[Suggestion] Digital Plumb Bob for vehicle sights

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EvilKoala, Jan 8, 2013.

1. EvilKoala

In the steep rocky terrain of Indar, I often find myself sitting on a hillside shooting at a target with jagged mountain sides obscuring the horizon. It's often difficult to tell exactly which direction is down. It'd be nice if the drop ladder in the vehicle sights would rotate to act as a digital plumb bob.
  2. forkyar

no,deal with it.
  3. bluEyedillusions

I believe having to adjust for things like that is part of the skill required to play/use vehicles. Letting it rotate to compensate would be, I think, a bad decision.

Vehicles are arguably already too easy to farm with.
  4. Rothnang

I agree, it's stupid to have a sight in your vehicle that has marks for long shots, but only works well if your vehicle is sitting absolutely flat on the ground. The sight should rotate so that the markings always point down.

The skill in using vehicles shouldn't come from how well you can compensate for gunsights that don't work half as well as what people had in WW2.
  5. EvilKoala

I don't think that not knowing which way is directly down given no visual indications has anything to do with "skill". Skill comes in judging distance and knowing how far to holdover for a shot to hit. Adding this feature doesnt change that and will only save you from having to fire that initial round to gauge which way it falls.