[Suggestion] Dress Uniforms and Outfit Decals

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zorro, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Surt

Dress Uniforms? I didnt think we need this. But i want Outfit Deacals so much. This would be so cool. And before that, should Decals be seen on Composite Armor.

Though, is OMFG not finished, i think. Hope they dont forget the Outfit Decals.:(
  2. Makora

I kind of like the idea but then again I don't see much use for it unless you do some sort of public outfit gathering. Usually this resorts into people around crashing gals into the ranks that can take quite a bit of time and communication to set up since you can't actually see yourself in relation to others and remarking that they are "wasting space in the warpgate"

That being said, if you look at the character models, if you take off the helmet, backpack and other such doodads every class besides the infiltrator and MAX share the same model. I think you could count that as the standard uniform. Best place to see would be in the factions trailer. I think.

As for outfit decals, so much yes. Also have them showing up on armors and being separate on shoulders. So, for example, you can have your outfit decal or something else on the left and your rank decal or something else on the right.
  3. TheMightyRed

I would like to see decals that show up while wearing composite armor and outfit decals.
    • Up x 3
  4. Kitakami

Pfff, NC dress uniform!

[IMG]
  5. Chicken Wings

I disagree with the choices for dress uniforms, but I'm not entirely against the idea. It needs different execution.

More particularly, simpler execution.

TR:They already have the Commissar cap, correct? Then we only need a fitting armor type to go along with it. Like I said, though, it should be simple, and not overbearing or archaic. I propose a simple cape, to go over some heavy armor. It comes with some decoration on the shoulders, and hangs over one side more than the other, in order to promote a stylish look as opposed to a superhero look.

NC:I think this is the most difficult, as freedom/space 'merica doesn't really lend itself as much to a dress uniform. The best I could come up with was a pirate hat with a parrot on the shoulder XD

VS:This one is fairly simple. The helmet and armor should both suggest Vanu/alien origins. In a way, an emulation of the race the vanu "worship." In essence, I think the shoulder pads of the Vanu Max would be the main eye-catcher, with an ornate vanu-ish, but simple helmet to go along with it. Something that helps the wearer appear more like the VS logo, in other words.
  6. TheKhopesh

I was thinking something along the same lines a few months back.
    Also, somewhere unique to each faction's garb, it should indicate Battle Rank if at all possible!

The BR indicator would be less for enemies, as they would know when the enemy is killed by you or kills you.
    Instead, it would be so that others can determine that at a glance.
    This would also have great benefit to general armors too, so that people would more easily identify if a friendly was new, and help them determine if he was in need of tips/pointers and basic strategies for the particular situation he's in.

TR need something nice and sharp-looking, something along the lines of s military formal uniform.
    (Like this, but more reds and blacks.)
    BR indicator could be somewhere on the left or right lapel (Somewhere in front, rather than an arm patch on the side, as it shouldn't cover your decal).
    [IMG]

VS are quite slim and elegant, so a flowing (But somewhat close-cut) robe would be quite fitting.
    BR indicator could be on the belt/sache area.

[IMG]

Lastly-
    NC stands for New CONGLOMERATE.
    As in business men.

As such, I would expect (And want) a rich, sleek, expensive looking suit! :D
    I wanna be able to show off what I spend all those bonus checks on.

BR indicator could be a lapel pin or tie-pin/tie-bar.
    (I personally am partial to a handsome & shiny BR indicator tie pin. :p )
    [IMG]
  7. RIctavius

Clearly you haven't seen the grenadier guards.
    • Up x 1
  8. blampoet

going prone in one of those big black fur hats against MG fire would be super much effective indeed o,O
  9. RIctavius

• Up x 1
  10. DorianOmega

Yes Please.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

EDIT: Vanu could get something with robes like this:

http://3.bp.************/_MYsIuqeU2Ic/S8pPh76DC1I/AAAAAAAAAGY/LyBIr6yjhGM/s1600/alaitocfarseer.jpg
    • Up x 1
  11. blampoet

looking through recent UK battle actions I don't see any recent special mention about this unit... training is normal line infantry.... with... 2 extra weeks of drill and ceremony.... heh?

these guys couldn't hold a candle to the para regiments not to speak of SAS and their ilk
  12. DeadliestMoon

No thank you, this is just silly and wont fit into PS's theme.

/thread.
  13. RIctavius

They're older than both, and are the queen's guard.

The Regiment is called the Grenadier Guards
  14. RIctavius

Better paying money for silly things, than hearing the constant pay to win bull flinging about the place.
    • Up x 1
  15. Zorro

Thank you for the support, everyone! Here's hoping SOE will glance at this!

Would you prefer military-themed styles, or would you rather stick with camouflage and other options that do not fit the theme anyway?
  16. blampoet

yeah, i know how it's called.... where can i find some of their exploits?

wiki says they got battle honors in Afghanistan... but their website doesn't mention that... it stops after the 91 gulf war...
    http://grengds.com/static.php?content_id=56
    there are a few individual citations... but very few... can you provide more detail?

even though older is sometimes better (few things beat experience on the battlefield) this unit seems to be mostly seeped in "tradition'' which is not the same....
  17. RIctavius

Ah I know why X3, Afghanistan and Iraq weren't officially wars.
    • Up x 1
  18. blampoet