Could you imagine if 1/15 U.S. military deaths were FF?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dulu, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Hosp

I'm going to kindly ask you people to take your reality check and Golf-Tango-Foxtrot-October.
    • Up x 1
  2. Morpholine

Don't forget, every suicide counts as a friendly fire death in your statistics, as well.
  3. Hoki

Tarnak Farm was really bad. That pilot disobeyed a direct order and dropped a bomb on 12 allies.

His reprimand:

4. Uben Qui

Don't just go all Rambo in a doorway. Watch out for people crossing your line of fire.
  5. Joehunk

If they added stiffer penalties for TK, they'd either have to make it more preventable or be able to distiguish TKs that are the killer's fault vs. the kill-ee's fault. If they didn't do this, there would still be griefing, it would just take the form of jumping in front of your moving vehicle or into your field of fire to get you weapon locked or whatever. Honestly I think I'd rather be killed.

EDIT:
    Note that I mostly agree with the OP (although I think any comparison to actual warfare where actual people die is taking it a bit far), I think there should be stiffer penalties for TKing someone on purpose or through something you can prevent, but there should not be stiff penalties for TKs that are mostly the fault of the person being killed.
  6. MiZrY

You mean don't be Rambo and run in front of a bunch of people shooting..... you got it backwards buddy.

See those 3 guys right there shooting? Common sense would dictate not to run in front of them.
  7. Jaquio

You intentionally TK'd me (which doesn't really bother me) in game because I called you out for the things you say on this forum, and now you're complaining about FF. The funny thing was you were complaining about having to walk 10 feet to get ammo, so I dropped it at your feet, in part to be condescending. But yes, you TK'd an engi giving you ammo.

And now you want a "tangible punishment" for killing friendlies.

I don't even know what to say anymore. You truly are a special case.

By the way, I've never been killed by friendly LAs with C4. Ever think that maybe it's you?
  8. Tasogie

I had to laugh when I saw this thread, mates of mine In US Marines say in Iraq, the most dangerous enemy to the American soldier was the US National guard :p
  9. Kiekeboe

You don't respawn in Real LOL. If people only got 1 life and thats it people will be much more careful ;)
  10. VesperInTheDark

the issue is that with such a large population of players in one area, people always seem to get in the way, and tanks never stop.
  11. Aelloon

I partly agree. I don't mean friendly fire deaths where someone does an accident but I've been straight out TKed by people from full hp with no enemies around. Some people have even started killing me over and over again because for some reason they think I'm an enemy.
  12. A puppeteer

Miltitary guys receive proper training and have the lives of their comrades to think about, this is a videogame.
  13. Suckinator

One of the biggest causes of accidental TK in this game is clipping through allies while still firing.

If the game had player collision, this would happen much less often.
    You can't blame people for shooting at an enemy and accidentally shooting an ally that has no collision and starts taking hits before they even appear on your screen.

I'd have to say, between this and roadkill FF, they make up most of my FF deaths.
    Of course, considering how poorly this game performs with even top market CPU's, with the way the servers run now, I'm sure just this simple feature alone would annihilate your FPS and latency...
  14. Uben Qui

Yup, those three guys out front holding down the trigger sight locked while they get flanked. They are always lucky I am there at their six, burst firing between them as they scatter trying to reload. :rolleyes:
  15. Flarestar

You're... really good at getting shot by friendly players. It may be your server/faction, but I'm nowhere NEAR that ratio of friendly to enemy deaths on either my VS or NC character. You might consider that maybe you're doing things likely to get you TK'd.
  16. Phsychotica

Umm I don't TK often and don't get TKed often... So... Yeah... It might just be you.
  17. iller

It's definitely an NC thing.... especially if you ever play infitrator, I've seen other NC have run past me, back up, and stare at me for half a second before holding down M1 long enough to kill me. I've seen a few cross a busy road to risk getting run over by other tanks just to check-fire me. It's actually more rare for them to STOP firing at the last second before they realize all that "BZZZZZT" noise they're hearing while shooting means they're hitting an Ally.

& Regarding the topic title? ... lol .. was that really necessary?
  18. Tasogie

yer when I played NC I was tked 10-20 times a day, most of them deliberately. I often had people jump off ATV, shoot me an jump back on an drive off..
    NC on Briggs is intensely juvenile.Yet I've been on TR for 4 days an ive been tked 5 times total.
  19. KariH

Excusemii! What you do if you use 6x scope and continioiusly firing and sudenly you noticed friendly head in your reticle? What you do when you have launched rocket and it travelled some time and some happy fellow just fly to catch it with his jumbacks? And that S***t guy who just jumped on your orcket and killed you both because this guy is just 1 meter away from you?

Well - this is hectic game and things happen.
  20. MiZrY

You don't get it, and I'm over trying to explain it to someone who is just arguing for the sake of arguing... I get that enough from my wife. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: