russian zerg tactics. Also, TR are built for this with the high-rate-low-damage weapon style.

Playing against NC (again, equal numbers) is also a case of randomly-composed spontaneous TR mini-zergs, or the engagement breaks up into many small 1v1's. NC are built for slower, heavy-hitting shots with their low-rate-high-damage weapon style. As TR you need to pressure the NC into submission. If you leave NC to comfortably do what they do, you get rekt, so you have to spray them into a panic before you pinpoint them - Before I understood this I always considered NC to be the OP faction.

As a TR, going face-to-face against VS is a joke; Individually they drop quicker than NC.
    But VS are built for mobility and accuracy, meaning they often get the jump on TR and NC. This naturally lends itself to coordinated teamwork among VS players, because this best enables them to leverage their mobility and accuracy.

Basically, VS are dominant on Emerald because they coordinate better than TR and NC currently do in terms of field tactics and classes selection. They coordinate better because the game inadvertently (accidentally?) forces them to do so. If TR and NC coordinated better, everything would be fine. So it's really down to the players, not the weapon stats.

TL;DR
    - TR are about pressuring the enemy and grouping into mini-zergs to overwhelm the enemy.
    - NC are about carefully moving and applying instant death, progressing slowly like Terminators.
    - VS are about mobility and accuracy, always flanking and surprising the enemy - This forces VS players to coordinate better as a team, resulting in the current VS dominance on Emerald.
  16. pnkdth

Last time PS2alerts were working properly VS had won (globally) 37%, TR 34.8%, and NC 25.9%. This includes the ZOE era and we know for a fact that there were a lot more tryhard VS outfits who for some reason LOVED to ghost cap continents during off hours.

VS and TR seem to attract more team players than NC. That and I experienced more alert apathy in general on NC. There has always been great outfits on NC but the standards of the casual style outfits has, well, been more causal than VS/TR. You can choose to get all offended and go "GASP! Are you saying NC players are less skills?!?!!" No, that's exactly why I make these distinctions. My experience is mostly on Miller (sept 2012 and onward).

The fact that two out of three factions have a fairly equal amount of alert wins is pretty incredible. Usually you see one faction running away completely in open world PvP games.

TL;DR: Stop pushing the BS narrative that VS has been dominating forever. They haven't. They've just been a tiny bit ahead of TR.
  17. Beerbeerbeer

It’s only been very recently where the VS has performed well on Emerald. I also don’t attribute this to better VS leadership BS. I play on all three factions and I would say the TR are best organized with their Zerg.

I attribute VS’ victories more to the fact that the TR and NC just ignores them most of the time, spending most of the alert fighting each other and letting the VS swarm the map almost unopposed. But, this has finally changed and the VS’ true colors are out and they don’t win anymore when faced with equal resistance. In fact, most of their players are wretched: my K / D ratio goes sky high fighting them.

Also, prior to this brief moment of neglect that allowed them to win, the VS were always, and I mean always outnumbered and rarely won, and it was like this for years. Not only were they player deficient, but they also generally lacked good players and their Zerg was the lamest of all.

Now, they tend to have the most players, but they all suck. Quantity doesn’t make up for quality when it comes to the VS.
  18. Ares8

VS are overated.
  19. Blam320

Try playing VS on Connery. Half the time we're winning because TR and NC are mindlessly farming each other for the entire alert, the other half we're losing because TR and NC are completely ignoring each other.
  20. TR5L4Y3R

so reading the thread the solution seems to be doubleteaming VS and then when VS is suffiently beaten back NC needs to push TR for the last half an hour or so during the alert ...