Do not let this version of the Enorcer modified c85 go live!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fredfred, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Fredfred

From PTS:
    [IMG]

LIVE:
    [IMG]

FWIW LIVE:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 16
  2. RHINO_Mk.II

So, basically, it's a renegade with:

60% RoF
    Less damage per pellet
    Slower reload
    Worse damage drop-off at short range
    2 more pellets per shot
    Slightly higher muzzle velocity
    "Fully automatic" - for those of us who can't click twice per second

I love how the damage falloff starts at 10m and maxes out at 40m. It's not a goddam infantry weapon. If someone is within 10m of your tank they are in range to throw C4 onto it. Unbelievable.
    • Up x 49
  3. blampoet

why not?
    OP?
  4. gigastar

400m/s up from 225m/s isnt "slightly" no matter how you cut it.
    And its +4 pellets, not +2.

Also does anyone have the stats for the previous live version of the C85?
    • Up x 2
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

400 up from 300, I was comparing it to the crappy Renegade. And yes, that is only "slightly" - it's the same difference between a scattercannon and a mattock, something you'll never see in combat.
    • Up x 14
  6. Fredfred

I neglected to mention. On the PTS, it no longer does damage to heavy armor.
  7. Goretzu

Hmm..... it might be slighty better against infantry, but it's still going to be the worst weapon of its type. :(

When you consider the other faction AI weapons and even how good some of the AV weapons are at AI..... it is bizarre at how afraid they are off buffing it.

I mean they'd have to ridculously buff it to make it as good as the Marauder for instance.
    • Up x 13
  8. NinjaTurtle

SOE just don't get it do they.

Shotguns as an AI weapon on a vehicle is a terrible idea. Just remove it completely and add a new weapon. Is NC that hard to make stuff for that there is no more imagination at SOE other than SHOTGUNZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    • Up x 31
  9. CNR4806

SOE has done it. They actually managed to nerf a useless weapon to make it even more useless.

Why don't you just let SOE do it, they're doing some excellent service in your interest, ie. yelling "Don't buy this POS!"
    • Up x 25
  10. huller

They also nerfed the claymore before (GU4) and the pounders (PTS).

What were you expecting?

On another note, i believe I called this a month or so back :eek:
    • Up x 5
  11. Bape

You gotta to be ******** me? This is the ****** buff they are gonna give us? Okay we all know how the NC buff is gonna go don't expect a buff but actually expect a nerf.

my god SOE ......
    • Up x 15
  12. IronWarrior

They gave it more Pellets, so it's not nerfed.
    • Up x 2
  13. Azarga

:eek:

I hope they won't forget to replace Reaver's Vortek with AC-X11 to balance this amazing buff, otherwise NC will be blatantly OP.
    • Up x 8
  14. HadesR

As an AI weapon wouldn't it be better off working as the old cannon ball shrapnel shot ? Exploding on impact or after a timed fuse for " shotgun " AOE dmg
    • Up x 6
  15. EliteEskimo

You heard it here first folks, the completely in context quoted seal of approval of the new Enforcer Modified was given by RHINO a member of the NC. Nice thing is that after this buff goes live we can all finally agree that NC will be fine because of the asymmetrical balance of how OP this weapon will make up for everything else wrong with the NC.

[IMG]
    • Up x 12
  16. Bankrotas

Well they are really asking for a war at this point.
    • Up x 2
  17. Goretzu

Almost anything would be better to be honest.

The shotgun just doesn't really work as an AI vehcile weapon, at least not unless you buff it to insanely godly proportions.

If it took out everything in a 30 degree arc of the weapon for 40m it would be useful (as canister might IRL - to a greater range, of course), but then it would be deemed OP.
  18. Naduron

Check the stats again.. It's a insane nerf..
    Fire Rate: 180 RPM to 120 RPM
    Damage: 150 to 134
    Max Range: 100m to 40m
    Damage at Max Range: 125 to 70

In other words it cant kill anything at 40m now..
    Target must be 10m from the tank to be able to kill them in 1-3 shots.
    SoE has turned it into a snowball machine.
    • Up x 17
  19. Dinapuff

*tis the season to be jolly after all. ^^

We didn't ask for much. We simply asked to have our own version of the fury / marauder with a slower rate of fire similar to the bulldog... SOE SAYS NO. Your faction gets shotguns.
    • Up x 5
  20. HadesR

Obviously the top 1% of NC players who they base balance off were very good with the weapon .. The rest of you are SoL :p
    • Up x 28