[Suggestion] DEVS!!! LOOK AT THIS!!! NEW ES HEAVY GUNS!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nifa92k, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Nifa92k

lol guys in my opinion, the mcg is weak. my armistice fires faster XD like we need something better to define the tr. And its not a re-skin did you even bother look at the stats????? not trying to sound like a dk but dont come in here with feedback if you dont know the stats.

What im seeing is "We have the mcg. Hes making another mcg. ITS JUST A RESKIN! WHY DO WE NEED ANOTHER?!" The stats are COMPLETELY different if you actually look at them on the document!

The whole point of these weapons are to emphasize faction specific traits:
    TR: High rate of fire
    NC: Hard hitting bullets
    VS: plasma rifles and superior tech

And why are we complaining? If yoou need me to change the stats into something more realistic, I'll do that. Be open minded and not Faction Specific. The point of these weapons is to reward our heavy players with an actual heavy weapons and make game play more fun for everyone.

TR: Imagine youre coming up the corner and you see a TR heavy with this minigun, you know you have 2.5 seconds to kill him before he kill you in less than one. His mesh gen will nums it down to almost one second.

VS: Youre with the zerg and you guys are charging down a base. A huge beam is just mowing everyone down and medics are going crazy. (Here you would have to duck and cover for your life and isolate the target and kill hom). there a re 9 seconds until the next shot, and if you get close enough, they will be forced to use the secondary to combat you.

NC: In a close quarter fight, you hear everyone yelling "watch out for that beastmode!" Instantly you know you have to hunt down the user as quickly as possible as they kill your allies in one shot. The 2 second chamber time is the perfect opportunity to strike before they kill you in a shot.

AS you see, another point of these weapons is to make the user and extremely high priority targets on the battlefield. They have their OP strengths but is a player is good enough to expose their weaknesses like above, it'll make the user extremely vulnerable.
    • Up x 1
  2. Foxirus

As a matter of fact, We did look at the stats. You can say its weak when its doing as poorly as the Lasher X2.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pelojian

sure people have trouble coming up with ideas, it's one thing to come up with ideas and admit you don't have an idea for X or Y, it's another thing to post that when designing new stuff that you should design around a niche for that faction and then in the same post suggesting something non-niche for one faction and some niche stuff for the other factions.

ask for ideas from other people, don't suggest something terrible for one side because you can't come up with something.
  4. Pirbi

Forget the guns, I want that box of crayons!
  5. Nifa92k

OK what is ur take on the situation? Don't have to be mean, just tell me what u think each one should have with specific stats.
    -TR heavy gun
    -NC heavy gun
    -VS heavy gun
  6. Demigan

NC weapon: 4 pellets more than the next PA shotgun, but a pellet spread increase from 3,5 to 10? If you stood 1m away from a MAX you would still miss half your pellets and that's probably not even a hyperbole! The hip accuracy even stops mattering as your pellets will be everywhere on your screen anyway!
    You probably mean something else as you keep saying things like "capable of OHK at 30m" and "two shot kill between 31 and 100m" which is kinda ridiculous for any shotgun, and if it was that accuracy it would be used for long-range insta-kills as people would aim high at the chest and get a bunch of headshots for almost free, making any two-shot kill into a one-shot-kill and extending the OHK range up to 100m.
    Even with the re-arranged pellet spread of 6 it would still not function even close to your idea. Even the "highly accurate" Jackhammer and Baron have a pelletspread of 2,5!

The TR weapon:
    "bullets will start moving to the circumference and after 225 bullets fired they will even move out of the COF".
    This basically means that the COF just increases until it goes outside of the standard COF, meaning that there is a variation in the COF based on the amount of bullets you fire with it.

Also, standard operation of this weapon will be players revving up with left fire until the first shots are fired, then keeping it revved up with right mouse so they can open fire instantly.
    I think it would be better to reduce movement speed to 50% when revving. This way players have to choose when they rev up and loose their speed or keep moving. But either way I still think the damage potential on this weapon is too great, as it can probably annihilate MAX's before the Heavy dies in a lot of engagements, if not tear apart entire rooms. (same actually also goes for the NC version).
    It's muzzle velocity outshines that of most sniper rifles (same goes for the NC weapon actually), why?

The VS weapon:
    You talk about chamber time but specify no ammo count, in the description you have to find that it's a 3 second charge time rather than chamber time. Then there's a 6 second beam that can damage just about anything. There is no explanation if the beam can be interrupted should your targets get destroyed or friendlies decide to get in your way. 6 second cooldown seems to be a balancing factor, even though we have an AV turret with 6 second cooldown (certable to lower but still) that is probably less capable of dealing with infantry than this Halo weapon, and stationary.
    The damage is "specified" as 900 over infinite distance. But is this 900 damage over the full 6 seconds? Or 900 per undefined time? It is still not defined properly even though it might look like it's defined.

All in all you seemed to think of 3 seperate idea's of completely OP weapons that would make Heavies both heavily used and have incredibly differing downsides for each faction. The VS for instance will be smiling most of the time with their new infinite range 100% accuracy anti-vehicle sniper (and perhaps anti-infantry sniper depending on the damage per second this will do, perhaps capable of cutting down half a squad) while the slowed down TR might view their weapon as both a blessing and a curse.
    So try to create something balanced, rather than creating something OP and slapping on some heavy detriments that might or might not be enough to offset it's incredible heavy OP damage and capabilities.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nifa92k

WOAH SO MUCH FEEDBACK! thanx man, Ill work on it :p

My Feedback:

NC SHOTGUN:
    -XD im so dumb! I based hip fire of a sniper XDXDXD Ill fix that
    -Ill make the damage 3HK past 31m

TR MINIGUN:
    -I actually meant sustained fire. If you keep firing, the cone of fire will increase past its norm. If you burst fire, it'll never happen.
    -Firing Process:
    1) Right-click: motor begins to rev
    2) Left click: after 2.5 seconds firing can commence
    -To keep the motor going, user must hold right mouse
    -Conceptually, this is a physically heavy weapon so whenever moving, it will reduce moving speed even when ADS
    -Ill bring the ammo count down to half. Shooting time will be 5 seconds.
    Q: Muzzle Velocity exceeds sniper?
    A: It's actually 25 m/sec lower than the muzzle velocity of the modern day M134 Minigun. For the NC, it's just to emphasize the umph.

VS RAILGUN:
    -for chamber time its basically the charge. I know it's not the same, but thats what I put.
    -Beam concerns: Imagine you have a cow standing in a field representing a soldier. Then imagine you have a railgun that shoots out plasma at more than 2600 m/sec. 2600 m/sec!!!! Thats gonna go through anything! Friend or foe, if u get in the way, you're screwed.
    Q: Damage?
    A: Okay so its 900 on contact so yeah over all 6 seconds. Its a beam that will continuously shoot as is leaves the barrel until it need to cool down. Its not a pew, pew, pew beam but a sustained beam. Maybe this will help: http://sciencequestionswithsurprisinganswers.org/images/laser_red.png no matter what it touches it will do 900 damage per second. ex: MAX will takes three seconds of contact as its does 900 damage. An enemy soldier will leave with half health if the beam hits them for 0.5 seconds.

CONCLUSION: (quotes)
    Q:"The VS for instance will be smiling most of the time with their new infinite range 100% accuracy anti-vehicle sniper (and perhaps anti-infantry sniper depending on the damage per second this will do, perhaps capable of cutting down half a squad)"
    A: 6 seconds to kill with a 6x scope. Just play that in your head. You'd have to have such good aim to bounce off of targets to kill 6 people in six seconds.

Anyways I made another set of revisions so keep the feedback coming ty
  8. Demigan

I have the feeling you still don't have all your facts straight.

That is a very bold statement, I bet there's plenty of developers that are scratching their heads at the exact distances a shotgun is operable or not. They need the statistics of thousands of players to get a good feel for how effective their shotgun actually is at a given range.
    I'm not sure how you are going to achieve this exact 31m = 3 HK and the reasoning for when it is a 2-HK etc.

Right click: motor begins to rev. Does this mean the 2,5 seconds rev up from left-click is overruled if you do this? If so, what are the drawbacks of not revving up and making sure you can annihilate 2 people in the time it takes a shotgun to kill one?
    I suggested having normal speed when not revving so this problem could be avoided, and players have an actual choice in how fast they are going. Also conceptually the VS also have a Heavy weapon, but they don't have a movement nerf only a 6 second cooldown. Seeing how good their weapon will be at range a 6 second cooldown is not as dangerous since they will be hard to hit and probably near cover they can use while it cools down.

We have modern day rifles, and we have in-game mechanics. Sniper bullets move faster than tankshells in this game. In fact, there's pistol rounds that move faster than tankshells in this game! This is because of balancing and game mechanics. Yet here you introduce several weapons that outstrip the velocity of some of the fastest muzzle velocity weapons in game. Adjust the speed to something that fits in the game, rather than fits in the real world.

Depends. Near the flame of a candle you already create a plasma, if you fire that at 2600m/s all you do is create a large hot stream of air that will decelerate immensely in the first 30m because it's also a small stream of lightweight high velocity plasma. When talking about high velocities, you need mass, not heat (especially because heat is a form of high-velocity movement of mass itself). If you used the candle plasma it might not even reach the cow if it's at 30m, and all he would feel is a warm breeze... In fact, plasma is a horridly bad weapon that's more likely to kill the user than the target, especially if you don't concentrate it in some way.

Here is where I think you don't have all your facts straight:
    The beam deals 900 damage on contact over all 6 seconds. This sentence means that it will deal 900 damage total, or 150 damage per second.
    Then you state it will deal 900 damage per second for 6 seconds. Against infantry this is actually a horridly bad weapon, maybe it's some good against MAX's depending on the damage reduction you file this under.
    The Soltice VE3 deals 143 damage per bullet, has 30 rounds per magazine and fires at 698RPM. This means it deals a total of 4290 damage in 2,58 seconds, then it's magazine is empty
    Your beam weapon deals a total of 5400 damage over 6 seconds. This means the weapon is useless against infantry compared to even the standard Carbine of the VS!

But against vehicles, this weapon is godlike!
    Let's compare it to the current completely OP weapon of Ravens, some of the highest DPS weapons coupled with sustainability and accuracy in the game (why the hell haven't they been nerfed already!). Ravens deal 335 damage per shot (usually fire two shots as it's on a MAX for 670 damage) and have a RPM of 48 with 5 shots per Raven.
    Dual Ravens deals 3350 damage per double magazine over 6,25 seconds. This means if you get 1 Heavy buddy with the same HALO weapon you could OHK any vehicle in the game regardless of where you hit them, especially since you are more likely to hit every shot than with Ravens due to the immensely high muzzle velocity of 2600m/s and a 6x scope making vehicles easy sniped targets.

You got it.
  9. Nie_Tutaj

The crusader should be a TR single-handed MAX weapon. As such, its stats should be much more kickass. I mean laser shooting cyborg Praying Mantis kickass.

That should also be a Vanu vehicle.
  10. FieldMarshall

A 3000rpm 200dmg TR HA minigun.

Seems reasonable.