Dear fellow medics.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Naju, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Naju

This is a note from a fellow medic. Please stop running around with your medical applicator out. You're making us look bad. You will not heal through a hail storm of gunfire. The best thing you could do is have your primary weapon out and help in the fire fight! Afterwards you can heal and revive people! You're also not going to kill a enemy with your medical applicator out and by the time you switch you are already dead! You're more effective to help in the fight THEN patch people up! Thank you and go kill some people!
    • Up x 5
  2. VKhaun

+1

So tired of seeing towers and small points fall because the stairs and buildings are full of people with tools out trying to repair MAX's and heal everything in sight. If they would just shoot stuff you could clear the enemies out, and THEN heal up while the doors are being covered. But no, I have to try and fire my lasher down the stairwell in between two medics and an engineer who contribute nothing but cover for the enemy, trying to out-heal a pair of CARV 9's.

Full repairing a MAX or healing someone isn't anywhere near the points you get for an assist or a kill either. I really don't get why they do it.

Also, if you're going to heal someone during the action, turn on your nano ability with the F key. You will heal faster, and you will heal other people around you at the same time. Often the F key ability alone will do all the patching up you need in a building or on a stairwell, and you don't even have to put your weapon away.
  3. knighthonor

huh? you have no idea what you talking about.

I run around with my medic gun out, healing my allies and rezing. They are far better suited for combat. I can bring allies quickly back into the fight to change the face of battle.

thats why its team work. we are a interdependency. I have a role, and I plan to do it. you dont like it, then play the other assault classes.
    • Up x 4
  4. Naju

You're role is to keep the fight MOVING not derp around in a fire fight. This is not WoW, you are not a priest you will not outheal the boss with your medical applicator. Better solution? Kill their people first then heal.
  5. Pyros

Well there's a bit of both. You don't want to run around with your medgun all the time because besides rezing people and once in a while healing someone who's at low health from a previous fight, you won't be able to do much, you can't outheal even the crappiest gun with the current super low TTKs so it's pointless to try to heal people getting shot at.

At the same time, there's only a limited amount of people who can push forward without getting killed by friendly fire, and generally a HA is more suited at rushing in first with the shield on than a medic. With that said I often get tired of how passive and dumb people are so I generally rush headfirst when people have been camping a door for the past 3mins, try to get a few kills before I die and hope some people follow and advance the position. After a few times generally it ends up working.
  6. IshanDeston

In big engagements with lots of wounded, i am running with my healgun out. Its way to expensive to cert fully into the special ability yet and until i have that, i plan on doing my job first and getting kills second. I rather leave the frontline spot to shoot an enemy for a Heavy Assault, who is much more suited for it than me.

No need to be a newbie Derp Medic that believes he is in Battlefield and that the healing abilities are only for himself or when the firefight is over as he is blocking other peoples line of fire.
  7. Garrix

Good medics have a love/hate relationship with their 1/3 buttons. Spam them basically all the time, and probably weaponswap more than any other class. It takes some learning for the stupid ones, but I'm sure they will get it eventually.
  8. Tycon

Leveling my alt as a pacifist, only through repair and support. Its better than afking but you make a good case that another able bodied soldier to shoot bullets helps, however a guy with a medic gun out is just as good of a meat shield as anyone else. There are times when you have nothing to heal though and it is rather silly to run around with no chance to retaliate, but people are being told that they can play this game as a full support role and not have to fight, I suppose that role is sunderer driver.
  9. zappy

it depends on the situation. if you die to the same enemy of the person you are trying to heal, then you are doing it wrong, but if you can bring your allies back and both live then you are playing fine.
  10. Fetish

I think (hope?) we can all agree that what we want everyone to avoid is doing 'nothing.'
    For medics, that means if you're not actively healing or rezzing someone you should "swap" your applicator tool for another weapon and engage the opposition in combat.

That said, this generally applies to every class not just medics -- we (medics) are certainly not the only ones that "stand around" doing practically nothing sometimes. :p

Regardless of class roles, weapon swapping is something you want to become intimately familiar with, as if the lives of your squad depended upon it--because it often does.
  11. Domari Nolo

I realize that dual wielding a pistol and a heal gun prolly ain't gonna happen. (It's more of a mercy thing from the devs, noobs would confuse the buttons and shoot allies whilst healing enemies.) But I can dream.

So... Dear SOE, Please let me spend Cert points into faster weapon swaps.

But to get back to the topic: If you're going to stand there with your med-gun out, at least stand in the back. You don't need to peek down the hallway. Here's a little tip from your Uncle Bob: If you're taking damage from the front and the rear... you should stand somewhere else. (Or maybe even crouch, but we'll do this one step at a time.)
  12. CrimsonDaemon

It makes me sad. They used to have implants that you could buy that would increase weapon swap speed. I think that left sometime in the beta, but I remember when. I have to say, I am guilty of running around with my medgun out on occasion, but its only in circumstances when I am surrounded by friendly troops that can shoot back. Not the best reason, but I like to trust they aren't completely stupid.
  13. Tracker88

I rebound my keys to 1 rifle, {2 medgun, repair gun(eng), launcher(HA)}, 3 pistol. I use the keys to swap rather than the mouse scroll. it will not change the order they sit on the screen or the scroll swap, but 1-2 is close to where my hand sits so the two weapons I use the most are on 1-2 for the three classes I play and does not affect my vehicle or Mossi binds.
  14. iEatGlue

You're assuming I want these fools shooting guns. When equipped with an automatic weapon, these friendly medics you speak of are the best players on the enemy team.
  15. Opapanax

Seeing 10 medics all bunched up in some sort of healing ritual makes me lick my chops all the time. Especially when all I see if a bunch of green sparklies everywhere..

Love our medics tho.. Keep on'a healin..
  16. Mansen

Dear OP. You are not going to be doing any damage with that automatic rifle of yours if you leave all of the engineers to die.

Sometimes you just have to put on your healer pants and hat and start doing some dedicated healing. You are generally not at risk of dying - your teammates are.
  17. McKnighter

It's all very situational.

As a combat medic who tends to (mentally) scream "YOLO BALLS DEEP 720 NO SCOPE" as I charge into enemy Amp stations, I find myself doing one of two things.

1. Leading the charge by using my AoE ability to completely turn any 1v1 fight into my favor against anything but a HA or a MAX. My assault rifle gives me a well balanced killing power at any range. Sure, I'll stop to heal someone up or Rez them if there's no enemies in the area, free XP!

2. I got my medic gun out and at the ready, hiding behind twenty soldiers who will gladly soak up all the enemy fire and die for the Republic, only to have me bring them back to life and restart the cycle of life and respawn. I pull out my gun when I see a flanking enemy or when they breach our line, but besides that I'm focused on keeping our battle line healthy and well stocked with fodder soldiers.

A mixture of this style sums up my playing as a Combat Medic. Best of both world. :)
    • Up x 5
  18. Nordstroem

The medic's primary weapon is crappy and near useless in a fight. It's much better if a medic uses his tool to keep his teammates alive a little longer by healing them and reviving them if they die. If the medic tries to join the firefight he's more likely to die and if he dies then who will heal and revive his teammates? What little time a medic can buy his friends by healing them does far more damage to the enemy than the medic's own primary weapon.

That being said, a medic must not be stupid and think that it's a good idea to stand infront of the line and block his teammates' line of fire. Preferably a medic should try to heal around corners to stay in cover, but if that isn't possible then he should at least stand behind his teammates. A dead medic means more teammates that needs to respawn and thus a slower advance or even lost ground.
  19. Pyros

Sorry but it sounds like you have no idea how to aim properly if you think the ARs are bad. They're the best infantry weapons in the game. If someone is at full health, healing them is obviously pointless, if they're low health, you'll have plenty of time to heal them when they get out of fire's way. You're not going to outheal someone getting shot at, it's not even close, even with the max medigun you need like 2secs to fully heal up someone and it takes less than a second to drop them down to low health even with a pistol. You're better off rezing people at 100%health than healing them if they don't move into cover when low health.

If you're standing in the back doing nothing because no one's dying, you might as well get your AR out and shoot at stuff. There's a time for healing and there's a time for killing, and it's quite often more time to kill than to heal, especially if there's more than one medic around(and that's very often in my experience). You're not contributing anything when you're standing with your medgun out "ready to heal" if there's no one to heal.

With the low TTK and low rate of healing I have no idea how people think "healing" is a viable role. Rezing is, for sure, but healing is like the thing you do after the fight is over or when a HA is reloading is rocket launcher and took dmg from the tank he's shooting at. Also you can heal with Nanoregen without your heal gun just fine when it's just topping people off.
  20. Hagestol

1/3/B you mean, no way I'm using full auto NS-11 when I can headshot people with single-shot.
    The world would be perfect if single shot was persistent for the entire lifespan or a permanent toggle.