[Suggestion] Do you find the game difficult anymore?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jake the Dog, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Jake the Dog

Just curious, I've been having a tough time having a challenging time in PS2 especially if I'm in my MBTs, sometimes cutting through a dozen enemy tanks/aircraft/whatever before someone comes along thats actually challenging. Does anyone else have this issue? I get verrry tired of killing absurdly low BRs with my heavily certed tanks.
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

Then run stock for a while.
  3. AxiomInsanity87

^This.

You could message them and give tips as well.
  4. RedArmy

well, its not that its not hard anymore. its that all thats left is a few of the "big dogs" and a bunch of chihuahuas. Dont get me wrong, a bunch of little yippie things still hurt if there are enough of them. But ive notice the big guys typically roll in a pack and people tend to avoid them.
  5. TheFlamingLemon

I have no trouble finding a challenge. There's a simple way to be challenged:

1: Don't play Harasser, Liberator, MBT, or Heavy Assault.
    2: Profit.
  6. Pelojian

Unless you are facing ether organized players or zergs the difficulty is moderate to easy, when you are fighting low BRs only it's easy going since you know things they don't and they can't defend against tactics and terrain advantages they don't know about.
  7. RainbowDash9

i make my own challenges. use an mbt and the only way im allowed to repair is with auto repair and fire suppression, stalker cloak runs with blackhand at close range, etc. it IS a sandbox game after all. remember the whole "make war stories"? "maaaan this one time i was an mbt and survived 40 minutes without repairing with my plastic gun"
    • Up x 1
  8. Weterman

I used to be good at the lightning, but the game got too broken for me to even try anymore. I would be able to take out a single vanguard lots of times. If you want a challenge, then use the lightning instead. Lol the only reason I got so good at the lightning is because the mag isn't practical. Impossible to dodge shots because of slow strafing, you have to look the direction you're going. I got more kills as lightning.
  9. Jake the Dog

Im good with all tanks lightning included lol

Im not likely going to be taking off stealth, the only "nerf" to myself i might do is just run HE...

I have taught new players how to tank before. I guess i could do more tank training.
  10. AxiomInsanity87

Stealth+lockdown or stealth and fire suppression for me.

I am an infantry scrublord though most of the time.
  11. Jake the Dog

You will never catch my prowlet without lockdown.
    • Up x 1
  12. Beerbeerbeer

I like easy. All you vets need to play light assault or any non-heavy class, leave your protective-cocoon squad, with your damn ring of motion sensors, medics, maxes and play solo so I can kill you, easily.

Go hard mode.
  13. LodeTria

Battle sundies are fine though?
    MAX?

OP, do you put yourself in dangerous situations often? When I find myself getting bored driving me harasser I start to put it into more dangerous scenarios like fighting 60%+ enemys who have a heavy vehicle presence just for the thrill of making it out alive of those situations.

Also since you're mostly TR try avoid using lockdown. I find it gets very boring very fast just sitting at range like a pleb. Also don't be one of those gits who sit in a harasser 500 meters from anyone plinking everything with the GK. It's so boring when I do it I find myself driving closer anyway to keep the boredom at bay.
  14. Blue_Shift

^^ this there are BR 100s that only make sure to play in the most advantageous way.. With Squads, With a Strong Presence. They Play deep only with the right people and play shallow to rack up kills for peopole daring enough to get to close to the enemy concentration areas.
  15. TheFlamingLemon

Yeah. Level 100s who max out cheese to farm kills, it's almost like cheating. It's certainly as bad for gameplay as most cheaters.
  16. AxiomInsanity87

There's also plenty of random players who for whatever reason, would rather play with randoms in an uncoordinated and antisocial fashion where no real strategy and tactics are used beyond being told where to zerg by the games pointers.

These people reap what they sow and it's no different in any game with clan or guild function. They are at the mercy of randoms and random play is wrecked by those who prefer a bit of order and strategy to how they play.

Those who dare to get close enough to a coordinated group of players do so at their own risk. There's nothing an LA with c4 can't change anyway ;)
  17. Eternaloptimist

Have you mastered all the challenges you are interested in? I got stale as HA and Sniper so I swiched to playing more Stalker Infil and LA (things I was never good at). After that I've still got flying and tanks to try. And for relaxation or cert farming I now play Engie. When I am feeling less ambitious I just run a new weapon, usually one of the less well regarded ones, and try to get good results with it. But if you've done all that I don't know what to suggest. You could try forming an outfit and zerging Hossin. that might envourage more people to fight there in opposition to you. Or at the very least lock it down quickly so that one of the other continents opens more quickly. In other words, you could try some Pro Bono gaming if you are inclined to be charitable. Forunately for me I am such a sub-par player that there is a long list of challenges to keep me interested.
  18. DarkStarII

Oh wow, so that's why it is so difficult to play. I never realised that I was playing hard mode this whole time. Who knew? I certainly didn't...
    • Up x 1
  19. Jake the Dog

Lol, my medic is almost auraxiumed on my TR main brother XD. I was a notoriously good medic in my outfit, a while back.
    A friend of mine and myself have been discussing building an armor centric outfit, on Emerald TR. I'm not the best at platoon leading though, because when I get in my tank my focus tends to narrow.
    I only use cheese against cheese. You pull hornets, I pull Tomcats. You pull shotguns, I pull shotguns. I will never use HE.
  20. Jake the Dog

Playing classes other than HA is not all that bad, its honestly more fun.