[BUG] DBG response to their SCAM

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FriendlyPS4, Jul 8, 2016.

1. FriendlyPS4

So I get the typical blame the customer we keeping your money reply from DBG. Is it any wonder that only 7% of the playerbase actually pays for PS2. I reply back to DBG with this message: You have a BUG. That means the fault lies with YOU. If you don't fix this bug then this indeed is a SCAM.

Now let me explain the details on the bug. The sticks do not trigger the bug. Even when you are in the death screen and Im playing with the sticks to see what the F is going on. Im nudging both sticks and the only thing effected is the TR avatar.

Still I initially thought it must be the sticks and Im selecting PAY options with it. So I died a bunch of times, and tried every which way to repeat what you see in the video. Nothing.

So I went back to the sweaty palm fest of finishing up the Auraxium on the SAW. Using med kits for dear life. BAM! It happened again death screen pops up with respawning as NOT the selected default.

Now DBG "advice" is be careful in what you select in the death screen. BUT I did not select a non-respawn option. As you can see in the video the boxes are not lighting up like I am moving anything to select a PAY option. Instead a PAY option is already lit up in the death screen from actions taken when I was alive and near death. Why did those actions transfer over into the death screen? This is a bug, and if not fixed a scam.

You may say, well because you are still hitting the D-pad. No. Im dead. The death animation is showing, Im not pressing on the D-pad. Im pressing on X to get back in the action.

The jaded part of me thinks this is what DBG is counting on. A pay option pre-selected by actions associated with using D-pad med kits in game prior to death. As many consol players do we spam x to get back into the game. Perfect setup for an "accident".
  2. Drewbicus

Well, gee, this sounds like the kind of bug report that is going to really get people on your side due to your friendliness, manners, and pleasant tone. /sarcasm
    • Up x 6
  3. FriendlyPS4

Well gee Im just giving consol gamers a heads up. Because I was wondering how I was selecting PAY options when I wasn't.

Im not here to make friends. Im here to report a bug that is effecting consol gamers.
  4. Diggsano

I TOLD YOU HE WILL COME BACK :D
    • Up x 4
  5. ObiVanuKenobi

So... don't spam buttons while you're dying and don't spam other buttons ignoring the screen and confirmation screen to not get scammed. I don't think you know what scam means and being careless is your own fault.
    • Up x 4
  6. FriendlyPS4

I'm definitely not following you as carefully as you are following me apparently. I have an open ticket with PS2 over this bug/scam.
  7. Moridin6

hammer time
  8. FateJH

Unless you had already posted it in the previous thread, I'm still waiting on a recorded demonstration of the problem as it manifests.
  9. FriendlyPS4

I don't think you know what PS2 console gaming is about, you are a PC player. First off you can't spam the d-pad when you are near death. You can only hit d-pad once. Then immediately hit R2 to stop your death. Now in this instance Im dead right before I press R2.

PC players show a lot of ignorance on what is going on with console players. I remember when a PC player told me to simply tweak my gfx card settings to see cloakers and even gave me the settings. Can't do that on PS4. I remember a PC player arguing that you are not lit up like a christmas tree when you have the flashlight on. Because the enemy can't see the light. Huh? They can in PS4. I have spotted and killed numerous enemies with their flashlight on.
  10. FriendlyPS4

I started this thread with a video. You can see in that video there was no movement to get to the PAY option. The death window opened up with the PAY option selected.
  11. FateJH

The outlined rectangle is the option selected ("Membership" in the video)?
    • Up x 1
  12. FriendlyPS4

An option I did not select. An option that was already selected for me.

This explains the mystery how bounty was ever selected when I never chose it. You can enter that death screen (on consol) with something other then respawn already selected for you. This is either a bug or a scam. If things remain this way, clearly a scam.
  13. Exitus Acta Probat

o_ODidn't you uninstall?
  14. FateJH

It's only a scam if it is done intentionally (or intentionally left that way because of the result). For it to be a bug to be resolved, one must know why it is working in such a way before they can do something about it, and that seems to be where a majority of people are starting. Reproducibility.

The video above demonstrates something different from the original-original problem statement: rather than Bounty, the selection is placed on Membership. Assuming the auto-focus is intended to be one of the spawning options, e.g., Auto Spawn, has there yet been an instance where it lands on the other spawn option instead?
  15. FriendlyPS4

Yes. Then I got a reply back from DBG on my ticket. Saying it was waiting for my response. Well I look at the email it was just a copy of my complaint. I look at the ticket window, nothing there either. So I installed the game to see if the reply needed was me accepting a refund. Nope. So while on, I started to Auraxium my SAW. That is when I bumped into the bug.

Didn't know how that happened.. So I started looking for the bug. Found it. And I saw it was related to the d-pad. Made this post.
  16. ObiVanuKenobi

So you can only highlight membership if you try to use medkits after you're already dead. To purchase a bounty you would need to press the d pad button twice after you're already dead and then press X when death screen comes up and press X again at confirmation screen, correct? That's a lot of stuff to do accidentally.
    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/scam
  17. FriendlyPS4

Again I reported it as a bug. If it does not get fixed, its intentional. Its now a known reported issue.

And again, something was selected in the respawn screen, not by me. I have proof of that. If it can select membership for you. It can select bounty for you. Thats not a great leap. When you prove that a selection that you never made, was made.
  18. FriendlyPS4

Again you clearly showing your ignorance to console gaming. I can't help you there. You don't know how d-pad works in this game. The video clearly shows d-pad was not pressed after death to move the lighted box to a PAY option. Because in PS4 the lighted box would show visible movement to that PAY option. The video shows there was no movement. Video shows the PAY option pre-selected.

Instead of posting links, buy a PS4 then maybe you can be of some help with some real experienced insight.
  19. Sebastien

Have you tried selling your console and buying a PC so you don't get scammed?
    • Up x 2
  20. Hegeteus

Guys, don't dismiss everything in the post just because OP was spitting heavy doses of toxic around earlier. I'd be interested to hear another console players' opinions in case this is just blatant exaggeration though
    • Up x 2