Does Oceania really need 8 servers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Prideful, Nov 20, 2012.

1. khai

Singapore is an unusual case in and of itself mainly because of how and when they got the internet thats why I mentioned it depends on the internet's evolution. Besides the fact that the government proxies actually send any traffic they bought their IP range from the US rather then get a new designated range and many if not all of thier proxy servers seem to have kept the BGP settings that designate US routers as neighbors based on IP rather then actually use closer connections this means that routes to the US are given a smaller metric then actually faster routes resulting in packets taking the long way around rather then follow the actual shortest path. Outside of the US army bases scattered around Asia I am pretty sure Korea and definatly Japan follows the more standard setup of connecting routers who are close to each other.
  2. Armante

playing from NZ during the beta I had my best games on the US West servers. Occasional lag, but nothing bad. The single Aus server was pretty barren (prob because it came on so late in the beta) but there seemed to be more.. annoying players. Like people yelling into their voice coms in some horribly distorted asian gibberish when they dive-bombed you with their scythe. think ill stick to US servers ;)
  3. Sentnl

Then get out of this thread you kiwi, sheep loving traitor!

or.. you know.. come to briggs and make friends who understand you ;)
    • Up x 1
  4. RobotJebus

Unsure about the IP address, someone put the servers up in Beta, but I didn't keep a record. Definitely located on shore in AU, I got 23ms from Canberra.
  5. Purg

AU server was 69.174.220.24

Even when the servers went 24/7 at the end of the beta, they were usually down for updates between 7pm and 11pm (our peak gaming times). I used my reserved name on Connery as I think the game play will be better even if the latency is high 100's and will have the legs.
  6. Lokyi

Hah, took me 30 mins to d/l and install. NBN ftw :cool:
  7. Prideful

well i'm playing on Briggs as that was the only AU server i saw. what are those potential servers for? alkali, jagged lance, stillwater etc. ?
  8. Cenumis

So which server are all us Aussies heading too? I don't want to choose a dead server, heh!
  9. Creaturemagic

Still downloading, as is expected for Aussies, but I'm also wondering which server to jump on? I don't want to rank up on a dead server and then have to restart my character on a populated server. So Briggs or Alkali?
  10. Prideful

to all AU/NZ players, play on Briggs. BRIGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Tobias

The AU server is pretty lively right now, at 10am on a weekday. Not too shabby, definitely worth playing on.
  12. Cenumis

Which server, Tobias?
  13. Tobias

The only one.
  14. ShadowFighter88

Give us a name, at least, because the whole point of this thread is that there seems to be a bunch of new AU servers. Were you on Briggs, Rhea, where?
  15. Cenumis

I used teamviewer and logged in from work. He's correct, only 1 server (Briggs).
  16. Tobias

No, there is ONLY ONE au server. I don't know where you guys are getting your info, but Rhea doesn't exist any more. It's just briggs.
  17. Darkzero

Chinese have their own servers localized and handled by The9. There needs to be at least one Asian server for the rest of Asia, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, etc.
  18. Darkzero

Asians got better ping on US west servers than the AU server during beta.
  19. Armante

lol. i'll just make sure not to have a username with 'kiwi' or 'NZ' in it, or otherwise I'll be target practice for all you aussies ;)
  20. perspicacious

Does Oceania need servers?.....

Does US need servers?
    Does EU need servers?

Don't insult my ******* intelligence.