[Suggestion] Daybreak, Stop making NS weapons/vehicles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hotbread, Aug 9, 2017.

1. TheSunlikeOne

Well, looks like ES sunderer rear guns (NC Paladin, VS Aruora, TR Siegebreaker) scrapped from PTS a while ago are coming back as MBT secondaries.

http://i.imgur.com/h9NWuuW.jpg
    • Up x 1
  2. Eternaloptimist

I suspect that the issue is as likely to be that the ES weapon arsenal is already full of weapons for different niches so it is a bit hard to identify something for each faction that does not already have an equivalent. The last original ES developments I can remember are the heat mechanic for the VS directive weapons and the AP bullets on the NC directive LMG.

Take any one of the NSX weapons and have a go at working out how you would make an ES specific variant that was sufficiently different from things already available and is of equivalent, but different, effectiveness (balance?) between the factions.

For that matter, add the Rocket Rifle as a thought exercise and even the clone weapons (BASRs, shotguns, mana turrets, most ESRLs) which are basically NS weapons with different names and skins.

This is not an argument - it is genuinely an invitation to throw out some ideas (I confess I don't have the imagination or grasp of balanced design to put forward any ideas of my own.
    • Up x 1