Either Nerf the Raven into the ground, or Admit you dont want anything but NC MAXes

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Cryptek, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArcKnight

your right they will lower it DPS against infantry................................. after the sales die down :mad:
  2. Pikachu

It does not kill with 1 shot, but it does with double shot and yes that is wrong. The damage says 490 and no other MAX AV weapon adds direct+indirect damage. Change needed.
    • Up x 1
  3. Fumblewatt

the hairdryers needs 12 shots to kill infantry, one of the max weapons came out balanced, the other 2 are just.. wow
  4. greyfu

You guys having issues have remembered to re-equip your flak armor right??
    The NC MAX got given Ogre Armor for a reason, were supposed to be shrekkin it!
  5. Crewell

NEWS FLASH. The VS AV weapon is nothing to sniff at either. It's probably good enough to keep as a primary for both AV and AI. A dual charged shot is dead accurate and will instant kill too. Also the TR weapon can tear armor up. This is really just a whine thread.
    • Up x 1
  6. Plunkies

Raven is pretty mediocre at anti-infantry. This is another problem that whiners can solve by simply moving instead of standing still. It's incredibly awkward hitting moving infantry at close to mid range
  7. Liewec123

i've been using dual ravens all night (from about 6pm its now 4am) my conclusion is that for AI they're awesome at mid range, its a very fine bracket, long range they're easily dodged, close range they're a lesser option to out shotties, mid range is where they shine.
    hint for people having trouble, hit A and D.

also forgot to add that ravens do hilariously low damage to other maxes, a TR/VS max using ANY weapons will easily beat a raven max 1v1.
  8. Plunkies

You can also use flak armor to negate most of the damage. Splash damage is almost non-existent too so if you die you probably got skill-shotted or you were standing still.
  9. Epic High Five

It's weird that the VS are complaining the hardest about the Raven, considering (on Mattherson at least) they've adapted to them without missing a beat. These things are a ton of fun, but you've gotta stand there guiding them and Lancers they ain't. I got C4'd quite a few times, and there's no abort so once or twice when I spun to fight my assailant, I sent my rockets into a friendly :(

It takes 2 rockets direct hit to OHK and infantry, so they've gotta be standing still. They FEEL like they're less maneurverable than the AV turret - I don't have hard data but I certainly couldn't turn it around rocks I know I could with the turret. May just be a product of different projectile speeds. The thing with the Ravens in AI is that there's next to no splash at all, so again, direct hits are required.

The fracture is interesting in that it seems to be balanced around the upcoming anchor ability.
  10. Purg

Who didn't see this thread being guided in from 350m away?

I've only used the three in VR, will be buying the TR and NC versions when the servers come back up. Decided against running a VS MAX since I had 2 NC and 1 TR prior to membership unlocking 3 extra slots - that and I adore my Lancer and Ursa. The Lancer is a beast, embrace it VS. I solo Vanguards daily with it. I can't imagine the Vortex will be any different, especially with Zoe. (which may inspire me to throw $14 at my VS MAX)

The Fracture to me has a much higher potential for death dealing, especially in close quarters. Raven you have to focus on one target to guide it in and that's always an uncomfortable feeling for me given the penchant for LA's with C4 lining you up.

Don't know about the Vortex. Would be something I would have to use ingame to evaluate. Dual Lancer sounds freaking cool to me and in VR it's one double charged shot and 3 single shots to polish off a MAX. Sunderers also seemed to be on fire in one charged clip. I figure SOE is going to do the same as they did with the Lancer. It has insane range so they'll adjust based on usage statistics.
  11. Cryptek

Except it cant.
    It could back when it was released on the test server, then they nerfed the Vortex into the ground by almost halving it's damage, reducing it's velocity and making it incapable of holding a charge (making it almost impossible to land dual charged shots at some who isn't in CqC)

The main problem is that it isn't Dual lancers, it was when it was first released on the test server. Then they halved the damage and gave it the thing that stopped the lancer from being great upon release 'Damage degradation over range' This is holding it back from being useful in any sense. A single Lancer heavy is not only more versatile, but actually also more effective.
  12. Turiel =RL=

Stuff gets intentionally released to be OP until a certain amount of customers buy it, only then they'll nerf it. The quickest and easiest way to force a nerf is by actually buying double Ravens for your NC-alt o_O
  13. Klondik3

Well haven't the new AV weapons passed a battery of tests in the test server? If raven gets nerfed despite already been tested then this will literally be my last SC purchase.
  14. TeknoBug

Yeah Vortex requires you to use both armos, not 1, according to the Google docs chart it only does 80 damage single shots and 200/415 2x/3x charged shots, the Lancer does 150 single and 375/750 2x/3x charged. The Comet is still the better choice IMO even if I think the changes for it is utter crap.
  15. Jkar

They should just name it the preview server, as that is in general more accurate of a description for it. It certainly isn't passed through a battery of tests there unless you do it yourself and post about it.
  16. CoffeeBreak

Starting to think you're right. It's the same with the Phoenix. They knew it oneshot infantry. They knew everyone would go out and buy it to use as a sniper rocket. They waited a week then nerfed.

But on the other hand...I think the three launchers are "balanced" based on the new max abilities they didn't add yet. The Vortex does ok damage when you fire it like AV pistols. But it will probably become much more deadly with ZOE active. Even though the ZOE makes you take more damage it is more fitting to the intended "agile" VS playstyle. Basically, you're running from cover to cover. Spot the tank. Active ZOE, pew pew pew. Deactivate ZOE and get behind cover so the increased damage you take doesn't become a factor.

The TR is the only questionable one to me. Depending on the circumstances you're either an amazingly deadly AV turrent that can get up and reposition or you're just an easy target because you can't really move to get out of fire.

Personally, I don't think they should have added the new AV weapons without the new abilities because they're going to start nerfing/buffing without them then they'll renerf/buff once they're added.

Only thing I really want to know is...where are my OP, annoying grenade launchers?
  17. shadowkhat

your an idiot you lost all credibility saying you don't have to stand out in th open to guide a LASER GUIDED WEAPON ... moron ... listen .. i know your buthurt but at least have some idea of what your talking about before ruinning to the forums to cry like a little kid that has had his candy stolen by a girl. its laser guided stupid... meaning you have to stand out in the open to guide it. it fires slow a one arm fracture max will destroy you before you get him to half.
  18. TeknoBug

From what I tested on PTS, ZOE doesn't help AV weapons that much, still takes the same amount of time to destroy a vehicle with and without ZOE, ZOE seems to help the AI weapons though, I was ripping **** up with dual Nebula using ZOE. I did notice one thing when using dual Vortex with and without ZOE that it shredded ~1.5 seconds off in the time the vehicle exploded (perhaps without ZOE the vehicle was in a burning state decaying vs the vehicle straight up exloded with ZOE).
  19. TeknoBug

Well not standing completely behind cover, but I've done it with the engineer AV turret, say there's a MBT on the bridge under the covers and you're on the cliff at the Crown, you can guide the rocket into the bridge cover and hit it everytime as long as you know where the tank is, I can do the same with the Raven.
  20. Narfwak

I've yet to even be killed by someone using the Raven. If anything it's in need of a buff.

The original AV weapons were (and are) far too weak, and now that MAXs have an AV weapon of appropriate power everyone is flipping tables because they haven't adjusted to it actually being a thing that can happen.
    • Up x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.