Dominator

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Doc Jim, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Wrutek

I've been wondering how I got Dominator title too. I don't use vehicles so it's not from any vehicle mayhem. I have no dominations so it's not from dominating others. It's not a rank cause I checked my stripes and there is no stripe / stars combo with that title. Could it be from dominating a map like Esamir? I'm VS and I only stay on Esamir and we did own most of the map atleast one time since I started a couple of weeks ago.
  2. Polskija

I just got my first domination and got this rank for it I suppose. Haven't noticed it before, and I'm 66 BR.
  3. ButhoxC

A wild guess: any of you people happen to own Corsair Dominator RAM?

[Post edited, first thought Dominator was a type of Nvidia card]
  4. Tsuniami

I did some testing and found out that you get the Dominator title by being online as one of your characters while the empire of that character dominates a continent. Only the characters that unlock it can access the title.
  5. jiggu

Is it a Vanu only title? Since it's pretty much only Vanu in this thread. Those guys always do kinky stuff so it'd fit.
  6. Enchman

It's from the World Domination Pre-Season event that happened a while back. If you were VS and you played at all during that time you should have it on your VS.
  7. Demetrios

No, the VS received the title "Skirmisher" for "winning" the WDS pre-season.
  8. SharpeShooter

you get the "Dominator" title when you kill someone 5 times in a row in the same life.
  9. Tsuniami

No, I already made a post about this and I have it on my rank 1 TR character, it's not a VS rank. My TR character has spent all of his time in VR training other than the required few seconds it takes to get to a warpgate console and he has this rank.
  10. Xelsia

I have it on my BR1 VS alt (that has 0 kills) on Connery, but not on my BR82 VS main on Briggs. Wierd
  11. vsae

Dominator is given to winners of WDS preseason. Though the give away system was bugged.
  12. EsDee

That nets you 1 domination in your stats; I'm unsure as to the true requisites of the title as players could technically earn dominations before the experience bonus was added, but as far as I can tell it requires either simply 1 single domination; 1 domination against each of the two opposing factions; or 25 total dominations (the last of which I only include because of dasanfall's medal for the same requirement).
    Unfortunately I can't check for myself if I have the title, but I do have 19 dominations from strictly sniping and haven't noticed it, but I also have stuck with the Immortal title, despite my BR.
  13. Zorva

You guys clearly didn't read the information SOE gave at the beginning of the WDS. They state and I quote:

"Each player of the winning empire for the season will receive an exclusive decal and the temporary title of "Dominator" (which lasts until a new season winner is crowned)"

After the last update the system screwed up and gave the Dominator title to VS and TR soldiers, I haven't heard reports of NC having it yet. I'm sure SOE will fix the title glitch.

See you on the Battlefield,

Zorva
  14. AzureKnight

It does sound like a killstereak title. Like in quake or Halo when the announcer yells "DOMINATING!" Perhaps you had gotten X amount of kills in one life and that's why.

Seems the real reason you get it was just mention :p