Difficulty levels of the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Some1, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Some1

VS - Easy
    NC - Medium
    TR - Hard

Why is this? Is it the weapons, type of player, amount of players on the server or just straight up bad game design. What do you think?

It might be just me but I find in any one on one, as a VS, I will almost always win indefinitely. No matter what the other player might try I will always win the battle. Now when I am playing tr or nc its completely reversed and I have no chance to beat a VS players who's been playing for more then a week. to me it just feels like there weapons aren't as good.
  2. AzureKnight

I'd actually put the TR in the medium category in terms of guns. The only reason TR has it hard is due to population.

And going from the NC's high recoil to the TR's smaller but more random recoil, I'd take the random small recoil as it's still easier to control overall.
    • Up x 2
  3. Alarox

Hard: My faction
    Easy: The faction I think is OP
    Medium: The remaining faction
    • Up x 53
  4. Posse

FTFY
    • Up x 1
  5. Phyr

NC- Easy
    VS- Purple
    TR- Hats

My list is just as valid as yours.
    • Up x 8
  6. Runegrace

You rate the TR as Hard Mode, and have a TR forum avatar...interesting how the hardest, most skill-intensive faction is the one that the person plays.

Faction difficulty is actually based on population more than anything else. Highest pop is easiest, and actually middle pop is usually hardest. The low pop often focuses on you since they stand a better chance, resulting in a lot of 2v1 empire fights for the middle child. At least that's my impression on Waterson. NC is usually over-pop with TR middle, but sometimes TR will be the over-pop and then NC trails in alerts. Vanu has generally had less pop, but tends to reach second place a lot. Might be different on other servers, though.
  7. SiosDashcR

To be fair, Strikers, Lockdown (MAX/Prowler), Fractures, Vulcan and the Mini-chain gun, blows.
  8. Runegrace

Strikers - Needs a totally mechanic change
    Lockdown - MAX needs faster transition time. Prowler Anchored Mode is fine if you have some foresight.
    Fractures - Needs more velocity. Effective range is only comparable to other faction's 2nd gen AV when in Lockdown, which gets you killed.
    Vulcan - Tank version could use a close-range damage buff to solidify its knife-fight AV role.
    MCG - Needs better accuracy at full auto so that more than 5% of your bullets hit.

My general opinion.
    • Up x 1
  9. AzureKnight

Iunno why people say the chaingun blows. In about 10 combined hours since I got it, I've gotten 132 kills with it. Considering I wasn't playing HA all that time, and not even a quarter of it, I don't think that's bad...
  10. SiosDashcR

Regardless of how they change it.

That's not including the Sh*tstorm (Hailstorm).

Thing is with our weapons is that, I wouldn't mind if they were as is.. if not for the fact that the NC/VS (imo) have it bested under the same category.

New MAX AVs: Fractures v. Ravens v. (Whatever this was. The laser thingy) - Fractures get pooped on.

Faction Specific AV: Vulcan v. Enforcer v (Whatever this is. Pew pew thingy) - Vulcans aren't super effective unless at close range, which the Vanguard just pops and a shield and goes "lul" or a Magrider bursts the f*ck out of there.

Faction Specific MAX Abilities: Lockdown v. Shields v. ZOE - Kinda a tie, imo. Although Lockdown is only great if you have 3 Engineers on your *** to make yourself worth going into lockdown mode. You're an easy target for a Vanguard though. Although it is great against AA (w/ Bursters)

Faction Specific Vehicle Utility: Lockdown v. Shields v. Magburner - Shields are WTF mode. Renders our Vulcan near useless. Magburner, not as much of an issue. But in terms of straight vehicle to vehicle combat... Lockdowns are near useless. It's meant to be set up from a considerable distance where you won't be flanked or at least have a ****ton of support.

Faction Specific HA Weapons: MCG v. Jackhammer v. Lasher - Jackhammer wins. Lasher comes in close w/ the MCG but at least you can get considerable infantry assists with it and deny a (small) area. MCG? Not as much.

Faction Specific Submachine guns: Hailstorm v. Sirius v. Blitz - Last I checked, Hailstorm is big poo-poo.

This is my general opinion about how TR fairs against the other factions' similar categorical stuff. Feel free to correct my grammar and sentence structure (just typing as I think).
    • Up x 2
  11. SiosDashcR

Compared to the Jackhammer? You'd do much better with the Jackhammer. Lasher isn't really meant so much for kills as it is suppression (but at least it has splash).

Just because a weapon is usable, that doesn't mean it's equal in power to its other factions' equivalents.

My mate has an Auraxium Medal on the Renegade Flash. Does this mean the Renegade Flash isn't bad? No -- Far from it. It's poop.
  12. TheShrapnelKing

Tanks - Easy
    Aircraft - Medium
    Infantry - Hard

That's more accurate than faction comparisons, don't you think?
    • Up x 2
  13. gobbybobby

hard mode FTW!
  14. Paperlamp

MAX doesn't need a faster transition lockdown, it needs something other than lockdown.

MAX pretty much has to strafe rockets to be reasonably successful at AI. It's a little unfair that VS and NC's are useful for all roles(they're not great but better than lockdown), while lockdown is only a consideration for AA/AV most of the time and even for that it's questionable and risky.

Also MBTs going for close range role is suicide - there basically is no "close range prowler" there's just "a stupid loadout". Especially against NC 'cause they can winshield and ...win. Vulcan needs to not be a close range weapon if it's ever going to sit on my prowler, because the prowler is not good for roaming/flanking as it's too fragile and lacks the mobility of the magrider to make up for that.

Or they could make the prowler more suited for closer ranges but that means lockdown has to go and some other changes probably.

MCG I don't even know, I'll probably never use it unless the spin-up is removed or reduced.
    • Up x 3
  15. LibertyRevolution

[IMG]
    • Up x 12
  16. Dis

Planetside 2: Easy
    Tying your shoes: Medium
    Quake/Tribes/Unreal: Hard
    • Up x 5
  17. Some1

Just clear some things up

I dont play TR very much as some people assume I do because of the avatar I have chosen... I like the big frowny face the guy has because he knows whats up.

I dont have a "main". I just like to enjoy the game with what ever I feel like playing.

But dont mind me, I'm just hear to read what others think.
    • Up x 1
  18. McToast

Moin

NC is a bit harder for the below average player (who makes over 50% of the population), but as soon as you hit an average skill-level it doesn't really matter anymore. NC doesn't really have "high recoil". NC weapons do have a bit recoil while TR and VS have next to no recoil. Factions are closely balanced imho, server population is another matter.
    • Up x 5
  19. AzureKnight

Well, you can't really compare the lasher, jackhammer and MCG in any field other than they're ES HA weapons. I mean... lasher is a slow firing suppression weapon that apparently works for armor. very situational. The Jackhammer is a strictly CQC shotgun meaning only in CQC combat where half their team is going to run in front of them. 1 shotgun to the head is always going to be all guns save launchers. A smart user is going to ditch the gun outside of 24-48+ battles. The MCG is a short to medium range LMG variant that works decently at longer ranges so long as you aren't always holding the fire button down. And the fact that it has sniper rifle accuracy if you can manage to fire no more than 2-3 shots in burst does give it a leg up over the other two at longer ranges. Though, agreeably, it's no replacement for the CARV or some other LMGs.

But in the end, the effectiveness is in the hands of the user, right? Doesn't matter what gun you use, in the hands of someone who uses it, a turd can lay waste to an entire squad with ease if you're adept with it.
  20. Fangry

TR has the worst faction abilities and its about the only thing I wish they did NOT copy from PS1
    Anchor is never good, cause it means your dead the instant they come behind you or they just overpower you from the front and the devs saw this in PS1 and gave TR MAX a 2nd ability "overdrive?", which made whatever MAX weapon you have on, shoot faster for a short time, but not as fast as when anchored
    Thats the same thing Prowlers should have
    TR have fire speed, so Prowler should be able to fire faster while driving
    Vanguard have the ability to make itself immortal for a few seconds, while driving and shooting
    Magrider have mavueverbility (yes typo) and afterburner

I know I gone slightly off-topic, I have way more experience with prowler, when it comes to hitting targets, so I find that the easiest to use, with magrider 2nd and vanguard 3rd (long distance cause close range they about the same)

With air I find the Scythe easiest (hover ability), Reaver 2nd (blockiness 3rd person) and Mossie just a mess, so I never fly it

Infantry I prefer NC > VS > TR, in order of easy to use, again this is for me and i have played TR for 10 years

MAX, NC have best special ability and make you survive longer, I find this the easiest to use
    Not used VS max, but I get killed by them a lot
    TR is only good with support and I rarely get killed by them when playing NC/VS (when they alone, cause their damage is ****)

If I were to set up my own faction, I would have mostly NC weapons, with prowler and scythe