Did anyone see a deployed MAX lately?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gunfox, Aug 3, 2013.

1. -Synapse-

Prowler lockdown was crap before the MAX update.

Everyone begged for something original. unique, or at least inspired in some way.

Then NOPE, useless lockdowns for everyone.

Might as well have added this while you were at it SOE:

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  2. MasterOhh

I've never seen a locked down TR Max! There is allways a solid wall of Fracture Rockets blocking my view :(
  3. Zombekas

No, but I've seen plenty TRs deploying their strikers -_-

Achem.
  4. Stew360

ZOE should never ever have been implemented in the first place , exactly like overexagerated Resist shield and nanopweave armor value Stackable NW and resistshield resistance and so on ...

ZOE is a awefull balance issue between maxs and infantry the damage nerf isnt significant enough to worth the mobility same for the mag riders and same for pretty much anything that is VS ...

Stats sheets in many cases dosent mattters all that matter is how efficient it could be in the skilled players hands , thing migth get balance better when MLG ps2 come at its birth , this migth point out some serious balance issue for real
  5. Ripshaft

See it every day, usually only used very effectively from the long time max users though, noobs tend to use it stupidly thinking it's just a power boost and get pwnt. Ah well, always the forum for guys like that.
  6. Reaver027

I still think it is funny that the Devs learned nothing from PS1.
    We had the same problems there and eventually we got a capacitor that allowed us to use an overcharge ability for a short amount of time.
    • Up x 1
  7. Midnightmare

theres one spot in the biolab that sometimes is okey for lockdown :p but think i saw one a few days doing AA.
  8. WUNDER8AR

A actually saw a lot of AI MAXs with lockdown on Esamir trying to set up defenses in the new designed bases lately. Unfortunately they all died to C4 fairies rather quick.
  9. Midnightmare

It sortof does take a stance that makes them look ready for either pooping or **** sex.Not sure who designed the lockdown stance it looks so stupid, that alone would scare people from doing the lock down........nobody wants to send gay signal in a army :p
  10. LordCreepy

Deploy works good with bursters.
    Bordline okish with anti tank - if the tank can hit at all you'll die within seconds.
    against no brainer infantry its ok - against anyone with a brain its a deathwish.

The Charge is the better option in 95% of all situations.
  11. RocK2K86

I just can't understand why they haven't at least tried a couple of simple fixes.

1, Give the NC MAX with Aegis shield use of offhand weapon so it's a slow push that people actually back away from...instead of being a harmless target to shoot at...

2, Give TR MAX lockdown a regenerating shield like normal infantry that could double health (after all you're immobile and an easy C4/rocket target) and regenerate very quickly when not taking damage after a short few seconds (so it takes concentrated fire to dislodge these IMMOBILE, LARGE target) Maaaybe increase time it takes to lockdown and disable? and shield only activates when locked down. Anyone?

Bare in mind I play VS...I'd like to see the others given a little more oomph.
    • Up x 1
  12. Konstantinn

As NC I still haven't seen this "deployed max" unicorn you speak of. As you mentioned ZOE on the other hand, I can't seem to shoot anywhere without hitting one, yet hardly ever kill them either.
    • Up x 1
  13. Spude

Well the anchor mode only works against noobs attacking and its death sentence deploying urself while there are C4 guys around there / heavys with decimator.

Charge is the best ability for TR it can be used to offensive or defensive. Lockdown only defensive for defending a point.

Only use for lockdown is as AA max and with fractures in large open battle where are many vehicles.

AI lockdown is not worth it.
  14. Excretus Maximus

o_O
  15. Paisty

I actually use lockdown on my max. It is very situational though. When used with about 14 other players locked down in pre-designated positions, they can be effective at defending inside a biolab.

Though each locked down max must have it's own engineer for repairs and ammo, since you cannot run to the ammo box on the ground. Each wall of maxes also needs a medic or two to chain rez them also. o_O

You need a wall of lockdown maxes pointing in one direction, with another wall directly behind them facing in the opposite direction, while everyone uses suppression fire on every possible entrance to the room. Also the maxes must be at least 40 meters form the entrances you are suppressing, or infantry can C4 your entire line.

But the problems in this setup are very simple to see.

1. You must survive to get into position. Lockdown is worthless for attacking, since you cannot move.
    2. Any allies not in your group will run directly into your suppression fire. So be sure to have enough maxes to hold your position when your guys start getting weapon locked.(and no if you stop shooting the LA's will C4 your entire group, our TTK is just enough that with a 40 yard kill zone, enemy infantry will be dying at your feet. I have had melee battles with ZOE maxes while locked down, thanks engi's)
    3. You need 3 competent squads(maxes, engi's and medics) just to lockdown one room such as the SCU shield gen room.

Now, outside of biolabs lockdown is pretty worthless. When using fractures against vehicles you cannot stay in one place long enough to deploy and re-mobilize, you will be dead by the vehicles main gun or even better simply run over.

Lockdown is nice with bursters, but any mediocre or better pilot will simply attack you from behind once they know you are there.

Overall Lockdown is an issue that SOE should but never will address. The same mechanic on a prowler is also mediocre especially with the new base designs that negate the prowlers empire specific ability.

But in all honesty, i do not believe SOE will ever address the issues of the 3 maxes abilities.

ZOE is devastating everytime I use it. With no engi support and just nanite repair 4, I can wreck enemies using the positioning lessons I learned from lockdown. At least make it a timed ability with a cooldown, ffs lockdown has deploy times. un-deploy times and a cooldown.

Aegis is a bad joke, just shoot the guy behind the shield in the exposed feet and you do as much damage as shooting him in the chest.

SOE is too busy trying to stem the bleeding of players from the game, to worry about things like the above. I mean it's not like balance is important to the longevity of the game. (/sarcasm off)

How hard would it be to take 2% off of the timer for every attacker within the (extended radius, hopefully) of a cap point upto say 30'ish %. Now the attackers will be camping the point instead of the spawn room. But these simple thoughts seem beyond the dev's. It's just a logical progression of the systems we had in March, that were ripped out of the game.

So they ignore anything posted in their own forums(aka these forums) and implement things posted on forums sprinkled in small corners of the web.
    • Up x 1
  16. TheRighteous

I haven't ever seen a deployed MAX. I play NC. In my opinion both lockdown and Aegis shield need buffs. **** ZOE :/
  17. deggy

I see them all the time...Whenever I try to C4 them their support kills me.

Yes, support. That IS what you're supposed to do to a friendly MAX unit. Support it. Expecting a solo deployed MAX to do anything is unrealistic. A solo ZOE doesn't get much done, either.

On a less inflammatory note, you could use a substantial defense buff while deployed. I'm thinking increased explosive resist to survive a brick of C4, slightly increased small-arms and direct-impact. But the C4 resistance is something you definitely need.

Or we could just do what would actually be good for the game and take C4 the hell out of it :p
  18. Rikkit

a few days ago i see 2 deployed maxes on esamir. it take a while to kill them and recap the A point.
  19. TeknoBug

ZOE = everybody point and shoot at him!
    Lockdown = spam UBGL and rocket launchers
    Shield = RUN!
  20. Zombekas

Yeah, I think they deployed them in the useless ability department, you should go look there.
    • Up x 1