Does Oceania really need 8 servers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Prideful, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Prideful

During the beta there was only one AU server and it never went further than "Low". Would 8 servers kinda split the pop. a bit too much? IDK, Oceanics which servers are you gonna play? I'm prolly gonna make my char on Alkali (since its first on the list) then make an alt on a less populated server
  2. KurenaiAkuma

8 is definetly overkill i can see there maybe two main servers that will reach high the rest are gonna be screwed ill join you on alkali buddy
  3. bishopau

Is Alkali first on the list?
  4. Sentnl

There's only one AU server. The list you see in the launcher is all POTENTIAL servers :)

Also, the AU server went to medium at the end of beta. I saw it.
    • Up x 1
  5. perspicacious

We need room for all the high pinging / hacking asians!

Lets face it, chinese/russians have a rep for that...
  6. KurenaiAkuma

i never noticed it go up personally it was pretty dead apart from those good few hours in our peak time
    • Up x 1
  7. Sukumei

I really hope so. It would be a lot easier to get people on.
  8. Sentnl

Don't have to hope, because what I say is true!
  9. KurenaiAkuma

Readying my pitchfork just incase
  10. khai

Are any of these servers for china? but think about it Oceana is basically saying Asia so you have Japan and Korea in there if this were to take off 8 may not be enough.
  11. Sentnl

Oceania isn't "asia", not even close. I would imagine Korea, not sure about Japan, would get better pings to US east (maybe west).
  12. KurenaiAkuma

i know for a fact singapore gets pretty horrible ping with au servers atleast
  13. Rossinna-Sama

8 servers for AUS?

Uhm... considering most of us ain't even awake right now, and the fact that it will take most of us a few hours to download the game due to our less than stellar download speeds... I'd say that I'm not surprised the servers are a bit barren right now.

Give it some time. Besides, it is better to have too many servers than not enough.
    • Up x 1
  14. khai

Your serious? Your claiming that Korea is better connected to US east? You do know where Korea is right? It's literally the other side of the world, I mean you cannot get further away no matter which direction you go. Due to the layout of underwater cables and the evolution of the internet as it spread it is possible that it may get better results off a US west server then an Ausie one but even then it shouldn't and that is assuming the Oceania servers are even in Australia. Even then I would not bet on it.

Singapore is a wierd one with the proxies and firewalls the government has put in place I don't think that anywhere has an excelent connection from Singapore.
  15. KurenaiAkuma

if anyone has the ip adress for the new servers i think some pings would be in order =)
  16. Sentnl

I only said it because I know 'some' people in SG get better pings to to US than AU, because some people are routed through the US to AU anyway.. and SG is much closer than Japan or Korea.

EDIT: You would have to ping the servers yourself.
  17. khai

SG?
  18. Sentnl

Singapore.
  19. Morro

It's probably to ensure the denizens of Atlantis also get space to play PS2
  20. Katana

Which is in its entirety me a hobo a roo and some drop bears. 1 server will do.
    • Up x 1