[Suggestion] Either reduce the strikers damage or make it an Ns weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaserai, Aug 15, 2013.

1. SpetV

I'm using the photon pods more on vehicles than infantry, yet I can't even get to shoot them many times that I already get locked on. Explain then why I'm still getting locked on if I haven't even shot after infantry yet? Simple, TR are noobs, they can't do anything without their OP weapons.
    • Up x 1
  2. Phrygen

Yet another striker thread. Certainly need more of these.
  3. RipperTR

ITT: Some of the most creative fiction writing I've ever read.

http://1.bp.************/-qPX3k4Z2yLk/UfvPjXb1vXI/AAAAAAAAEbI/lM6dBp4McDw/s400/Striker+-+new+cover.jpg
    • Up x 1
  4. WUNDER8AR

Trading Striker for Lancer. PM me if interested.
  5. FateJH

Why do people spell it with a "y" occasionally?
  6. Phazaar

I have sat with outfit mates using my TR character and shooting their ESFs. It DEFINITELY ignored flares 30-60% of the time. Given that the flare explosion doesn't render passed 300m, I'd say its damned likely you just don't realise how often they flare THEN you get the hit notification. Also, half of the time, you don't get the hit notification but the damage still occurs.

I suggest you go and try it in control conditions with a friend if you're such a skeptic. It's a well documented occurrence that almost every pilot (most of us fly on all 3 factions, too) have noticed for months. Also, it is NOT caused by dumb fire behaviour, or lag; the hits have not occurred already on my screen before the flares, and we tested both being stationary and getting the **** out of the way.
  7. Phazaar

Please explain to me how a VTOL with hover stability, a dedicated anti-infantry nose gun, a 200m range radar, dumb fire rockets with little AP ability, armour that defends against small arms, and a speed barely faster than a bomber is not a designed A2G vehicle, or in fact, is more designed to be A2A than it is A2G?

Seriously, stop forcing your own prejudices on aspects of the game that do not support your own ideal PS2.

The Empire Specific FIGHTER is exactly that. A fighter. It can be an ASF, a strike fighter, a ground-attack fighter, and soon those options will be expanded even further.

ESFs are to Libs what Lightnings are to MBTs; the only problem right now is that the Lib isn't good enough to be warranted for many duties, not because the ESF is too good, but because the Lib isn't good enough to warrant picking it over an MBT/harasser, in most people's hands.
    • Up x 1
  8. Konfuzfanten

The problem with the current ESF:
    a) A single ESF can do it all in one loadout, best AA, good AV, good AI.
    b) 2 ESF is just hands down better at AA, AV and AI then a lib 2/3, 3 ESF isnt even in on the same planet as a 3/3 lib
    c) fastest unit combined with flares making it nearly impossible to counter an ESF unless you bring another ESF - aka not very balanced.
    d) cheap, single seater, got multiple weapons systems and fastest unit in the game.

The ESF is the ultimate Rambo vehicle, you dont need support from anyone and there is no direct counter that you can outfly or outgun.

This needs to be changed. With the change to lock-ons, they need to removing flares from ESF so there is an downside to flying them.
    • Up x 2
  9. Gheeta

The lock on mechanics are being changed so it's kinda pointless to discuss lock on weapons at this time but a weapon which requires 0 skill to use should not be able to create a huge no fly zone.
  10. Infinn

All out of Lancers, they sell out fast in my pawn shop, but I have this Amazing Rocket launcher you will love!!!! Its called the Phoenix. Yes, I know its not way close to a good trade for you, but this one time only Ill throw in the Enforcer C85 Modified-H FOR Free. YES YOU HEARD IT HERE, FOR FREE!!!
  11. Serell

It's just not fun to fly near TR. Period. All it is is constant lock-on's going "beep beep guess what you're $%#@ed beep beep".
    The problem is that the Striker is ES. TR have more lock-on launchers to choose from, thus they'll have more.
    • Up x 2
  12. HellionX

ROFL. you still think ZOE is good hey. It's all yours. Totally useless now.

On a side note the striker is a savage weapon for air or ground vehicles. ...pretty much anything it locks on. I really don't feel it needs a nerf though it does need a redesign though. Ohh I have an idea. How about like ZOE when you use a striker you get a huge reduction in health and armour lol.

On a serious note. Because the striker is so savage the TR are getting away with more potential out of vehicles and air than the NC or VS are and that's not fair.

Example All my vehicles need to have IR Smoke or Chaff to try to counter the striker. Because of this i'm not able to use things like prox radar, nitro boosts, empire specific traits like mag booster and other very useful things that the TR can use. This gives them a HUGE advantage!

Also Don't get me started about the vulcan either. Don't tell me COF makes it balanced it really matters not when your being swarmed by harassers.
  13. TheBillOf3D

Once you are past the fact that you are going to get hit multiple times, the striker isn't all that bad. They do spam the hell out of them. But that may just be their pop advantage.
  14. Phazaar

A single ESF can only be the best AA (of all the ESF loadouts) if they sacrifice AV and AI ability by dropping lolpods. They are also -not- the best AA in almost any situation. The only situation they're the best AA is when you are only with a small group, already engaged in ground fights that would lose your AA MAXs/Strikers/lesser RLs, and there is only one enemy plane (or perhaps two with an exceedingly skilled pilot).

Two Lightnings are hands down better at AA, AV and AI than a 2/2 MBT. It costs more resources, and puts more risk on the table. Risk vs reward.

In only being 2m/s faster than a homing missile for four seconds with your 'do it all' loadout, it's not that it's lightning fast at all. It's just more manoeuvrable. It is still easily countered by lockons (especially as even being able to counter this for 5 seconds in an encounter costs the ESF the ability to equip radar, which is -far- more useful for the whole team than a single ESF in the air), and in any situation where the ESF is able to use that 5 second window to line up, attack, and escape, they are almost guaranteed to be risking an almost instant-death from AA MAXs, Skyguards, Phoenixes/Decimators, tank/harasser secondaries, and even MBT cannons due to having to be so low to the ground to avoid the lockon spam... Not to mention being hard-countered by having enough people on the ground that they can kill it almost instantly with small arms alone (this is what organised platoons do for anti-ESF, and it works ridiculously well).

And that entire previous paragraph flies massively in the face of what SHOULD be the solution to enemy ESFs challenging your ground forces: GETTING AN ESF. If ESF's get -even worse- versus ground forces, they're simply worthless, as they are ALREADY countered by almost every unit on the ground, so what's the point in being in one? To kill other ESFs? Well, we already know that you'd be better off using a lock on for that... And if you're TR, that lock on's also the best anti-lib weapon going too...

Your 'rambo' statement goes far too far towards showing why you're upset about the state of ESFs. They absolutely dominate lone wolves and small squads not ready to counter them. The problem is that they're completely worthless against a platoon or more, and yet those size battles are what the game is -supposed- to be about. Yes, you can outfly a single AA MAX, or one guy with a lock on, but three skyguards, or two Vulcans, or 5 lock ons, or 3 AA MAXs... All are an instant death, before even factoring in all of the other fire coming to the ESF which can -all- damage it, even the guy with the Commissar (I have 23 ESF kills with Commissar - don't laugh until you've tried it).

The downside to flying an ESF is the constant need to leave the engagements that your team need you in the most. This is why ESF's have the lowest score per hour of any dedicated combat vehicle, and hence why they received the least resource cost rise, even though those stats were produced BEFORE the levelled playing field ESF patch (when ESF scores dropped further).
  15. Konfuzfanten

A pure 2/2 AV prowler or vanguard will murder 2 AP lightings.

Like all other vehicles.

No, why i dislike the ESF is that they dont have to choose, unlike all other vehicles in this game. They have access to good AA, AV and AI in the same loadout, while being a single seater.

And what fighting vehicle isnt "useless" in a platoon-vs-platoon fighting?

And 2 Vulcans, 5 Lock, 3 AV MAX's and 3 AP lightings will eat any lib/ground vehicle, your point? The fact that you have to say that multiple vehicles or a handful of infantry is need to counter a single guy in a vehicle is just ridiculous.

a) Score/min is a useless stat, just like K/D ratio.
    b) Yea ESF needs to leave "engagements that your team need you in the most", just like every other fighting vehicle in the game.

A lot of your ESF-are-balanced argument is based around that the ESF cant pwn in platoon engagements, yea you know what? No vehicle can do that.

The ESF can still engage ground targets within large engagements and still get away because of their unique speed, flares and afterburner, while all other vehicles will have to choose between flares/smoke and afterburner and cant get that speed. You see it everyday, longer after the libs have left you still get ESF's lolpoding the ground.

All vehicles in PS2 have a near hard counter, not a deterrent, a real counter, except the ESF:
    Tanks: libs or ESF
    Infantry: tanks, ESF's or libs
    Libs: ESF.
    ESF: nothing. You havnt got a single unit in this game that can hunt down and kill an ESF.

Thats the problem.

And to counter the "just-pull-an-ESF-to-counter-an-ESF" argument:
    Pulling more of the same is not a valid argument, actually its emphasizes why the ESF is just a broken vehicle right now.

I dont think a lot of ppl would agree that the pre-nerf NC/ZOE MAX was balanced because a fully cert'ed AV MAX could kill it. Same with old 25% more dmg prowler, the old lib/ESF zepher/lolpods or the current harasser.
  16. Stray29th

The striker is decent if used en-mass, as with any weapon.

Get 20 of each empire specific lock on and the thing is dead regardless if it's striker. Organised squads concentrating air is your issue, not the weapon.

Team play is taking you down.
  17. whitupiggu

Guys the striker doesn't ignore flares stop spreading lies!

O-oh...
    • Up x 1
  18. Kociboss

So how is this different from strikers used en-masse:

Mind you, any faction can do this. 1 Striker is not so good. Same with annihilator. If you escalate it though...

This is a bug and has to be fixed. Same with striker missiles turning at 90 degrees angle.
  19. Shatters

You can have the lancer and the phoenix. According to the TR those are on the same power level as the striker.

:eek:
  20. Izriul

This is such a ridiculous argument.

Hell, you even remark in your own sentence "as with any weapon" Yes, ANY weapon is good en-mass. 20 guys using pistols can shoot down an ESF or at least do some serious heavy damage to it.

The argument isn't about how good something is en-mass, it's about how good a weapon is in solo use, one guy doing the work of what 2 or 3 can do.

The team play is taking you down argument makes me cringe every time someone tries to use it. Now, I'm not going to agree with the OP either, but that argument is just stupid beyond belief.