[Cosplay] TR - Heavy Assault Armor (WIP)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Akachi, May 9, 2013.

1. Bill Hicks

We need to a thick girl to cosplay some VS sniper.
    • Up x 2
  2. Akachi

New UPDATE!

Sorry for taking so long guys, work has kept me quite busy, but I've gotten alot further with the overall build.

[IMG]

Note that the colors are not final. These are just the colors that the foam that I used came in. I will be priming and painting the armor once completed.
    • Up x 12
  3. EnviousCipher

Looking sick mate, hopefully you show up in Beatdownboogies annual Dragon Con vid.
    • Up x 1
  4. Zotamedu

But one of these:
    [IMG]

http://www.rootsuit.com/products/purple-solid-rootsuit

Then you just need a gun.
    • Up x 1
  5. Akachi

Haha, good idea. I've remodeled the Drednough helmet so it is a simple peice. So maybe I can some headphones inside.

Blarg is spot on. I'm making the Drenought helmet and the TR armor will be composite - TR heavies really do look sad without it.

EVA / Antifatigue foam (same thing.).

Here is the .5 inch foam I use: http://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-anti-fatigue-foam-mat-set-94635.html
    Here is the .25 inch foam I use: http://www.sears.com/best-step-antifatigue-foam-floor-mat-black/p-00914118000P
  6. EnviousCipher

Actually i'd say a wetsuit would be more suited to it, since it has at least some density to the material AND you can glue **** on to make it look right. Plus you can paint it.

Just check out this guys SPARTAN IV cosplay, he used a wetsuit for the underweave.
    • Up x 3
  7. Akachi

The Reason Why I avoided Vanu armor, other than the fact that I'm TR is because of the spandex. To replicate the armor you will need alot of form fitting materials that are quite expensive. Also I don't have much experience in casting latex so I'm unsure if I want to start now since this is only my second cosplay. However There is a girl who managed to create a very detailed under armor entirely from scratch, so if you have some sewing proficiency you might want to give it a go - http://www.405th.com/forum/armor-un...e/36670-kat-armor-build-with-custom-undersuit
    • Up x 1
  8. Bill Hicks

Nice job
    • Up x 1
  9. McJackson

Looks good! But I can't help but think making an NC cosplay armor would have been easier... Just take a couple of canvas bags, glue pieces of cardboard boxes on them and slap some blue and yellow paint on it. Voilá! Live cheap in the NC!
    • Up x 1
  10. Wintermaulz

Nice work man, keep at it, its looking awesome.
    • Up x 1
  11. Zotamedu

My reply wasn't entirely serious...
  12. Akachi

UPDATE!

Pauldrons are complete and the fitting test was a success.

[IMG]
    • Up x 12
  13. CrimsonDaemon

Looks great. Cant wait for the next update.
    • Up x 1
  14. EliteEskimo

I can't wait to see the Helmet and the rest:cool:
    • Up x 1
  15. Bluejay1020

Sweet
    • Up x 1
  16. WalrusJones

• Up x 1
  17. Acuta

Despite you being a disgusting Elmo, and me being not at all into costumes?

I approve! Nice work!
    • Up x 1
  18. Akachi

If you are serious about making Vanu armor I would seriously suggest looking at some latex casting techniques. It often requires modeling clay, latex molds, and some latex casting material which can get expensive. Here are some youtube links that might help.

Latex Armor pieces -
    Life Casting for Latex -
    Painting Latex -

I'll certainly look for him this year. This is my second time and second costume. I definitely will be at the parade tho so if there are any people who plan on going to dragoncon and would like to join me just hit me up.

Lol the NC would be just as hard, however I am not the biggest fan of the NC aesthetic and since I'm TR the choice was obvious. If Sony would be interesting in me making an NC armor for them though, I definitely wouldn't blink twice before accepting.

I'm planning on making almost all the TR classes except for infiltrator and MAX. Infiltrator due to the body suite and expensive materials, MAX because of bulk and size. All the other classes are streamlines so there are many interchangeable parts between them.

Despite you being a reprehensible Cone-headed Barney... I appreciate this compliment.
    • Up x 1
  19. Akachi

Got extra lucky today. Managed to nab these boots for $29.00. They were the last in stock for my size, after I bought them the price hiked up to $50

[IMG]

Also I just finished remodeling the Dreadnought helmet from reference, now I just need to make the templates for the helmet.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  20. Wintermaulz

Nice model :eek:
    • Up x 1