Dying in 1 second is no fun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xaragoth, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Goden

If you're a HA just turn your overshield on.

You go from being 1-second killed to requiring an entire magazine to kill.
  2. gothroach

Yes, because you'd never, ever go for cover in a real firefight. Right?
  3. Sikab

he probably watched too many of these

• Up x 1
  4. Vibe

Never had a problem surviving. If we had bigger HP pools there would be no kills on long range except for the lucky sniper headshots.
    • Up x 1
  5. AutoAir

I couldn't agree more, it was fun the 1st day of release now everyone has uber upgrades 1 hit kills, always seems to know where I am (even in the middle of NOWHERE?!!) LOL and I step outside Im insta killed by a tank, a hovering mothership with uber turrets or a ******* who spent $120 on his armor.
  6. Mansen

I'm going to say politely "No" to that suggestion. The TTK is fine as it is.
  7. carniska

Just a second ago I brusted two clips to a enemy infantry - from behind approx 3 meters away. He turned and shot me couple times and I was dead.

Playing as combat medic and I can survive easily for long periods when I focus to support team mates -- but then I can say good bye for cert points. Otherwise this game is frustrating and unfair.
  8. pretendo

TTK is too low, you're correct. Make it closer to PS1. This isn't CoD
    • Up x 1
  9. ZeePal

I have no problem with dieing too often (even when attacking a main base and my fps is under 20).

Maybe try using cover? try flanking? try stealth? or let someone else be the meat shield.

My miss's is great for distracting tanks while I shoot them with a few rockets :D

EDIT: FYI: she doesnt even die when she does that!
  10. TheShotgun

it isn't ps1 either this is bf3 with more dudes
    • Up x 1
  11. GTGD

It would be nice to have a higher TTK. Between human reaction time, lag, and the quick TTK it is pretty ridiculous that you could be dead before you even know you were taking damage. Just wait until more people unlock the auto-shotguns.
  12. Jourmand1r

Explain to me how "twitch" gameplay is present in a game where the majority of high spec pcs still only produce 25 fps during fights and everyone is teleporting all over the place?
  13. wolfva

Trying to play it causes you to twitch?

<twitch><twitch>
  14. maxkeiser

TTK is about right, I think.

People need to remember this is not BF3 or CoD. You need to think a bit more when playing PS2 - flank, use cover a lot, stick with your team, don't just rush in to areas etc etc.

You can cut down a lot of deaths just by being a bit more intelligent with your play.
  15. ChironV

Depends on your awareness too. I play LA all the time. Many people just don't look up. I have a under barrel grenade launcher too, so if someone stands still for a second I can gib them in one shot. I keep my head on a swivel and never stop moving.

Last night on esamir at a biolab I had my winter camo on and pulled an infiltrator. People just kept stopping. I assume it was because they were looking down and looking for targets. I got 23 headshots in a row.

Rules in this game.
    1) keep moving
    2) look around you scanning for targets
    3) never get tunnel vision looking down your sights

Don't obey the rules, you die.
    • Up x 2
  16. Gavyne

People often don't think of the consequences of what they're asking, because they only think it from a one sided view.

"TTK is too low, I get killed too fast, up the TTK please so I can survive for longer than a few seconds"

But yet nobody ever thinks about the very same people killing you, the people you are having trouble killing, if you up the TTK, they will in turn become even harder to kill. So just what good does that do you? The higher the TTK, the harder it would be to balance the game, we've seen it in MMO's. Planetside 2 right now sits somewhere in between CoD/BF3 and MMO's, it's not FPS fast, but it's not MMO slow. If they do up the TTK, the complaints would shift from "I get killed too fast" to "I can't kill anybody up my damage". Then the devs would be forced to up the damage, and only people happy are the highest dps classes. So then everybody wants higher dps because longer TTK means anything less than optimal DPS would mean you can't kill someone.

TTK right now really is pretty good if you have experience with FPS & MMO's. You can die fast if you get shot in the head, like a FPS game supposed to do. But jamming bullets into people as a heavy assault, it still takes me 3-4 seconds of solid peppering, assuming the opposing enemy isn't doing anything else to evade my shots.

Honestly people should think the cons before saying just to up the TTK's.
    • Up x 2
  17. Jourmand1r

Lol what.
  18. Sonny

I would like slightly higher TTKs. Planetside 1 was better in this respect (although I think it was a bit too long). There was actually a difference between 'light' weapons (e.g. the suppressor, ~ 2-3 second TTK) and 'heavy' weapons (e.g. the jackhammer/chain gun, < 1 - 1 second TTK). Also, the game was generally less frustrating as you had ~ 0.5 seconds at least to react when someone comes around the corner/starts blasting you from behind. Very few 'mystery deaths' - which seem to happen very often in Planetside 2.

For me, the ideal TTK would be one where you can at least turn around to look at the person who is shooting at you (~ 1 - 2 seconds to kill on full burst).
    • Up x 1
  19. Jourmand1r

I don't mind the low TTK, but lets not pretend it takes 2 seconds to kill people.

I've actually been shooting at someone and missed, and ACCIDENTALLY killed a light assault player who just so happened to run into my line of fire.

This games TTK is about where the TTK is in BF3 hardcore mode. Which I don't see as a problem.
  20. Monnor

Upgrate your suit.