Customer Service Announcement: Premium Membership

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P149U3

If this goes into effect as soon as my Sub is up I wont be re-subbing and will just buy what ever cosmetic things I need with SC when they go on sale but I really will not continue my subscription if this goes into effect.
    Not worth it if I only get one item a month of which most will me less then 500sc. i mean really, how many cosmetic items are more then 500 besides multi-class helmets of which I really don't care for since I have the NS helmet and i buy most of my guns now with certs.
    If anything you are just hurting your paying customers by by offering more but giving them less....A lot less. I will continue to play and use my my boosters but wont be resubbing and that will be $120 less you will get from this player this year.
    • Up x 1
  2. ReconOne

Maybe, but I honestly see it more likely as the new standard where gaming companies are being downsized and their workers forced to produce in work environments where more staff would hve been on the payroll in the past. They downsize the number of people they have, demand these guys work their butts off, get poorer results (because there's only so much one guy can do at a time), and then still try to get max payout for it.

See one of my main gripes also, on the annaversary live stream where one of the guys denied there was any need for a balancing mechanism for players during off peak hours on the servers. He said this happens to all games, there is no problem. If it's a problem that happens to all games, how is it not a problem? And how can it apply to all games when i can log into a number of other MMO's I play and get into a PvP battle within seconds of joining the que even in off peak hours? So what is this, bad attitude, refusal to admit an annoying problem that isnt big enough to break the game but still sucks, just because it would need an unpopular solution or result in more work for programmers to fix? Shrug. But look how long it took them to get to work on optimizing the game. I'd be willing to bet, if they had more staff, we'd have been at the point wer are now months ago. And i wouldn't be confused why I saw patch notes that said they'd fixed some problem they'd had with respawns, that i'd never experienced, until after I read the patch notes saying they'd fixed it.

Xp

But more staff takes more money, so it isn't going to happen. And if this new method generates more cash, even from disgruntled subscribers, you know it will be implimented.
  3. P149U3

This proves the point no one wants your new "Ideas (Stupid Ideas)" for that game[IMG]
  4. Forkyar24

I will cancel my sub to ps2 the day before this goes in to effect,unless of course they don't do it.

you know SOE, if you guys used your brain, you could just make a different currency for PS2 o wait that would be to hard for you guys huh nvm.
    • Up x 1
  5. Longasc

This change is really urging people to cancel. So that they don't get 500 SC for free anymore. (YES, they seem to want exactly that, people to cancel. Most will forfeit their remaining monthly 500 SC or free item if they now cancel in rage)

-> In a twisted way they want us to rather buy Station Cash and spend it than to subscribe.
    They really seem to gamble that people would buy the 500 SC they get for free every month plus some more to make up for the loss of revenue due to not subscribing.

They really seem to think they make more money this way and have shown that they are willing to treat their subscribers in such a way as what we are experiencing right now.

This is indeed corporate stupidity at its best. But just wait, soon they will find flaw in Planetside 2 and its dev team rather than getting the idea that whoever was responsible for a subscription that feels like a sadomasochism contract that can be altered at any time by SOE is to be blamed.
    • Up x 3
  6. Forkyar24

its funny because SOE even said they are making a lot of money on F2P PlanetSide 2 then how PS1 was. this will fail them.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kitakami

For PS2 subscribers within the UK, your statutory rights allow you to cancel your membership within 7 working days for a full refund.

If outside of the 7 working days; with the terms of service being changed, you can seek compensation, full or partial refund, or whatever other settlement you and SOE agree on. However, it does require mutual agreement. If you can't reach an agreement with SOE, if, for example, they just brush you off with a stock response, then you do have grounds for legal action.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/engla...rms_and_conditions_in_a_consumer_contract.htm
    • Up x 6
  8. NovemberSeven

This is not a good idea.

People in this forum have already been over most of the reasons why this is not a good thing.
    You say this is for the members but it is seems that it's just to get your members to buy more station cash for those smaller, less expensive purchases.

Rather than telling us what we want, please listen to your paying members are saying and recognize this is not a good thing. So if you really vale your members and what to show your appreciation for their "continued support", just increase the monthly SC income by a bit or make it scale from 250 a month to 750 based on loyalty..... or not, just don't do this. Also I got to say i lost some respect for you guys after this decision.

Sorry but I just can't shake the feeling that your trying to rip us off.

Sincerely, a long time paying member.
    • Up x 4
  9. Kitakami

Haven't read the whole thread, but my fear is that this deal will soon be made to look more enticing by increasing the price of items. e.g., 700 SC items increased to 2000 SC.
  10. BloodyPuma

No, thank you very much, but please DO NOT make this change.

Personaly I will not cancel my sub cause I like the game [strong personal bias] and dont see alternatives to play. That doesnt mean that I dont see how SOE is ruining the game on fields of:

-advertisement
    -maintance
    -adding new content
    -anti-cheat

In all above I see absolute failure and there is no excuse.

Maybe, before SOE will enlighten us with more unwanted ideas and "success propaganda", they will put things straight? Like:

"sorry, we lost on stock, sorry we failed at beginning and miscalculated, sorry but we are in the dip economicail toiler witsh Planetside 2. If you want further developement [on normal rate, not "SOE rate"] please help us by donations".

If something like this would be written I personally could send few hundreds bucks as well as convince dozens of my freands playing this game to do the same. OFC - im as well as them are adults with money, 90% of population is not. But such move would kickstars progress - like pensions for 2-3 weaks for few people that would actually do new stuff [new stuff = more income for SOE].

Just ma 2 cents.
    • Up x 6
  11. Runner Coyote

Well, I'm joining the group of subscribers to cancel. This is bad business. Not to mention your customer service SUCKS when trying to deal with SOE directly on literally any issue (they can be downright nasty on the phone). I was one of the people who would save for a few months to buy a bundle, now I can do neither? Now I have to choose one item that will most assuredly end up under 2000SC because their pricing is FUBAR on items already- Items that are visual-only are often more expensive than useful weapons FFS. I'm done throwing my money at these clowns and getting sh*t on in return.
    • Up x 1
  12. Rodinvac

My current subscription was about to run out and I was considering renewing it.
    Guess I won't.
    • Up x 4
  13. Villanuk

I saved my SC for when the Xmas sale came about and when they have daily sales, that way I get value for money, the items are way over priced at normal cost.

With SOE's new "value" for money offer, I have to get something over priced that I do not want or loose it and if I want to buy anything which is not on there list I need to pay more money to get SC.

I am going to email SOE I have asked Pistro for a contact and to inform them I do not approve and if this is the way forward for SOE then I will cancel my membership this month.

I will update the thread if I do get a response.

Edit, Ive just cancelled my membership, problem solved.
    • Up x 5
  14. MichaelS

well, its a lot of positive feedback. they have probably someone watching the the subscriptions and don't notice any changes. this guy reports to the person that created this thing, that everyone is writing how bad this is, but nobody cancel the subscription. it must be a good change.
    so nobody care about the 29 pages here, and the other forums ;)
    the problem with this is the trouble is on your side. you need to take the action. after that they may simply close down your account because they don't want you as a customer any more. i still wonder how / if pro7 is affected by those changes.
  15. TigerHorse

I'm new to this game, and I purchased the 1 month sub. because of the 500CS. If they will do that I will stop giving them my money.
    • Up x 1
  16. MichaelS

if you want to spend SC on this game and are a new player, this new sub is actually better for you. you get a few expensive weapons in short time without spending certs. but the longer you sub, the more sucks this offer.
  17. Villanuk

I disagree. With SC you can buy offers and daily sales, for a fraction of the price. You wont be better off.

"Station Cash (SC) monthly will be replaced with a new program that allows you to select one single item valued up to 2000 SC each month"

I dont see many weapons that are that much SC and when the offers come around for 100 SC, you have saved a fortune. Not to mention you can buy what you want, when you want it.
    • Up x 2
  18. Impala

I have already spent a lot of money on this game, and have every infantry weapon. The only items I do not have are the odd vehicle weapon and camos / other vanity items / stupid horns that I am not interested in. What this deal will have become to me is the 500 SC a month I pay for being replaced with the ability to select a camo each month, unless I forget, then I am screwed.

I am not BR100 or fully certed up yet, but I am not far away. When I reach this goal (which will be well before my next renewal), the only bonus will be the resource bonus. This is not worth the price of membership for me, so at that point I will not be renewing.
    • Up x 1
  19. MichaelS

but you are bound to luck that a good weapon for the main class you are playing is on sale. why would I buy some random crap just to have a different gun that isn't the best in its class. a good example on rare sales are tank cannons. I would not hope to see them any time soon as they were on sale not much more them once.
    the bonus wear off the longer you have the subscription and I would not use it after the 3th month (if you don't depend on the xp resource buff) because more time equals more luck on specific sales. It sucks too if you start the game with an item pack like the anniversary bundle (like spending 20-30€).
  20. Astriania

I count over 80 posts in this thread which state explicitly either 'I'm cancelling my membership' or 'I was going to buy a membership and now won't'. That's getting on for $10,000 in lost income, and that's only the people who are posting about it here.

I'm sure this came down from above as 'we need not to give away shared SC' but please consider one of the options to give 500 PS2 specific currency that acts just like SC except you can only spend it in PS2, as it stands you're just offering a worse deal for PS2 players.
    • Up x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.