[Suggestion] Either reduce the strikers damage or make it an Ns weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaserai, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Kaserai

As many of my fellow Vanu and NC pilots can agree, the TR Stryker is the bane of our existence. How I woe the moment when flying of red territory and I have the dreaded "lock" signal with no flares available. It really brings a guys moral down!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not whining that I die to much and want the styker removed so I can lolpod freely. (We can all dream can't we?). However, I do think there is a MASSIVE disadvantage for blue and purple people who don't have the amazing Stryker.

Pros to not having Stryker:

You get actual skill at using a rocket launcher.

Cons to not having Stryker:

TR air zergs. I believe that this is the reason why TR dominates the sky's. The wonderfully skilled mossy pilots (and I mean that as a compliment - I still enjoy good dog fights with the experienced TR pilots) don't have to deal with the accuracy and raw damage output of the Stryker! Unlike all other factions.

Personally, I think this could be fixed by either makin the Stryker a Ns weapon (replacing the annil) or the Stryker be nerfed. May vanu smile upon you -

Kaserai
    • Up x 6
  2. Arkenbrien

I think that is your problem. It would also bring you down.

On the other hand, however, I think if everybody had access to the striker, it would bring a nerf a lot faster as 100% of the people saying that it wasn't over powered would beg for a nerf. :confused:
    • Up x 2
  3. Kaserai

I think that is your problem.

On the other hand, however, I think if everybody had access to the striker, it would bring a nerf a lot faster as 100% of the people saying that it wasn't over powered would beg for a nerf. :confused:[/quote]

There ya go mate - fixed my post for ya. (I'd pick on that to, don't worry.)

While this is true, I personally think that would be for all the better. Having the ability to knock out 55% of a scythes health in one shot is very OP. if you've taken over 45% damage from anything else before you get a Stryker locking, your dead. That needs to be fixed
    • Up x 1
  4. Lazaruz

Since you can't be asking for a nerf, because that would be against the forum guidelines... you're asking for it to be a NS weapon, so you can get shot down more often and in NC airspace as well?

For argument's sake I'm fine with it being a multi faction tool, if I get to pick something empire specific from the VS and NC in return... let's say ZOE and the Vanguard shield.

Besides, we still haven't seen the planned lock-on changes in action. For all we know, they might make the weapon absolute garbage.
  5. Terrex

I went back to TR so foreheads stopped shooting 5 rockets at me...
  6. Konfuzfanten

The solution is a lot easier:
    Just make the anni do 90-95% dmg of 5 striker missiles, buff lib armor with 25% against lock-on missiles and everyone are happy.

Ground vehicles can still use terrain to block the lock, libs shouldnt feel a difference and if you got shoot down in an ESF its you own fault for trying to farm with your lolpods.
  7. EViLMinD

I don't know what the devs were thinking when they made the Striker as powerful as it is. The thing is ridiculously op.

No NS version. Just balance it. Please.
    • Up x 3
  8. Konfuzfanten

9. Eclipson

There already is an NS version. Its called an annihilator. But other factions refuse to use it in mass like the TR use Strikers.
    • Up x 3
  10. biterwylie

The Striker sucks! It ruins vehicle fights against TR, as you cant really engage other vehicles without the constant whine of lock on and then the inevitable bang bang bang bang bang as the missile slam home.

And then there is the Vulcan mounted to the harrasser :rolleyes: but that another thread!

I would not want all factions to have it! At the moment at least VS and NC enjoy fun fights with each other without TR Strikers, Vulcan H, Prowlers, Maruaders, Fractures etc!

It should be nurfed, or better yet give TR a launcher that is fun to use beyond the fact it is OP! I dont mind TR having a power advantage over the other factions with there weapons, but not the Striker, that just straight up ruins fun.
    • Up x 3
  11. Indica

I agree with what Biterwylie is saying and the others regarding this topic. It is taking a lot of the fun out of the game. They just sit there waiting for the green light and then fire away and we get left empty handed with used resources and not much fun. its the little things like this damn launcher which still has had no real change done to it to balance it out. Fighting against the TR has come to a no fun battle i tend to drive and find NC fights as its much more balanced to fight against them and as a result MUCH MORE FUN! which is what a game is all about. The Vulcan on the harasser that was just not intelligent! How on earth are the other factions able to compete on a 1v1 with a harasser and that thing on it. Sometimes it seems that the devs just do and don't put themselves in the other factions shoes when they implement certain things. apart from these two issues i have the games great and im having loads of fun but those two tr weps need a work over as it for sure will kill peoples fun, i know its killing mine.
    • Up x 2
  12. SpetV

I won't be happy until the Striker is nerfed. How about the ESF? I'm an ESF pilot not a liberator pilot. About ground vehicles, Stryker can shoot trough terrain.

2:07 You can see the rockets hitting the mountain then the harasser getting damage from them.
    Also about "lolpods farming", what would you say if you were in a dogfight and a TR noobs comes with a T2 Striker? You'll instantly die.
    • Up x 1
  13. Herby20

So there would be zero advantage in using the striker then? Got it. Wait for the lock-on changes. They will probably hurt the striker more than any other one simply because of the additional rockets.

P.S. Every lock-on currently in game tends to avoid/clip through terrain, not just the striker.
    • Up x 1
  14. =ADK= CanNerZ

Its fine as TR only. It just needs to be fixed- IE its rockets should not go through entire mountains, or any object for that matter.
    • Up x 3
  15. =ADK= CanNerZ

This is also true. Its just a problem with the game they are having trouble with, ignoring, or are unable to remedy currently.
    • Up x 1
  16. VanuSovereignty

And should not randomly ignore smoke/flares.
    • Up x 1
  17. KAHR-Alpha

For the 9000th time, the Striker does NOT ignore smoke or flares, when will you guys stop spreading that lie? The only two ways it can seem to do so are:
    1) turns into dumbfire after a flare, so it might it anyway
    2) latency issue

Never have I seen any of my striker rockets ignore flares, never, and I've shot 7063 of them.
    • Up x 4
  18. Konfuzfanten

There should be no problems for the ESF, dont lolpod and you wont have a real problem with the lock-ons. Leave A2G to the designed A2G vehicles.
  19. VanuSovereignty

When I flare, in a fast moving liberator, and continue to get hit by strikers they are doing one of two things: Ignoring my flares, or not giving me an lock indicator. I don't care which it is, but the terrain bug and the flare bug is what makes the weapon broken,

It is quite good at ending air fights. Trying to dogfight over slightly populated TR territory is generally a death sentence.
    • Up x 1
  20. CNR4806

You have complained about a whooping four cliche "nerf now" TR weapons at the same time, making your post as ridiculous as one of these:
    - Nerf ZOE, Saron, Lancer and Magrider strafing
    - Nerf Scatmax, Vanguard shield, Reaver hovering and Vortek

Actually, on a second thought, your post is still more ridiculous than those.