Dear Pheonix Whiners

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Taiga, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Taiga

maybe instead they should make infiltrators more useful then, because even before the pheonix, infiltrator was hardly a very useful class.
  2. Crewell

They can buff damage to air vehicles all they want. They could make it OHK galaxies and the main problem still exists. That is the rocket doesn't have the maneuverability or speed to hit anything moving in the air. It can't even hit a moving tank broadside if the tank is going at a decent speed. The Phoenix can only get hits on a vehicle that is stationary, or moving towards or directly away (and away only for ground). I've shot the thing at Galaxies and Liberators within the 300m range and they outran it in a straight line away. They could of easily banked to the side to dodge it as well.

All that leaves in it's current state is an AI rocket. It hardly replaces snipers. It is an alternative for NC, to infiltrator sniping. Who says if Lancer damage isn't buffed that won't replace sniping too? you say extreme range, but 300m is hardly extreme. I've killed at far past that with my Infiltrator. In fact the screenshot originally shown proves one thing in that names are repeating. It shows that bad players that don't move often will be killed a lot by the Phoenix. Guess what. Bad players who constantly stand still get killed repeatedly by snipers in any form.
  3. Cymoril

Maybe what your doing with the infiltrator class isnt useful for your faction? I run against several that are a pain in my *** and theyre not miles away headshotting me. If you see something not working, switch up to something else. If that doesnt work,switch to another class or log out and come back later. I find myself doing the latter more and more with the game tho.
  4. Kroova

We already are :p. Imo Launchers are pretty balanced. My outfit ran a few Striker squads once it was released, but overall most of us are disappointed to get such a boring weapon... (as if there were not enough Lock On Launchers already :eek:).

Personally, I would love to have gotten the Pheonix or Lancer since at least they open up new tactical possibilities.

Oh well there is always my NC toon. ^.^
  5. Comptonunhh

Well, aside from that people tend to have a bug up their **** about being 1-shotted by rockets, it was really intended to be an AV weapon to begin with. If they feel the need to add an anti infantry launcher of sorts at a later date thats fine, but the phoenix is something everyone wanted to return from planetside 1, to remake its intended role into something completely different from what it was then would remove all the nostalgia people were requesting it for in the first place.
  6. Nyldar

Atleast the sniper requires line of sight and I can shoot back. Depending on how safe the position of that phoenix user is I can neither see nor shoot the guy.

You're asking for something that can kill infantry while risking even less than the most cowardly sniper and still do damage to vehicles (infiltrators can't) while also scouting the area.

If its not effective enough to be usefull against ground vehicles then it should be adjusted accordingly, but that silly thing should never do more than slightly annoy infantry.

The phoenix being effective against aircraft probably will never happen, simply because of the speed and distance of the targets.
  7. Comptonunhh

If you want the phoenix or lancer make a VS or NC character, i dont understand why everyones so dissappointed about a weapon that was in planetside 1 and worked almost exactly the same. Youve seen it in that game so you should have known exactly how it was going to operate, if you dont enjoy it then dont buy it and wait for the next weapon that piques your interest to come out. All 3 of these ESRL's were designed to maintain likeness to the ones from PS1 because thats what people were requesting make a return. To completely redesign one so it functions nothing like its predecessor would be not giving people what they asked for when they said they wanted the ESRL's to make a return in PS2
  8. Krinsee

Pheonix Monkeys have always been and will be in PS, Just Nerf AV damage against all Infantry besides MAXs and problem solved.
    iirc It used to take 2-3 phoenix rockets to kill infantry in PS1. And you know what? YES it was very very annoying to be being artillery struck by guided rockets but it made it balanced where a group had to use it for anything but picking off wounded and deployed turrets. Hell make people actually have to use them in their roll instead of just hiding behind terrain and spamming the things.
  9. St0mpy

As soon as I find myself in a base assault vs NC I move hexes now.

Having a weapon able to find AMS sunderers up to 450m from the firing point is an unfair advantage so until some balance is returned I will consider NC a cheats team with unfair weaponry and decline battles with them, unless its an area unaffected by launchers or sunderer positioning, eg, an air battle (oh hello reaver shotgun, i wish we had one of those, no matter, ill cope) or inside a biolab (oh, hello NC scatmax, again OP but ill cope).

So by all means, add even more nice private toys for the NC, why not give them permanent 300m nv goggles too, or auto aiming guns (or at least more GR22s, the lowest recoiling gun in the game, thats NC too) and wonder why less and less players want to fight against them any more, I certainly dont.
  10. Scientiarum

I really don't see the phoenix as being that big of a deal. Yeah it is a damn good weapon and I do think a 1 shot kill for infantry is a bit much but I don't see it being anywhere near game-breaking. Rather than nerf the NC and TR rocket launchers I'd MUCH rather see the absolutely EFFING USELESS LANCER have it's bugs (primarily the damn view switching bug) fixed and seriously buffed. I think rocket launchers were kind of weak in the game so I am fine with strong faction rockets as long as they are all comparable.

Heavies need some heavy stuff, just don't leave us Vanu out! I mean, of you TR and NC players, who can honestly say that they have been killed by even 1 Lancer (on foot, in a tank or in an aircraft?).
  11. Scientiarum

I was flying low in my scythe at about 67 kph under broken arch today and some guy took me out with a phoenix. Apparently you just suck with it.

I am NOT saying it is OP either, but it is a capable weapon. As far as I can tell the only faction that got shafted was the Vanu with the ABSOLUTE GARBAGE LANCER. It's analagous to the damn Gallente in EVE, at launch they were the OP faction so for the entire rest of the existence of the game they have continually gotten shafted by the devs because somehow it was their fault and now they useless and no one plays the faction. That is how things are seeming to turn out for the vanu here in PS2. With the exception of the Briggs server (weird Aussies must really be into the whole purple spandex thing) the Vanu are SERIOUSLY underrepresented in every other server as far as I am aware.
  12. Derek069

First of all I loled at the TR whining about the striker being too boring for them and using that as a balanced launcher argument. Being 1 shot with a phoenix rocket and never seeing the person sucks but hey it happens with snipers it does take a bit of skill. Being killed in a tank ridiculously fast by a striker sucks but hey prowlers can do it (wait...same faction wtf lol). Being killed in a tank slowly by a lancer...well wait, ummm....yea. The devs kinda pooped the bed on this one unfortunately.

To sum it up; Good thing I have a TR character to play and kinda sucks VS pop is going down.
  13. Taiga

Oh, excuse me, i forgot how fun dogfighting with a mossy that is faster and more manueverable is, or how fun running into an MCG heavy was, or how fun getting sniped with a mercy max was, or how fun getting spawntrapped by 2 prowlers was, or how fun fighting against rapid fire rocket pods were, or how fun running into a BR1 with a carv was.
  14. Ganelon

I've never even seen the missile because it won't render.
    • Up x 1
  15. SpaceKing

Thing with the phoenix is it fires so slow you're revived and shooting and he's still reloading.

It'd be fine if they could fix the dang render bug.
  16. St0mpy

Like i said already, NC have several personal toys none of us have, not just variations of power, but ill cope, ill deal with that inequity, but to add a TV guided UAV to scout every enemy sunderer within 450m too? pfft, have it mate, one last straw which broke the camels back.

All the rest, not so bothered, its within a boundary of having an alternative or adapting playstyle, but a free camera to see all troop movements? theres no counter for that, theres no playstyle change i can make to stop being spotted by the missile operator, you might as well have a wallhack, so I will consider NC as such until there is some balance.

EDIT: sorry, forgot to address your rants, reaver has as good turn circle, ive been in turning fights with good pilots of both factions, just because you suck at the turning game doesnt mean all reaver pilots do, oh faster? sorry you have the strongest hoverjets, you have the highest DPS main cannon blah blah blah, see we could go on forever but theres nothing you can say to counter or balance having your own personal battlefield camera. You have to try and hide it in among all your other so called inequities, ones which, even if unbalanced, we have *some* answer to. There is NO answer to a hand guided UAV.
  17. Ev3ntHorizon

so a free camera to scout with.... erm..... ever flown an afterburner tanked ESF......??????
  18. Crewell

If it's not rendering for you, I can't say it's a game issue or graphic issue on your end. I have had people shoot several of my rockets out of the air. I also see the missile flying if I break control of it early.
  19. Ganelon

Game issue, my outfit members confirmed that they couldn't see the missiles nor the explosions upon impact, people just seem to be dying randomly.

This tweet also confirms it.
  20. Crewell

So you were flying in basically a straight line very slow and got hit? How does that not meet what I said was about the only way you hit a moving aerial target? Very mature of you to say I suck when you are the one flying in the only way a Phoenix will hit an ESF consistently.