Don't Expect GU04 To be released tomorrow....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Domonvoi, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Domonvoi

Hot off the twitter feed.....

[IMG] @noone_aa It's looking very likely that it will be delayed a few days. Still working on some of the features and need more QA time.
    • Up x 4
  2. Kon

well of course feb stuff coming mid to late march, by the time april road map stuff is done itll be june
  3. Wasdie

Would rather have more QA and less GU2 problems.
    • Up x 16
  4. RadarX

We'll always announce as far in advance as we can but until you see an official announcement, GU04 is still in the works.
    • Up x 6
  5. Highway_Star

The roadmap doesn't list release dates, it shows the dates where things will become the primary development focus. The April stuff you talk about may not be released until weeks or months later - depends on how long it takes to get the work done.

Similarly the Feb stuff in the roadmap became the focus in Feb, and will be relased when it's ready. Could be this week or even later.
    • Up x 4
  6. Brickwalker

would rather have it released working,rather than broken.
    • Up x 14
  7. Domonvoi

Can I hear a x3 SC sale when it is released to ease our pain Radar :p
    • Up x 4
  8. Gary

Has a patch actually managed to get out on time yet? Seems liek you hype up the patch saying it coming out and then "lol jokes its delayed" ;)
  9. Wobberjockey

Rule #1 of software development:

there are ALWAYS more bugs
    • Up x 11
  10. ABATTLEDONKEY

I for one am glad that higgy posted about the delay. Would rather a working patch be a week late, then a broken patch be early, and I am grateful for the SOE team for their openness and great communication!
    • Up x 3
  11. Chipskream

I think theres a monstrous secret lobby for white-knighting delayed patches with the exact argument above.
  12. Zapon

and maybe a triple xp to go with it? :p
    • Up x 1
  13. ABATTLEDONKEY

busted. your always welcome to the lobby of common sense when your ready.
  14. Laey

IT'S THE VALVE TIME !!!

Oh damn... wait !
    • Up x 1
  15. Gary

I am by no means complaining! I would rather it be ready and as bug free as possible, just curios if they do it deliberately to hype up or genuinely feel they can get it out but then something crops up.

I cannot not think of a content patch that has been ready the day they first said it would be! Perhaps we can get a cake ready and cards and balloons and it can be a big event if it happens :D
  16. Chipskream

If they would actually put an update through QA properly, GU02 wouldnt have been released yet.
    • Up x 1
  17. ABATTLEDONKEY

way to sidetrack............

that is completely irreverent. If they messed up in GU2, then i would hope that they learned from their mistakes by the time GU4 came around. if additional QA is needed, then so be it. Im glad its getting delayed.

So we are still in a place where the delay is beneficial, and your chastising people for understanding that.
    • Up x 1
  18. Vikarius

and yet. they still haven't fixed what they broke in GU2.. some of it gamebreaking.... so much for priorities.
  19. ExarRazor

i hate to be the one who has to say this but...

we don't believe the 'delayed for QA' excuse anymore

every. single. patch that's been 'delayed for more QA time' has come out increddibly buggy, and rbeaks the game for a few days for a large portion of the playersbase.

and im nto talking about obscure bugs, im talking about **** that any lobotomized monkey would have spotted.

bursters creating fireworks on the ground, and lowering FPs for everyone looking the the general direction of it

vehicles shooting blanks

animation errors

all of this would have been extremely easy to spot if you guys actually DID any QA

so yea. we don't buy the 'delayed for QA time' schtick anymore
    • Up x 6
  20. Fox234

"Still working on some of the features and need more QA time."

First time for everything I guess.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.