[Suggestion] Dress Uniforms and Outfit Decals

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zorro, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Zorro

Do you want to look gallant in your heroic charge against the enemy? Do you wish to fit in at a high-ranking officer's ball? Do you desire to be looked up to by your subordinates as having an impeccable sense of fashion? Auraxian Fashion Ltd. is proud to present dress uniforms! Look fancy and upper-class with these handsome uniforms.

Vanu Sovereignty Dress Uniform (purple and green need to be added):
    [IMG]

Terran Republic Dress Uniform:
    [IMG]
    New Conglomerate Dress Uniform:
    [IMG]

Rank for dress uniforms will not be indicated by decals, but by epaulettes and (if high enough rank) braid. All the medals earned will be worn.

In addition, another idea within the subject is decals for outfits. Outfits can make their own specific decals which can be worn by their members and vehicles. Not only will it make identification easier (especially in a crowd), it instills a greater sense of pride into one's outfit. It also goes along with the idea that outfits are professional military bands, similar to orders of knights.

Please let the community know your opinion about these ideas, and feel free to add further suggestions (keep it relevant).
    • Up x 10
  2. irishroy

not bad, but it i think more uniforms mean more work for the CPU in big baddles, so...
    ^^
  3. hardrain1911

/signed......................i have an idea...................
    • Up x 1
  4. Sen7ryGun84

Make your own decals...

D cks! D cks everywhere I turn!
    • Up x 1
  5. Zorro

They would be pre-approved, of course.
  6. AdmiralArcher

i actually like this idea, but i think that this would be better for outfit bases

so imagine if your friends play Planetside 2, and you make a big outfit....say 200+ people, and most are on alot and plan on playing for a while, you could build or rent a server and have a VR training or Nexus style map with rooms for every soldier and everything in there ties into what you earn in game, so certs, medals, trophys you name it, and everything could go into your room, plaques, stands for armor and helmets and that is the eviroment that dress uniforms could be worn, this would also allow for practice areas without noobs, outside of the base you are assigned teams and there is pvp so you can wage little battles, then you could take this training to things like....oh god i have to say the name ....*cringes* MLG.
    • Up x 1
  7. Tommyp2006

Well I for one would like to see SOME kind of new armor this year, Dress uniforms would be a cool idea.
    • Up x 2
  8. JudgeDeath

-1 Dress uniforms

+1 Outfit Decals
    • Up x 5
  9. doombro

If it comes with the bayonets and classy facial hair, it needs to happen.
    • Up x 2
  10. Thorval

I think something that might actually work on the battle field while still appearing formal and or ceremonial would work better rather than these starched pretty fabric things. Maybe Something like an Elite or special forces set of armor. Here's so pretty pictures.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

Stuff that can be iconic of Elite Soldiers, or decorated Veterans.
    • Up x 1
  11. blampoet

"no inspection ready unit has ever passed combat... and battle ready unit has ever passed inspection"
    just saying.

do like the idea of decoration and ribbons and stuff.
    fruit salad would look awesome.
  12. Craftyman

How about some more varied gun models first.
  13. ZeroErrorz

give nc standart heavy kevlar vest with cap and sunglass combo, nc gonna look like a legit spec-ops the way mercenary/(erhm)PMC soldier should look like
  14. ZeroErrorz

all of those remind me of power ranger lol
  15. Syrathin

Agreed although lets leave out the flintlocks, It just wouldn't make much sense being stranded on an alien planet centuries in the future. Would be like seeing a marine carrying a spear with a stone tip but I'm certainly in favor of a dress uniform if for nothing else than the excellent addition it would make for player made videos.

Also the all medals earned will be displayed thing might not be too realistic given the amount of variations and the work that would be involved in making that happen.
    • Up x 1
  16. Zorro

It is not a flintlock, it is a futuristic plasma battle rifle that just happens to look like a flintlock.
  17. Thorval

You know that they want to keep things going into the game as close to what they -actually- might be wearing. Dress uniforms aren't going to be worn.
  18. Zorro

Just ignore the old weapons, they were simply in the pictures I chose. Any military worth its salt will have dress uniforms. In any case, it is better than the hockey masks and camouflage we have now.
    • Up x 1
  19. randomusername146

This thread has now the full attention of the terran authorities!

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  20. Syrathin

That's even worse then it actually being a flintlock, I can support going retro but there's no excuse for applying modern technology to a inferior design. Of course that ideology flies out the window when it comes to classic cars but who could argue with that being a worthy exception. :p

I figured you weren't advocating adding the flintlocks as well but I couldn't not comment on them.:D
    • Up x 1