Either Nerf the Raven into the ground, or Admit you dont want anything but NC MAXes

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Cryptek, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryptek

The thing is the best MAX AV weapon for killing vehicles, hands down.

But that's not enough, it one hit kills infantry. Making it the best long+medium range MAX AI option.

Only bested in CqC by... ScatMAXes.

There is no semblance of balance and it is clear that either the developers didn't listen to the people on test or they quite simply don't care.

The VS could 1hk if it had a full charge on both, however even the slightly pixel off to either side at longer ranges meant you missed. This was cracked down on almost emidiatly with the biggest nerf bat they could find.

MEANWHILE: You give the freaking wire guided Raven the ability to 1hk with no such penalty as having to charge up.. In fact it is remarkably easier to hit with than the Vortex thanks to that homing quality.

I doubt this was what anyone had in mind when it came to giving the NC MAXes a medium range weapon.
    • Up x 14
  2. BadLlama

Yes standing out in the open guiding a missile to a target is in no way a penalty or disadvantage. Please remove anything nice from the NC. Thank you.
    • Up x 5
  3. Cryptek

Except you dont need to stand out in the open at all, Unlike the Vortex which DOES require you to stand out in the open because you cant hold your charge at all. You can guide those rockets around cover.

You know something has gone terribly wrong when NC MAXes decide to pull Ravens instead of their scattercannons for a tower fight.. Especially when it proves more effective.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ganjis

Rule of thumb when introducing new AV weapons: give the TR something average, give the NC something awesome, give the VS something hopeless. Give no thought to any possible misuse that may be employed with the NC weapon (OHK infantry), preemptively and arbitrarily make the VS weapon do only minor damage to infantry.

Then take a couple of weeks to do something about it.
    • Up x 14
  5. XRIST0

All these stupid weapons they keep adding :rolleyes:

I miss the old game ..
    • Up x 6
  6. Sobdude

Bull ****. The best AV weapon is TR one.
    Think about, what exactly is "muzzle velocity = 85m/c". This Raven rockets not agile and sometimes you can miss even moving sunderer. And you never will hit moving infantry.
    And what about Fracture and Vortex? This stuff can shot even an ESF.
  7. Flashtirade

Uhh, I don't know what you've been smoking, but it most certainly does not one-shot infantry.

Also, I tried the VS Vortexes. The charge mechanic is (still) stupid, but going double vortex and just spamming uncharged shots does a surprising amount of damage. Plus, the clip size is twice the Lancer's, so it's more forgiving.

In terms of aiming, it handles about the same as the AV turret. Yes, you can curve it and make it swing at wide angles, but it takes up all of your attention to do that. The extra maneuverability you get by not having to be planted to fire is mitigated by the fact that MAXes aren't really mobile in the first place. Plus, you have to keep your aim on target in order for it to hit, so movement is limited even further.

If I had the option to replace the Falcon (which got a big damage buff, me gusta) with the Raven, I'd say maybe. Using the Raven mid-range effectively versus requires that the user doesn't have more important things to worry about, like infantry or something trying to kill him. The Falcon, even if the projectile is godawfully slow, is still a dumbfire weapon, making it useful in close quarters and in situations where you don't have the luxury of focusing on a single target.

If I had to pick my favorite AV weapon, it'd be the Fracture. It reminds me of the old Falcons so much, and it's got a 10-round clip. Even though I main NC, I'm definitely picking one up for my TR alt.
    • Up x 1
  8. BadLlama

It's laser guided not camera guided like the Phoenix. If a MAX is hiding behind cover and guiding this missiles to targets without even seeing them with very good success rate then they are either a savant of FPS games or a cheater.

Please stop underestimating how good instant direct AV damage is with your lancers, especially considering you can nail moving fighters and libs extremely well with it, while these rockets lack the agility to do so against anyone that hasn't fallen into a coma while flying.

VV VR does not have Flax armor or nanoweave.
    • Up x 1
  9. Cryptek

Unless you're saying that the VR on live has different stats than the rest of live, then sorry but you are 100% wrong and any one who cares to check up on my statement will see you are full of **** :)
  10. Liewec123

haven't you learnt by now? they do it every time, release something incredibly awesome for NC, wait for everyone to buy it and then nerf it into the floor and start over,
    just look at our phoenix, shortest range of any rocketlauncher, longest reload of any rocket launcher, half the damage of default rocket launcher, and all this you have to do while standing still as sniper fodder. (yet it was OP when they released it so we all bought it).

its nothing but a cheap marketing scheme, don't worry, they'll nerf it into the ground soon enough and sell us something else.
    • Up x 2
  11. Cryptek

Really now? It takes a FPS wizard to continuously bombard the same doorway with missiles that 1hk? Because I must say the bar has been set pretty low then.

As for 'instant direct' Yeah about that.. The Vortex does not have the bullet velocity of a Lancer.. The Vortex has 450 m/s.. That is almost as slow as a SMG (which is 400) Meanwhile the Actual lancer sits more comfortably at 600 m/s.And the Vortex is stuck with damage degradation, because hey, we can't have the gun designed to attack targets at extreme ranges actually even remotely hurt them.

But this isn't about the Vortex, It'll be fixed like the Lancer was fixed, And I damn well Look forward to the Raven being fixed just like the phoenix was. The stupidity of them repeating the same mistake again is nothing but sad.
    • Up x 2
  12. TeknoBug

People haven't been doing that already with the engineer AV turret?

Last week on PTS I was able to lead moving vehicles and infantry with the Raven in the same fashion you do it with the AV turret, except you're not rooted in one spot becoming sniper food.
  13. BadLlama

^^ You can hit things behind cover yes. Please show me a video of a guy behind a rock firing a missile and hitting a moving target at directly behind that rock.

I don't even think you have ran into a MAX using the Raven yet and you are just making statements based off of VR hypothesis.
    • Up x 1
  14. Soundmonitor

You havent tried mana turrets on hills or when tanks cant even render Engie's shooting at you over 100m.
  15. McToast

Moin

Don't worry, that thing is gonna be nerfed hard against infantry soon. My guess would be they lower the dmg so far that you need 3, maybe 4 direct hits to kill infantry. Just wait a few days ;P.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
  16. Bape

Fracture is superior to the raven faster RoF and take 2 shot to kill infantry can mow them down easy. Stop complaining and wait for Zoe before you cry because i bet they are not gonna buff the VS or TR av weapons due to the abilities coming in next patch.
  17. Fumblewatt

Why does the Vortex look like a hairdryer?
    • Up x 2
  18. Vadimir

Why does the VS MAX wear high heels?

Because we're fabulous!
    • Up x 7
  19. Varben

The AV turret is the most powerful thing in the game because of its mechanics. Adding more things like it without addressing the problem it has is folly.
  20. Van Dax

I'd agree
    ...except sparrow raven has higher velocity than vortex, now tell me that they lack agility when they are the very definition of agility(superior speed and maneuverability and acceleration)
    edit: woops sorry got confused there for a second.
    fracture has highest speed, and raven has worst(though it does make it more maneuverable to be slower)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.