Dear Emerald Players...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RainbowDash9, Feb 22, 2016.

1. RainbowDash9

Please stop using every cheap *** tactic you can to ruin every single fight :p
    everyone whos played recently on Emerald will know.

that is all :D
  2. EPIC389

Briggs Player requests more information
  3. JohnGalt36

Connery Player requests more information
  4. RainbowDash9

theyre exploiting basically every single possible thing they can in attempts to be "MLG" and ruining fights left and right.

i mean hell once you see an NC base whos A point is away from the tower swarmed with VS maxes, you know its time to log off. or like 50 AV engineer turrets out of render range blowing up tanks (and i literally mean 50). or the massive spawn camping at EVERY single fight, but not just any spawn camping, nope we got people UNDERGROUND spawn camping lol.

its just a mess of try hards exploiting everything they can to get the edge when its supposed to be about fun even fights. i had to jump ship and play on miller even though i get 200 ping just to avoid the stress of all the crap going on over there.
  5. Steza

Never seen 50 AV engineer turrets shooting before, maybe 4 at most. Just move behind them with a sniper and enjoy getting some free headshots off.

Maxes are not that hard to take on, strap on some drifter jump jets work your way around toss some C4 and just relax in your well earned certs. Never even heard of the last one before.

The newest strategy I've seen so far is C4 on cloak flashes to take out armor columns. Looks like fun to do.
    • Up x 1
  6. Taemien

So.. they're PVPing in a PVP game?

You realize that this isn't a match based shooter. Its a PVP-MMOFPS. The PVP means Player Versus Player. Which encompasses more than just players competiting with players. But means that you can and will face ever dirty, rotten, though legitimate tactic in the book at anytime, anywhere.

Fights aren't ruined. Fights are either won or lost. That's normal.

Don't be a player based in mediocrity and passivity. Make or change the battlefield. Come up with your own nasty tricks and counters. That's the fun part of PVP in a PVP game. If that isn't fun... well play on a underpopped server with a few friends and hope the 'bullies' don't follow you. Cause you know.. they might.

And since I know some peeps are doing that on Miller.. I might have to log over there between 4pm-6pm EST to stir them up a bit. :D
    • Up x 1
  7. cobaltlightning

Grenades in the spawn-rooms, I agree is a no-no.

A bunch of AV Turrets picking off your armor convoy from behind is more a-ok, of course.

Emerald's TR and NC use that tactic, as well, although I personally haven't seen it nearly as often as the VS. This icalled a 'MAX Rush' and is easily defeated by AT mines or C4, even moreso with a motion spotter near their spawn room.

As for your last, I've only seen that at one base, with one person. And I personally saw a VS Max Wielding a Sledge-Hammer smack him so hard he was no longer in the game. Otherwise, your standard 'spawn camping,' while indeed boring, is a tactic for the zergs or the much more organized smaller platoons.

Simply put, this is an open-world MMO-PVP Focused-FPS. Plus, if you're fighting on even grounds, then you're doing it wrong, anyway.
    • Up x 1
  8. Zap97

All is permitted in love and war.

[IMG]
  9. CovertYank

Your robot gargles aren't loud enough for the 'Dakka Dakka'.
  10. Who Garou

Every tactic has a counter.

The only thing that really can't be countered is being massively out numbered. Which I differentiate from Zerging - which is massing troops - versus simply out-pop'ing another faction across-the-board/all regions.

If someone is using a tactic that you don't like then look outside of your box of tricks and find another method for combating it.

Obviously, the way to avoid being spawn camped is to spawn some place else.
    * You are never locked into spawning into a spawn room surrounded by enemies.
    * The DEV even put teleporters into most of the main spawn rooms so you can move directly from them to another shielded location with the same base.
    * Large facilities often have underground tubes that move from spawn room areas to different locations on the same map.
    * Attackers aren't the only ones that can deploy sundies to get spawns at any base. Often the defenders can deploy sunders in key areas that the attackers can't!

If you are still having issues do searches on the net ::
    Base Capture Tactics
    Base Defense Tactics
    Infantry Tactics
    Sun Tzu - The Art of War
    Musashi - the Book of Five Rings
    The Seven Chinese Military Classics
    Rommel Tactics

The information is out there. Fill your own bow case with arrows.
  11. DooDooBreff

i was killed multiple times today.... they were all exploiting and using cheap tactics of course
    • Up x 2
  12. DooDooBreff

just leaving this here

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...-this-game-or-why-bother.238701/#post-3365393

• Up x 1
  13. Azawarau

There were 5 engies and a max on a mountain doing this to my poor Mag rider in indar

2 galaxies and a few valkyries later they were killed
  14. Stormsinger

The only exploitative thing I see in what you listed above is the underground spawn campers - if they are exploiting terrain mechanics to get under the world, then yes - that should be bannable. Using maxes en masse, engineer turrets, etc... to the degree you claim - that base is lost... Overwhelming numbers is a legitimate strategy, you should go elsewhere. Every unit they have there is a unit that's not at another base.

If you don't want to go elsewhere, go back a lattice line or so and pull a prowler - the TR have the most potent armor in the game by a significant margin these days. Farm vehicles, farm maxes, enjoy the shooting gallery. I would love to see 50 AV turrets on a ridge when driving my prowler, so long as i'm ~550 meters away - thats 50 sitting ducks - you could almost single handedly shut down their turret line. They have a maximum range, you do not - Just sit outside their range and enjoy the uncontested target practice.

I don't recall exactly what each mil-dot represents on your scope, but I seem to recall that it's ~100 meters per line... or approx 200 meters when locked down. (I'm probably wrong on the specifics, but it's conceptually correct.) Once you have a general idea of the range / mil-dot to use for the area surrounding the base, you should be able to wreak absolute havoc before the angry swarm of respawning cert-pinata zerglings comes for you.

AV maxes on ridges, Anti-material rifle engies, heavies with rocket launchers... due to the semi recent change that makes AV-toting infantry render from further away, many will render from well beyond AV turret range, so your supply of targets to shell is quite large indeed - the only thing that can reliably hit you at that range is Lancers and Sarons, so while you won't be entirely uncontested, you'll likely have a good while to farm before you get shut down.

Most random folks running with zergs tend to have a herd mentality of "Someone else will watch for incoming, I can shoot frantically at the spawn room without bothering to watch my ***," so this should be an ideal situation. Heck, when i'm on my VS, and I see such a scenario... I frequently swap to my TR for the multitudes of easy targets, a third of which are usually AFK, or playing with their loadouts while standing stationary on roofs.

I love seeing VS zergs. Despite the fact that my main character is a VS, we make excellent target practice when rampaging around in multi-platoon size forces - you can bet that at least half the force won't be bothering to pay attention, and 3/4 of the remainder will be tunnel-visioning the spawn room.
  15. Poppington

I'm okay with a lot of the "cheese" that happens such as mass MAXing, camping, and spamming of nearly any kind. However, aside from the obvious gripes about exploits and such, one things really bothers me: Sunderers in places they obviously shouldn't be.

3 sundies on the second level of a Tech Plant. 1 deployed. I understand there are ways to counter them before they get there, or stop the approach, but once they are there...

Or sundies on that one elevated base on Esamir (where you drive up the pointy thing).

A small way to make this slightly less painful is the addition of friendly and enemy no-deploy zones. However, some sort of way to make it so sundies can't get to unkillable and obviously unintended positions would be very, very appreciated.
  16. RainbowDash9

so uh..noone got that this was a thread making fun of all the ragers? i guess the second post instead of adding onto it made it more difficult to tell.

oh well you win some you lose some lol
  17. Zap97

*Gunfire in the background*
    "SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM! WOULD YOU PLEASE WAIT AFTER I AM DONE SHOOTING BEFORE SPEAKING AGAIN? THANKS!"

Eheh, I am so silly sometimes. But I must say Nc weapons do are loud.
  18. Savadrin

The VS zerged the life out of everything last night. It was pretty solid early in the evening, but by late, it was god awful.

I did find that a Halberd Harasser is actually a legitimate AA platform in Hossin. Of course, so is the Walker, because sneaky sneaky Harasser can kill 2/3 Libs and the 3rd one bugs out.
  19. Wargeist

I don't know if it's West coasters jumping on to Emerald when it's late or Europeans jumping on early, but during the wee hours the VS population is about as much as both the TR and NC population combined. When you can just run amok and cap everything at will, it's going to throw off those Alert win statistics.
    • Up x 1
  20. TheFlamingLemon

Tactics like taking a friend and getting two prowlers to fire gatekeepers at a battle half a kilometer away?

Well, we've got a solution to that...
    • Up x 2