Current gatekeeper is on par with the vulcan

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ALN_Isolator, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Ronin Oni

Yeah, and that's the problem.

The GC is showing to be as good in CQB as the terrible over range, short range AV, while having greater accuracy, velocity, and sustained damage over long range than the long range AV.

It's basically better than everything, at everything.
    • Up x 2
  2. WetPatch

They took the best bits of the Saron and Enforcer and threw them onto the Gatekeeper. I.E, no Drop and no CoF/Bloom them smashed up the Velocity to 500 m/s and made it full auto, there is no downside to it what so ever.

If it had been the other way around and removed the CoF from the Saron there would be Murder.
    • Up x 1
  3. HadesR

Only makes them on par if the " perfect scenario " is equally achievable across all 3 ...
  4. Ronin Oni

TR better be careful, they no what happens to crap that releases OP.
  5. WetPatch

I've been arguing it on Reddit, but i dont care at this point. I hope they do release it in its current state because it will be nerfed and then the tears will run wild and free because it will be both nc and vs who will have a problem with it.
  6. CMDante

TR actually getting a long range AV option, oh god the horror.
    We might actually be able to put up a fight against ravens and pheonixes and lancers.
  7. HadesR

Nah you won't ... Cus you will just get wasted by the NS striker before getting close :)
  8. CMDante

:(

But really, the gun isn't even out yet and people are already ********. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
  9. HadesR

TBH they buffed the velocity a little to much IMO ... Should have been no higher than 425 m/s
  10. CMDante

Sure I can understand that. But I'm going to be furious if the NC and VS whiners **** us out of a THIRD decent AV option. We aren't exactly spoiled for them as it is.
    • Up x 1
  11. HadesR

Well kinda whole point of the PTS and nothing should be taken as " ours " or " finished " while it's still on there ..

Ofc TR are going to love the current iteration because it's very good ... But being very good on PTS doesn't mean it doesn't need tweaks or they didn't over buff it ..

Going from 360 m/s ( I believe ) straight to 500 m/s was a bit overkill IMO ... Especially considering all the other perks such as nigh on zero CoF / Drop ...
  12. CMDante

I was just a second ago playing with it. It's a bit absurd that there's next to no drop or CoF bloom, but it does take longer to kill a vanguard from the front than either the Saron or the... Enforcer? By 3 seconds for the Enforcer and 2 for the Saron (roughly, I just counted in my head, didn't bust out fraps or anything)

Again, I'm not saying that it should be released exactly how it is, just that I'd like it to have at least a -chance- at life before someone screams bloody murder when they get killed by it and it's nerfed into uselessness the next patch.
  13. Pelojian

I think it's fair, all this time TR has had to suffer with using vulcan harrassers as the viable AV to attack and survive in quick strikes while NC and VS whined that we still had effective AV to break up masses of vehicles or slow down their advance where the NC and VS would have used ravens and vortexes in our shoes.

now they can whine we actually got an effective long range AV option so we use harrassers against them the same way they have used saron and enforcer harrassers against us.

After all this time of not having effective long range AV they can suffer for a change instead of bottling us up when they can destroy any vehicles we pull quickly which if the situation were reversed they could keep TR far enough away that they could keep pulling vehicles and maneuver.

how many things do NC and VS whien about TR? 3, vulcan harrassers, prowler, claymores. NC and VS have at least the same if not more weapons that annoy the heck out of each other and TR.

if you want ravens and vortexes you need to understand that TR needs something equally effective at range. you get extreme accuracy with ravens and extreme range with vortexes.

you whined about vulcan so they give you a close range AV, but you whine because TR actually got a long range option in return. you cant ask for more and ask them not to give the TR anything noteworthy.
    • Up x 1
  14. Scr1nRusher

That title is incorrect.

Also if your really judging something on a test in VR....
  15. Obscura

Idc TR can have their piece of crap gatekeeper, have you seen the VS vulcan equivalent?? That thing is going to cause more tears than the vulcan did. Lol at least people will be using MBT secondaries other than the halberd too.
  16. CMDante

At least finally the VS will shut the hell up, eh, eh?

No, probably not.
  17. SwornJupiter

They're still going to cry about our gatekeeper...
  18. CMDante

They already are!
  19. HadesR

Why ?

Adding another broken thing doesn't just make the original not broken, you just have two broken items instead of one .. Vulcan needed addressing on Harassers before they made another weapon as good as it ..

Two wrongs don't make a right ...
  20. FateJH

I hope they scale that back a bit. The muzzle velocity is pretty ridiculous.