Dying in 1 second is no fun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xaragoth, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Xaragoth

Can we please just buff HP quite a bit on Infantry? Dying in 1 second just makes it feel like you spend a lot of time in the respawn/walking instead of fighting part of the game >.>
    • Up x 3
  2. Sikab

simple solution, don't die.

i don't have any problem surviving.
    • Up x 10
  3. Ecko

You need to be aware and examine your surroundings before you run into them all Rambo mode. Running in blindly will cause many deaths.
    • Up x 3
  4. Obelisk95

These threads keep popping up. People need to realise this: things people do with low TTK are tactics. Things people do with high TTK are also tactics. What this argument comes down to is what kind of tactics you prefer. Lower TTK promotes being aware of enemy positions, not charging in blindly, stealth, and coordination, among other things. Meanwhile, larger TTK promotes being aware of obstructions so you don't run into a wall while shooting at an enemy, higher levels of accuracy when shooting at moving targets, manuverability, etc. Personally, I prefer the game the way it is now.
    • Up x 2
  5. Gavyne

It depends who you are fighting. As a heavy assault I'm having to nail a lot of bullets into other targets, more so than in games like BF3 & CoD. But it doesn't take so much where I empty a full clip and the guy's still walking...except unless the target is a MAX.

Also headshots hurt, so are explosives. Some of it takes experience where you just have to get used to playing a FPS game, twitch reflex isn't everybody's thing. Others have to do with working up some certs to boost your armor. Myself I'm using the 20% extra hp boost from nanoweaver armor for my suit. For only 65 certs you can boost your hp by 15%. If you find yourself dying to explosives more, the other may work better for you at reducing explosive damage. So yeah, once you have equipped yourself decently and get used to FPS gameplay, you should last more than a second.

I would say as a heavy assault, where my gun is supposed to rapid fire, it takes roughly 3-4 seconds of solid peppering someone to kill them. That's more than enough time for the enemy to deal as good if not better damage to me. I've had light assaults jump over my head, throwing my shots off, and they end up killing me. You just gotta utilize what your strengths are depending on what your class is.
  6. Crator

Ya, I do prefer higher TTK as well. But I can deal with the current TTK.
    • Up x 1
  7. Xaragoth

The TTK right now is ridiculous, especially since a lot of the weapons don't seem anywhere near balanced. It's pretty annoying and actually is making the game a bit less fun.

Without all the big Platoon action, I'd probably not even care about PS2 anymore. Thus far other players make the game, not the game itself >.>
  8. Grotpar

Could be worse.
    Could be CoD-like TTK.
  9. Xaragoth

10. Nocturnal7x

Lag, if you die in one shot you lagged, unless it was a rocket. Be careful though, no rambo :p
  11. Xaragoth

In 1 second, not 1 shot ;P Lots of NC guns do that :p
  12. Dhart

lol- let's make Sunder spawn points invulnerable while you are at it.

Truth is- if you are dying that fast... you are doing something wrong, fulfilling another class's role, or need to pull back and start from somewhere else.

The only time I put up with constant suicide is if I'm trying to breach base defenses to claim it... and that as a Heavy... otherwise I pick another fight. Maybe you should try that.
    • Up x 1
  13. wolfva

The problem isn't lag, or TTK, or anything else like that...although they do contribute to the problem. The problem is, your opponents are not AI bots that exist solely for you to vanquish like in other games but living breathing people who are trying to kill YOU before YOU kill THEM.

Just look at all the threads on this topic; I have yet to see one that says, "They should change the TTK! I'm killing people to fast!" It's always a complaint about dying to fast. No one minds killing fast. Means we get to kill someone else before they can kill us. Dying though? Dying sucks.
    • Up x 1
  14. Gavyne

It's funny if you read around, it's the TR & VS guns people seem to be complaining about the most. But then the truth is something more like... I died, therefore the other side is overpowered, nerf please.
  15. Phasics

one second is a long time

human reaction time sits around 200-300ms although some can go lower than that gives you 700ms worth of in-game reaction to avoid death

add ping time on top of that 50-400ms give or take and ...

well the morale of the story is don't put yourself in a position where you'll die within 1 second , if you do learn to not do it again ;)
  16. Nocturnal7x

sorry i was bein silly lol.
  17. Xaragoth

Excuse me while I go and hide behind chest high walls like every ******* other game on the planet right now. Because appearently that is how you play shooters these days.
  18. Gawin

Ok so what you want is a game were you walk up to the enemy you start shooting at each other and 1 of you finally die?

Sorry but most of us dont want to play a game like that. The tactics are what makes a game like this fun, using the surroundings so they become your advantage.
    • Up x 1
  19. Tuco

Yeah log off, you won't "put yourself in a position where you'll die within 1 second."
  20. Baleur

No.