[Suggestion] DEVS!!! LOOK AT THIS!!! NEW ES HEAVY GUNS!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nifa92k, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Nifa92k

2. xMaxdamage

Dude...
    • Up x 4
  3. Nifa92k

Wouldnt u want a bigger gun than that?
  4. Liewec123

unless its a shotgun that fires smaller shotguns then i'm not interested! ;)

in seriousness though it looks like you've really thought about these guns, i love the doodles too! :)
  5. Gundem

When looking at creating a new set of ES weapons, you have to look at more then the faction trait alone. For example, when I am thinking of new ES weapons, after I visualize a concept that is congruent with it's particular faction's faction traits, then I look at what niche's are missing in that faction's arsenal.

Consider the current heavy weapons. The NC is a highly offensive weapon, pretty much a shotgun on steroids. The TR is a middle ground between suppression and offensive firepower. The VS is a stronger suppression tool that sacrifices pretty much any 1v1 capabilities.

So, when designing ES Heavy weapons, I would look to create some Empire Flair'd solutions to each empire's arsenal. I would want a more suppression oriented weapon for the NC, and a more offensively oriented weapon for the VS. For the TR, we would go middle ground again, except with emphasis on the nature of the class, the Heavy Assault, making it a more powerful in exchange for more mobility.

Another tip is to look at existing ES weapons to ensure that your stats aren't absurd either. That Minigun would be the most OP as **** gun to ever exist with those stats, the fastest TTK guns in the game, the GD-7F and the Serpent, have 845RPM with 143@10m. 3000RPM with 200@10m would mean that gun would kill over 3x as fast as the fastest TTK weapon in the game currently, which has a TTK of less then .4 seconds.

I see where you are going, but they still need some work. Keep trying!
    • Up x 3
  6. Campagne

Every time someone suggests a shotgun as a new weapon for the NC, I die a little inside.

As for the weapon itself, a 2-second chamber time on a bolt-action weapon makes for a horribly UP CQC weapon, and a one-hit-kill with bodyshots up to 30m is horribly OP. :confused:
  7. Lord_Avatar

8. Nifa92k

lol guys the whole point of these weapons are for EXTREME OP-ness. I made these stats intentionally OP. The thing is you only get to do that for a certain amount of time. WIth the Chaingun, ur waiting 2.5 secs before spitting bullets for only 6 seconds. With the shotgun, the chamber time is pretty long and someone could kill u easily within 2 the 2 seconds. I'm hearing no complaints for the VS one so i assume you guys like the idea.

Anyways, thx for the feed back and keep me posted
  9. Jubikus

Eh they seem cool but personally as a TR player im not a fan of spraying all my ammo that fast i like the feel of just constantly firing.
    [IMG]
    I like the idea of Huge times between shots and slower movement being the drawbacks as it will make them feel like actual HEAVY WEAPONS. The only worry i have tho is that long refire times punish shorter range weapons more than long range ones which is why the VS probably dont have any issues with theirs.
    • Up x 1
  10. Imp C Bravo

Drawings are cool. Labors of love.
    • Up x 1
  11. tijolo

A little overperforming, don't you think?
  12. AxiomInsanity87

I really like these, a lot.

These are the kinds of things we need to emphasize roles. These weapons would favour the true heavy players and the downsides are that they will get you wrecked if you're not smart.
    • Up x 1
  13. Nifa92k

thats the point ;)
  14. Pelojian

you claim to look for niches that factions are lacking when you are thinking of weapons and yet you turn around in the same post with 'NC and VS should get a niche filled, but TR has to have something like already have just reskinned'

you are fine with filling a ES heavy weapons niche as long as it goes along with your faction bias and leaves the TR in the cold with a weapon they already have a niche for.

TR does not need a new skin for the MCG.
  15. Jacques Cayton II

TR use bullets. You can only go so far with bullets.......
  16. thebigbortishbort

i want a shoulder slung gatling gun , maybe in place of the rocket launcher , do (really ) pissy damage to vehicles and shoot really fast , may be pointless but it would be different front the mcg?
  17. Pelojian

this is a futuristic shooter, they can have railguns and lasers if they want to add them in a balanced manner.

all you really have to do is design what you want and then adjust it to fit the faction theme. TR version of lasher? = on contact detonation grenade launcher, TR version of jackhammer = CQC high rate of fire rifle with good bullet damage at the same time.

you figure out how to apply the aesthetic so it fits the faction, just cause you can't think a way of doing it doesn't mean there isn't a way.
  18. Gundem

Are you an alt of that wonderful fellow who said opposing a server merge was racist? Because you are sounding like one.

Look, if you think you are so good, why don't you go post an idea for an ES Heavy Weapon for the TR that follows the same structure as the one I posted. Since the current MCG is already a middle-ground between suppression and offence, it's a lot harder to find a balance between the two when creating a new concept.

TR guns are basic, bland and un-intuitive. Don't blame me for having a harder time coming up with something unique for them.
    • Up x 1
  19. Nifa92k

lol guys in my opinion, the mcg is weak. my armistice fires faster XD like we need something better to define the tr. And its not a reskin did you look at the stats?????
  20. Nifa92k

lol guys in my opinion, the mcg is weak. my armistice fires faster XD like we need something better to define the tr. And its not a reskin did you look at the stats?????